Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

Hey THP Ive downloaded the pack you sent me but I couldnt have the engine to rebuild them. Ive deleted the animations folder from both vanilla and RotDG folder but it wouldnt rebuild. Did you use any specific program to unpack them?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Aye, that I do.

I'll send it to you and Reiksfart ASAP

EDIT: Pm's sent
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; April 16, 2012 at 05:57 PM.

paramed, also you should have added a string in cfg - no_animdb = true, have you done that?

Citizen

That shouldn't be necessary with the files I sent you guys.

Senator

is this the same packer/unpacker you sent me from a while back THP?

Citizen

I may be, but I don't quite remember.

If it works, then yes

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Exalted Hero of Khorne and unique bodyguard.

Valkia the Bloody with unique bodyguard, all equipped in a similar fashion to her. Credit to Kahvipannu for Valkia model.

Nuln Ironsides. Full credit goes to Saladin.

Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard equipped with Fireglaives. Full credit goes to Saladin.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

Reiksfart, please do tell me that those things will be in the next version you'll send me for testing.

Yes, already added to the test folder. Just need to code the new units, valkia bodyguard plus a few others. You'll have to wait until tomorrow though, sorry.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

All new content looks great Reik, And it's nice to see new content from you Saladin too. Can you say anything about release? If I understood right, your EDU is almost done, what you still have in "to-do" list before first release?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice unit. Let me just observe that the Nuln unit and the chaos dwarf unit have too saturated colours. Maybe you could tone it down and use smoother colours.

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    All new content looks great Reik, And it's nice to see new content from you Saladin too. Can you say anything about release? If I understood right, your EDU is almost done, what you still have in "to-do" list before first release?

From what I understand, he still has extensive campaign balencing to do, as many Empire units will be greatly weakened, meaning that the Empire factions might get steam rolled by Chaos and the Green Skins, making some factions simply unplayable.

Though of course I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlood View Post
    From what I understand, he still has extensive campaign balencing to do, as many Empire units will be greatly weakened, meaning that the Empire factions might get steam rolled by Chaos and the Green Skins, making some factions simply unplayable.

I think the imperials are still better because they have upgrade.

Amazing pic there, but Saladin's choice really need to be toned to down darker so they fit other model in general.

I could be wrong but Reiksfart said something about allowing every unit to be upgraded for balance? (that might not mean all units to 3 available armour upgrades) Essentially allowing better scaling into the campaign, where the player (especially Empire) troops benefit so much from experience and armour/weapon upgrades, as it is in CoW vanilla.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlood View Post

Indeed you are wrong

Reiksfart is only implementing tabletop rules as closely as possible. That means: sorry, Empire Halberds (now numbering 250 men) will get absolutely cut down by the 120 Chaos Warriors charging your way. No more steamrolling stack after stack with pure state troop armies. Now you need your elites, your cavalry, your artillery.

Of course the campaign balancing hasn't started yet. I don't know if Reiksfart will give the finished EDU as a public beta or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    I can't say yet. I don't even have anything much done on the campaign. Once I can focus on that it won't be long before I have something to send out to the campaign testers, but there will be a lot to add in and test before anything goes public. Yes, EDU is almost done.

I had no idea Saladin made: luther huss, warrior priests, horned hunters, knights encarmine, sons of manann, theodoric gausser. He was credited as a modeller, but I think it's always nice to be credited with exactly what you have done, especially if you are not a part of the team and only contributing. He will be with this submod, very clearly on the first page when I release. I know how that feels to not even be given any credit for something you spent time on. I won't be helping other projects again.

More to come from Saladin too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Tullius Cicero View Post
    I could be wrong but Reiksfart said something about allowing every unit to be upgraded for balance? (that might not mean all units to 3 available armour upgrades) Essentially allowing better scaling into the campaign, where the player (especially Empire) troops benefit so much from experience and armour/weapon upgrades, as it is in CoW vanilla.
    Yes, it's pointless working on balancing if that balance is going to be changed with just a few easy upgrades. Everything will be able to upgrade weapons and all three armour, even unarmoured units. Has to be that way.

What I need to find out or change is the maximum upgrade levels possible with newly recruited troops so I can base the mid-late game scripted invasions around those levels. Throw in a few better experienced armies here and there for special named characters such as Archaon. A lot of thought is going to have to go into the campaign balancing.

I am up to testing the EDU. PM it to me.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I am finally back home.

Citizen

Welcome back, boatie!

Senator

working on toning down the coloring for infernal guard and ironsides. also let me remember to give credits for the stuff i used to make the units: Narf's Plate Armor OSP, Dejawolf's medieval helmet osp.

Looks awesome!