Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

yooz uh gurl? Dayughm!!!

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

A breakthrough concerning mammoth size. Looking in the descr_skeleton the CoW team have already included a scaled up elephant animation (1.5 scale). The current unused elephant in custom battles is still using the standard 1.0 scale. Tested in game and the new scaled up animation works..
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What I'm probably going to do is completely rebuild the mammoth body and test small changes in game to see how far I can mold the body without ruining the animation. Then just merge the howdah in and work on finishing.

Also going to need to learn how to UV map using 3ds max, which I do have, just don't know how to use it. The mammoth is going to need a new uv map for the texture to look acceptable. Milkshape isn't good for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Galloper View Post
    Btw who will ride this beast(shooters) and how many will they be?
    Marauders I guess. I haven't read or even know where the rules are for chaos mammoths (anyone know?), but I'm pretty sure those are chaos marauders on the howdah and a chaos champion/exalted hero/lord sat on the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by boatie View Post
    Damn you Reiksfart!

Pick a game on steam that you like and pm me your steam name. I will give it to you as a present. Thank you for all the work you do to add to this mod and merry xmas!
    That's a very kind offer, thank you Boatie. Really no need though, this is one of my hobbies, something I really enjoy doing. I rarely play other games anyway. Merry Christmas to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by machotacoman View Post
    yooz uh gurl? Dayughm!!!
    No, but my wife is. Filipina's rock. So does the Philippines, been living here almost 5 years now. It's why I have so much time for modding.

Great news. Now you can make real chaos mammoth
    I remember when I played TATW there was a bug with mumakills(who also used scaled elephant animation I presume) when they die enemy units gets stucked in their body and continuing fighting with them.
    Can you check this issue in custom battle?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Marauders I guess. I haven't read or even know where the rules are for chaos mammoths (anyone know?), but I'm pretty sure those are chaos marauders on the howdah and a chaos champion/exalted hero/lord sat on the throne.
    I never read rules for them neither.
    Here's a pic from Forgeworld. You probably have seen it but Im posting just in case:

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    A breakthrough concerning mammoth size. Looking in the descr_skeleton the CoW team have already included a scaled up elephant animation (1.5 scale). The current unused elephant in custom battles is still using the standard 1.0 scale. Tested in game and the new scaled up animation works..

Also going to need to learn how to UV map using 3ds max, which I do have, just don't know how to use it. The mammoth is going to need a new uv map for the texture to look acceptable. Milkshape isn't good for that.
    Man, that's awesome news. +1 for your work once I can.

By the way, I would suggest trying LithUnWrap for Uv-mapping. I found it to be pretty damn good for it, only thing is that comments and bone assignments will be lost during the uv-mapping, and needs to be done again. But other wise it's great, and if I remember right, it's free too