Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I have the sundering mod cause Im a beta tester but since I cant share the material you can try using the hyppogriph from the dragonborn mod just for testing purposes. That hyppogriph is based on the same animation used by the sundering manticores and gryphons, I think. Also there is the pegasus model released by bluthand if anybody still has that file.
    I have sundering too from when I worked on the mod. Their EDU is based on a much earlier version of my work(about 14 major revisions ago and no radius/height additions). Plus they changed and added what they wanted, some of which I didn't agree with, but was their mod. I stopped updating it to focus on what was important to me and what I could fully control...my submod.

I tried to add in the manticore to CoW last night so I could test that anim, but it causes a crash when the cursor hovers over the manticore in the custom battle selection screen.Thanks for the upload of the pegasus, I will add it in later. If that works, that is an instant additional unit for the Brettonian scripted reinforcements in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra123 View Post
    Reiksfart, havent posted here yet, but keep up the good work and i have been watching this thread very eagerly, my own basic edu modifications are ntohing to what your doing here.

good luck!
    Thanks for the support.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Okay, I uploaded bluthand's file here. All credit goes to bluthand for this material. I only uploaded cause his link expired. It contains the pegasus animation plus a model and texture for a pegasus mount. Use the model to test the currently animation in cow. Just remember that in cow the animation is written fs_pegassus and not fs_pegasus.
    Thanks for the link to the resource paradamed!
    Hope Reiksfart finds it useful to include some fantasy units. I will try it myself as well to see what can I come out with.

Thanks for the upload of the pegasus, I will add it in later. If that works, that is an instant additional unit for the Brettonian scripted reinforcements in the campaign.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEHA!!!
    Last edited by Bucle_CT; March 14, 2012 at 03:04 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    I have sundering too from when I worked on the mod. Their EDU is based on a much earlier version of my work(about 14 major revisions ago and no radius/height additions). Plus they changed and added what they wanted, some of which I didn't agree with, but was their mod. I stopped updating it to focus on what was important to me and what I could fully control...my submod.

I tried to add in the manticore to CoW last night so I could test that anim, but it causes a crash when the cursor hovers over the manticore in the custom battle selection screen.Thanks for the upload of the pegasus, I will add it in later. If that works, that is an instant additional unit for the Brettonian scripted reinforcements in the campaign.
    Thanks for the support.
    Weird, I added the manticore just fine with no crashes. But, as I said there was a visual glitch, some kind of a "pole" when the unit was flying connecting it to the ground and the wings would look weird too. Did you remember to use the correct animation (fs_pegassus) in the models file? Did you add the mount to descr_mount? I will add the pegasus and post screenshots here since I cant post screenies of units from the sundering mod yet.
    Last edited by paradamed; March 14, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

Yes, I did forget the animation name was changed

Looking at the original manticore .db entry, I think they are set to a scale of 1.2, which would be a cause of the animation being messed up. Only way to fix that is to shrink the manticore by .2 or scale up the animation in descr_skeleton, which would then need a repack of the animation folder. Something we're not able to do yet, but hopefully soon.

I haven't looked at it yet, but the pegasus model should work properly if it is the correct scale.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

And remember the animation in the cow animation pack is referred as fs_pegassus with double "s" and not fs_pegasus as in the sundering animation pack. Oops, I just repeated what you replied, hehe. I was distracted.

Look at you two, talking about manticores, pegasus and so...I think I'm gonna drop a tear or two when I see 1st screenie of these , not to mention when I can play with'em

You might be disappointed...

If I can get them to work it will be personal use only. I'll be adding a lot of the sundering models and textures, but can't release publicly. I doubt permission would be given to release for CoW either.

Pegasus, yes if we can get them to work.

You might be disappointed...

If I can get them to work it will be personal use only. I'll be adding a lot of the sundering models and textures, but can't release publicly. I doubt permission would be given to release for CoW either.

Pegasus, yes if we can get them to work.
    Sure, I'm planning to do the same when sundering mod is released, their models are just amazing. I only hope I get some help if needed when the moment comes

IIRC, you said you got the war hydra working, I that for your persannal use as well? If so, where did you get the model?

Yes, I have the war hydra in game but still needs some balancing work. One of those units which no formula works with.

Not personal use, it will be released. The model was released a long while ago as part of the Dark Elf Enhanced mod by TWMadman. He was given the model by some guy who's name escapes me right now. Anyway, I have permission from TWMadman to use whatever I want and re-release parts from his High and Dark Elf Enhanced mods.

The model is functional...that's about it. I would have posted a pic, but haven't managed to take any I like.

Anakonda's Amazon's now have their special ability.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Only 2 shots (in EDU, for some reason it allows 3 in game) to stop them being overpowered.

Nice <3 dude when the sub-mod will be relased ?.
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Some of the new sky textures.

Last edited by Reiksfart; March 19, 2012 at 07:37 PM.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

Yes, I have the war hydra in game but still needs some balancing work. One of those units which no formula works with.

Not personal use, it will be released. The model was released a long while ago as part of the Dark Elf Enhanced mod by TWMadman. He was given the model by some guy who's name escapes me right now. Anyway, I have permission from TWMadman to use whatever I want and re-release parts from his High and Dark Elf Enhanced mods.

The model is functional...that's about it. I would have posted a pic, but haven't managed to take any I like.
    Feiner was the guy who was doing daemon prince mod and than planned on developing "last war" but it never came about.he also made the hydra from my understanding.

He is busy making funny videos about crashing UFO's on planets (seriously). I told him he has too much time on his hands and needs to come back and help finish last war.

I am hoping he comes back into the mod is one way or another, as he was a master at creating new units. He even had the dwarven gyrocopter.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

That's the name. He didn't actually build the hydra himself, but he did add it to CoW and create the animation.

So he hasn't just disappeared. Posts all these pics of his work, gets people interested then just forgets about it and does other things.

More new skies. Every sky for every time of day and weather pattern will be replaced.

smexy

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

There is only one way to describe this picture:

It is the day the Sun farted...

SHaDoWxCrUsAd3r's Avatar Civis

Good stuff, those textures look awesome.

You torture me with these.

I really need to keep working on what is important...

Keep getting sidetracked.

I don't know where the '1.04' in the top right is to be able to change it. Seems the CoW devs have forgotten too.