Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

Cool!

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

How many pike units will have the halberd secondary? I remember you mentioning you were going to include it.

I added 450 attack delay on mine to balance the animation. But they work excellent after that.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Where can i download this mod?

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Champion View Post
    How many pike units will have the halberd secondary? I remember you mentioning you were going to include it.

I added 450 attack delay on mine to balance the animation. But they work excellent after that.
    Probably just the one, and I will be adding that halberd equipped Republican guard unit as a generic Tilean mercenary pike unit with a few extra model changes, so the real Republican Guard are armed as they are supposed to be.

I haven't noticed much difference, if any at all, with increasing attack delays in the EDU. I did code in a system though, just for completeness. I'll run some more tests later with higher numbers. I didn't go quite as high as 450.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane3ob View Post
    Where can i download this mod?
    Nothing to download yet, it is not finished.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

it took quite a bit to finally see a difference and I was of the opinion that attack delay doesnt work at all, but sure enough it does. You have to think bigger numbers though.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Savage Orc Big'uns

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Looking better day after day, keep it up!

One question (hope it's not repeated): Do you plan to put some riders on that chaos mamoth, e.g. mumakil style (third age)? I think some barbarians throwing things from a castle in the back of the mamoth would make a delightful view .....or maybe some chaos sorcerers throwing magic spells

I need to finish the mammoth first... A lot to do still and to be honest it might not make the first release of the campaign. Once a release is out I can then concentrate on the parts which take much longer to build, such as a few of the models I started like chaos mammoth and daemon prince of nurgle. But yes, it will have riders. I haven't seen the rules for them but I think they are just that, riders, who can't attack. Any ranged attacks might make the mammoth stand off rather than charge into combat, which is what it will excel at.

I'm still doing a little modelling at the moment, but they are easy and quick, like the re-sized savage orcs- wasn't much more to it than that other than a lot of adjusting the weapon so it didn't appear to be held inside their heads. Currently adding in some of the standard bearers I made months ago. Coding is what is important now though, and the mods battle tester is waiting patiently for the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Probably just the one, and I will be adding that halberd equipped Republican guard unit as a generic Tilean mercenary pike unit with a few extra model changes, so the real Republican Guard are armed as they are supposed to be.

I haven't noticed much difference, if any at all, with increasing attack delays in the EDU. I did code in a system though, just for completeness. I'll run some more tests later with higher numbers. I didn't go quite as high as 450.

Nothing to download yet, it is not finished.
    Oh well i can wait.

My long term project of adding more detailed unit cards for every unit in the game. I was looking at a very old submod earlier which made the mistake of being difficult to see what was what at a glance. So some of mine will have to compromise between closeup detail and being useful.

Only about 450 more to go.... I'll get it done eventually.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    I really need to keep working on what is important...

Keep getting sidetracked.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I don't know where the '1.04' in the top right is to be able to change it. Seems the CoW devs have forgotten too.
    Fantastic new menu, Reiksfart! I love it!

As for the 1.04 in the corner, that is the version of Kingdoms you have, not the version of the mod.

Are you sure you are going to add the flesh hounds? I mean, they are associated with crashes no doubt about that, and there is nothing more important in a game than stability. I dont want my battles ruined by a repeatable crash.

Hmm in this mod do you improve the scripted spawned krom and archaon armies (adding trolls, giants, deamons instead of lame maruders and axe throwers) ?

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Are you sure you are going to add the flesh hounds? I mean, they are associated with crashes no doubt about that, and there is nothing more important in a game than stability. I dont want my battles ruined by a repeatable crash.
    I get no crashes so they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_thief View Post
    Hmm in this mod do you improve the scripted spawned krom and archaon armies (adding trolls, giants, deamons instead of lame maruders and axe throwers) ?
    This campaign will be far more difficult because it is balanced around tabletop performance levels, so even marauders are not lame. They are every bit as good or better than Empire State troops. I will spend quite some time on coding new armies in the script so that there are very few repeat armies and all interesting to fight.

Marauder axe throwers have been axed though. Lame unit from mark of chaos which I never liked and chaos are not supposed to have. If I can find a new use for the model as another unit with different weapons I will use it for that.

They do cause crashes. A lot of people reported crashes when they were in a battle which were confirmed by the team and so they were removed form the official CoW. The crashes generally occur in night battles and when you zoom in closer. It is your submod, your call but they do cause crashes.

Like I said, they don't cause crashes for me. That is with testing in night battles and zooming in and out and double clicking icon so it zooms in on them fast.

great work mate!

is it compatible with galloper voice mod?

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Harder than cow (with all the elite units in random spawn armies)? Without my mages i would never get out the chaos wastes xD

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    great work mate!

is it compatible with galloper voice mod?
    Most certainly is. Only compatible with it. I won't be messing about making another version for those who won't download Gigantus' version.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_thief View Post
    Harder than cow (with all the elite units in random spawn armies)? Without my mages i would never get out the chaos wastes xD
    The way I see it, there is frustrating hard / silly inflated difficulty, where units such as ogres and trolls and mages can kill half or an entire army on their own. Then there is hard where even a normal army without additional monsters or mages can be a challenge.

This submod will play nothing like original CoW. Challenging, but in a good way.

Ok sounds great, last question will it work with no problems on Gigantus painfree game version?