Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

Default Re: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

lol i was just thinking to do that for only high elves and maybe 1 of the dark elves, thats sums up to 4, is that all right?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Call of Warhammer Revamp; new map, models, units and more (Released for 1.4.4)

high elves = england = 11 models (C:\...\mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data\models_strat\residences\faction_variants\england)
    dark elves = mongols = ditto (...\mongols)

Although it is possible that they are the same, one will not know unless the model is opened in an editor - by then one might as well resize it.

well folks thanks to gigantus i got new resized settlements, i will also be converting all the installation files into one big file and i will be also editing some terrain colors, climate map and see what i can do about the knights bugs. this mod will be compatible to the English voice mod so dont worry (it always was).
    i will make the update as soon as i can but i am kind of busy these days so it might take a week or two.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

*facepalm* sorry for the confusion; I just realised what I screwed up. I installed the tomb kings submod but it didn't work for some odd reason, and I forgot about it. Sorry about that
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    *facepalm* sorry for the confusion; I just realised what I screwed up. I installed the tomb kings submod but it didn't work for some odd reason, and I forgot about it. Sorry about that
    lol good i am now uploading the new version with new terrain colors, a new launcher that allows Chaos players to change their colors from green or red to brown (chaos undivided).
    thanks to gigantus i have new resized high elf settlements and thumbar fixed the saddle satchels from the dismounted knights.

there might still be one bug remaining and thats the cultivated/farming terrain colors, before in of of my games(old save) i have these farm lands being built and maintained (seen on the map) but on my new save it is none existent. if anyone is willing to test this out please do this; at turn 9 look at Averland, do you see yellow farm fields or just green grassy fields?

thanks and enjoy the new additions.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Sorry for off-topic, but caught my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    Are all our Sundering Team Members leaving us (with the work they did for us, sometime even without giving us what they did for us) with their work and put it in their own mods or for COW?
    Interesting
    Hmmm.. None has left latelly I as can tell, or have someone? If your referring Toho's work, but as he stated, he finished what he was doing for Sundering already. These stratmap textures are big improvement for CoW, so why not share them with other players?

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    though i cant say much about what Khavi or T&D are doing theses days lol
    ?

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Kahvi is working on his unit(valkia) and I am working on dragonborn.So I could sorry only for that i am lazy and go to work with another team but i am still in the team!!!

This looks interesting particuly the new map models and settlements any chnace of seperate download for theese as i have made many custum chnages to EDU and also iam using tomb king which probably incompatible. Also the install link i borken for me the EDU works fibe but iam seeking the new map and settlement textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    ?
    i mean i dont know what they are working on and what their future plans are. (just answering his question honestly)

Quote Originally Posted by goblinking View Post
    This looks interesting particuly the new map models and settlements any chnace of seperate download for theese as i have made many custum chnages to EDU and also iam using tomb king which probably incompatible. Also the install link i borken for me the EDU works fibe but iam seeking the new map and settlement textures.
    nope sorry, there are ways to separately install these, i think for the map you need the text folder(regions name file) and world but don't take my word for it, ask the mod workshop or else it might crash or you might replaces files you were not suppose to replace. i dont know what thumbar touched but the new settlement models are in model_strat folder.
    Last edited by Toho; September 03, 2011 at 10:25 AM.

sorry for what may seem like double post but is there any alternative download links the media fire is borken for me only the EDU is available i cant get the maps or strat map regions and models.

Do you have the reworked Charge's textures for seperated download?

Hello, the game crashes with an "unspecified error" whenever i enter battle. I only have this mod installed and it worked before.
    I used the all-in-one installer and copied the data, OU and .bat file in Call_of_Warhammer root folder, replacing files in data.
    after that I placed the edited edu/edb in the data folder.

I play as the dwarves and try and attack an orc general to the east when I get this crashlog.

this is a cut down version of the crashlog, it was 18mb so i could not upload it.
    but i think the important parts are there (the end)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    12:06:20.489 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/indicators/arrows/new arrow down/arro1026.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    12:06:20.489 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/textures/#al_outline.tga
    12:06:20.489 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/textures/#al_outline.tga
    12:06:20.489 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/textures/#al_outline.tga.dds,,not found
    12:06:20.489 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/textures/#al_outline.tga.dds,,not found
    12:06:20.489 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#al_outline.tga.dds is missing
    12:06:20.489 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/textures/#al_outline.tga,,not found
    12:06:20.489 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/textures/#al_outline.tga,262188
    12:06:20.489 [system.io] [info] open: found data/textures/#al_outline.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    12:06:20.490 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/textures/#al_outline.tga,,,262188
    12:06:20.490 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/textures/#al_outline.tga,,,-262188
    12:06:20.497 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1B09BD10,,not found
    12:06:20.497 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    12:06:20.497 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1226DED8,,not found
    12:06:20.497 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/prebattle_speeches_subtitles_lookup.txt,,not found
    12:06:20.497 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_1.pack,data/prebattle_speeches_subtitles_lookup.txt,50220
    12:06:20.497 [system.io] [info] open: found data/prebattle_speeches_subtitles_lookup.txt (from: packs/data_1.pack)
    12:06:20.531 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/prebattle_speeches_subtitles_lookup.txt,,,-50220
    12:06:20.532 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0F6D1E70,,not found
    12:06:20.532 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt is missing
    12:06:20.532 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1BAA13C8,,not found
    12:06:20.532 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt.strings.bin,536386
    12:06:20.532 [system.io] [info] open: found data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt.strings.bin (from: packs/localized.pack)
    12:06:20.532 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt.strings.bin,,,536386
    12:06:20.542 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/text/prebattle_speeches_subtitles.txt.strings.bin,,,-536386
    12:06:20.542 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0F6D1D40,,not found
    12:06:20.542 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/text/battle_event_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    12:06:20.542 [system.io] [trace] file open,,067CF0B8,,not found
    12:06:20.542 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/battle_event_subtitles_lookup.txt,61192
    12:06:20.542 [system.io] [info] open: found data/battle_event_subtitles_lookup.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    12:06:20.562 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/battle_event_subtitles_lookup.txt,,,-61192
    12:06:20.563 [system.io] [trace] file open,,23015620,349540
    12:06:20.563 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/text/battle_event_subtitles.txt (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.784 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1B09BD10,,not found
    12:06:20.784 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    12:06:20.784 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1226DE08,,not found
    12:06:20.784 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/historic_battles_subtitles_lookup.txt,,not found
    12:06:20.784 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/historic_battles_subtitles_lookup.txt,2408
    12:06:20.784 [system.io] [info] open: found data/historic_battles_subtitles_lookup.txt (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    12:06:20.798 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/historic_battles_subtitles_lookup.txt,,,-2408
    12:06:20.798 [system.io] [trace] file open,,23015620,,not found
    12:06:20.798 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt is missing
    12:06:20.798 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1BAA13C8,,not found
    12:06:20.798 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt.strings.bin,38244
    12:06:20.798 [system.io] [info] open: found data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt.strings.bin (from: packs/localized.pack)
    12:06:20.798 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt.strings.bin,,,38244
    12:06:20.810 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt.strings.bin,,,-38244
    12:06:20.811 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/OverlayTextures/variations/middle_eastern/character_overlay_base.texture
    12:06:20.811 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/OverlayTextures/variations/middle_eastern/character_overlay_base.texture
    12:06:20.811 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/OverlayTextures/character_overlay_base.texture
    12:06:20.811 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/OverlayTextures/character_overlay_base.texture
    12:06:20.811 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/Giant_Slayers_lod0.mesh (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.811 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/Giant_Slayers_lod0.mesh,189349
    12:06:20.811 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/Giant_Slayers_lod0.mesh (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.842 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/variations/middle_eastern/GiantSlayers.texture
    12:06:20.842 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/variations/middle_eastern/GiantSlayers.texture
    12:06:20.843 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/GiantSlayers.texture
    12:06:20.843 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/GiantSlayers.texture
    12:06:20.843 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Slayers_normal.texture
    12:06:20.843 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/variations/middle_eastern/Slayers_normal.texture
    12:06:20.843 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/Slayers_normal.texture (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.843 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/Slayers_normal.texture (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.843 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/variations/middle_eastern/Att_Longbeards_warriors_diff.texture
    12:06:20.844 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/variations/middle_eastern/Att_Longbeards_warriors_diff.texture
    12:06:20.844 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_diff.texture (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.844 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_diff.texture (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.844 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/variations/middle_eastern/Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture
    12:06:20.844 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/variations/middle_eastern/Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture
    12:06:20.844 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.844 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.845 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_diff.texture (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.845 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_diff.texture,699240
    12:06:20.845 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_diff.texture (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.872 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.872 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture,1398304
    12:06:20.872 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.884 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/GiantSlayers.texture
    12:06:20.884 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/GiantSlayers.texture,,not found
    12:06:20.884 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/GiantSlayers.texture,,not found
    12:06:20.884 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/GiantSlayers.texture is missing
    12:06:20.885 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/Slayers_normal.texture (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.885 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/Slayers_normal.texture,1398304
    12:06:20.885 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/Slayers_normal.texture (from: d:\spel\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war)
    12:06:20.951 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/GiantSlayers.texture__unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/variations/middle_eastern/Att_Longbeards_warriors_diff.texture
    12:06:20.951 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/GiantSlayers.texture__unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/variations/middle_eastern/Att_Longbeards_warriors_diff.texture
    12:06:20.951 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/GiantSlayers.texture__unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_diff.texture
    12:06:20.951 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/GiantSlayers.texture__unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_diff.texture
    12:06:20.951 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/Slayers_normal.texture__unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/variations/middle_eastern/Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture
    12:06:20.952 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/Slayers_normal.texture__unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/variations/middle_eastern/Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture
    12:06:20.952 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/Slayers_normal.texture__unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture
    12:06:20.952 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/Slayers/textures/Slayers_normal.texture__unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture
    12:06:21.340 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. The game will now exit.

Blog Entries

There is a possibility that this file is missing or faulty:

mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture

Just to make sure it isn't a thing with the virtual store, go through this tutorial - start at step 3: How To Fix UAC and VirtualStore Problems
    Don't forget to delete the folder in the virtual store, then restart your computer.

To attach big text files, simply compress them. Then go into 'Go Advanced' and use 'Manage Attachments' to attach them.

I can see the file "Att_Longbeards_warriors_norm.texture" (size: 1 398 304 bytes, on disk:1 400 832 bytes) in "mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/unit_models/_Units/warhammer/Dwarf/model/AttachmentSets/".
    I also see a _diff instead of _norm version of the file and a version 4 and 5 (example: Att_Longbeards_warriors4_norm) of each file but no 3 and 4.
    I'm not sure this is a problem, maybe the first file is simply corrupt, I will re-download the mod and try again when I get home.

I never had UAC enabled so my virtualStore folder was empty.
    Last edited by Taxen0; September 07, 2011 at 01:15 AM.

Blog Entries

'norm' is the blue looking normal map that gives special effects
    'diff' is the color texture, 'norm' is made from it - both are a pair that belong together, see the modeldb entries for this.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

I noticed when I installed this mod that sometimes when I click to do a custom battle or start a new campaign, I have a CTD. However this does not happen every time and so far this is the only bug I have encountered...I would say it happens anywhere from 30-50 percent of the time that I have clicked on those 2 buttons. Not a huge deal but I wonder if anyone else has had this issue...Rest of the game is still fine!

to those who want separate download for things but sorry but uploading everything separately is definitely a no, if you want to separately install things to your version then you must figure out which file goes where, I'll help you out as much as i can remember of what was where.

and @vice, i though those bugs were always there in the menu, even after Gigantus's installation there were still some bugs concerning the rebels when ending a turn and clicking the buttons in the menu. but i never had a chance between 50% lol, maybe 20% or less ^^

edit: the install link works fine i dont understand why people say it doesnt work...
    Last edited by Toho; September 07, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Hmmm...I never encountered those bugs with Gig's Install...not any that I can remember at least...Regardless like I said...not a huge deal

I just tried install a fresh copy of this mod, but I get the same error as before.
    I tried a quick battle and got highelves, witch worked. but when starting a custom battle with dwarves i crash.

Well i installed it on a clean version of gigs easy instally thing =3 and i get a crash to the desktop straight away the moment its even on the call of warhammer mods first loading screen. every time.