Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

Great!

Amazing work on those nurgles followers, the chaos is strong in them!!

Just asking, since you are making all according to tabletop, you will make units like chaos warriors with double weapon and make chaos knights to have lances?

Once again, amazing work Reiksfart! I love the new standards. They add a lot of individuality.
    Last edited by Shi Huangdi; April 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Wow, I was already looking forward to this but now seeing this stuff its hard to be patient.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Wow, I was already looking forward to this but now seeing this stuff its hard to be patient.
    Hard to be patient? You don't know the meaning of those words.
    I've played the Diablo III open beta last weekend and there are still 16 days until DIII goes live!
    This is what it's like "hard to be patient" feels

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Karion View Post
    Amazing work on those nurgles followers, the chaos is strong in them!!

Just asking, since you are making all according to tabletop, you will make units like chaos warriors with double weapon and make chaos knights to have lances?
    I haven't used every weapon option available in the (7th edition) Warriors of Chaos army book. Just stuck with what was already in game for the Chaos Warriors, which is hand weapon and shield and halberd. That would be an extra five slots used in the EDU, one for each chaos faction, and is fast running out of room for new units. So at the moment the answer is no to two hand weapon wielding regular chaos warriors, but would not be a lot of work to add in at a later stage.

In 7th edition, Chaos Knights use an ensorcelled blade, which is replaced by a regular hand weapon if they choose the lance option. I've kept the ensorcelled blades so they are better in combat and still strong in the charge, just not as strong as with a lance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrak View Post
    Hard to be patient? You don't know the meaning of those words.
    I've played the Diablo III open beta last weekend and there are still 16 days until DIII goes live!
    This is what it's like "hard to be patient" feels
    I'd better hurry up and finish the EDU then. Both the wife and I intend playing that together, but until we move areas later this year I am stuck with the worlds worst internet.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Hanging corpses on poles, the warhammer way. I like it!

I've never gotten into Diablo. Baldur's Gate and the Witcher have been the highpoints of RPG for me. Gothics were fun but a bit buggy while Dragon Age and Mass Effect are really fun the first time through but not much replay value for me. I enjoy a bit more action these days since my play time is limited. I used to play some of Paradox's strategy games, Oblivion, and M&B but all those games take so long to complete I find myself focusing on SC2, MTW2, Shogun2, and some Quake mods since I can be in and out in under 1 hour and actually have something accomplished. I still haven't finished Dragon Age though probably my fault as I started 2 characters and am nearly done with Oblivion but I'm an entire game cycle behind and I doubt that will change any time soon. The main consolation is it takes me so long these days I can get the bargain prices. The other problem is modding takes up 1/2 my free time right now.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    I'd better hurry up and finish the EDU then. Both the wife and I intend playing that together, but until we move areas later this year I am stuck with the worlds worst internet.
    Don't hurry. I'll gladly have a break from killing demons from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    I've never gotten into Diablo. Baldur's Gate and the Witcher have been the highpoints of RPG for me. Gothics were fun but a bit buggy while Dragon Age and Mass Effect are really fun the first time through but not much replay value for me. I enjoy a bit more action these days since my play time is limited. I used to play some of Paradox's strategy games, Oblivion, and M&B but all those games take so long to complete I find myself focusing on SC2, MTW2, Shogun2, and some Quake mods since I can be in and out in under 1 hour and actually have something accomplished. I still haven't finished Dragon Age though probably my fault as I started 2 characters and am nearly done with Oblivion but I'm an entire game cycle behind and I doubt that will change any time soon. The main consolation is it takes me so long these days I can get the bargain prices. The other problem is modding takes up 1/2 my free time right now.
    I never liked calling Diablo an RPG. It's not an RPG. In an hack'n'slash where you level up a character. But it is one of the most addicting games I've ever played.

Baldur's Gate was just... plain awesomeness. Have you heard about this: http://www.baldursgate.com/news/language/en/?? This is one of those things that can stop me from playing Diablo.

And when speaking of RPG, you can't forget about Planescape: Torment. Greatest story ever, even better than the story of the Bhaalspawn.

Never got into Gothics or Elder Scrolls or Mass Effect. But Dragon Age I was great, I finished it 4 times. DAII was a dissapointment though.

About the strategy games, Shogun II was great, but I never had the commitment to finish any campaign after the first one. Same with Starcraft II - the campaign was fine, multiplayer was awesome, but it lacks something. I'm anxious to see the Heart of the Swarm expansion.

I haven't used every weapon option available in the (7th edition) Warriors of Chaos army book. Just stuck with what was already in game for the Chaos Warriors, which is hand weapon and shield and halberd. That would be an extra five slots used in the EDU, one for each chaos faction, and is fast running out of room for new units. So at the moment the answer is no to two hand weapon wielding regular chaos warriors, but would not be a lot of work to add in at a later stage.

In 7th edition, Chaos Knights use an ensorcelled blade, which is replaced by a regular hand weapon if they choose the lance option. I've kept the ensorcelled blades so they are better in combat and still strong in the charge, just not as strong as with a lance.
    Sorry but i totally forget the units slots are full (mostly of mercenaries), and about the chaos knights i didn't know that , thanks for the answers.

Baldur's Gate is one of my all time favourites. I still remember the morning Baldur's Gate II arrived in the post, just before I was leaving for work. I called work and took one of my owed days off and played it non-stop from friday to sunday night with only a little sleep. They don't make games like that anymore, Bioware have gone downhill since they got into the console market. Although I did enjoy Dragon Age I and played that to the end twice. I stopped playing DA II after an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Karion View Post
    Sorry but i totally forget the units slots are full (mostly of mercenaries), and about the chaos knights i didn't know that , thanks for the answers.
    The EDU isn't full yet and there are plenty of units which can be removed which many people would not even notice if they were gone. It's not going to be full until they add in full Bretonnia, Wood Elves, Skaven, Norse factions etc in version 2.0. I doubt I'll be modding or even playing that because it won't be scripted like the Storm of Chaos campaign. Apparently.

It's not going to be full until they add in full Bretonnia, Wood Elves, Skaven, Norse factions etc in version 2.0. I doubt I'll be modding or even playing that because it won't be scripted like the Storm of Chaos campaign. Apparently.
    If that's true then they should keep Storm of Chaos as an alternative campaign in 2.0, and add all the new factions into a sandbox campaign, if that is possible. It would be a shame to throw away all that scripting. Despite the bugs it really is what makes the mod awesome.

I don't know much about scripting but couldn't they just add in all the new lands and leave Storm of Chaos as it is, so it only affects the top right corner of the map? I have seen the map they are working on at EmpireTW.ru and they are simply extending the current map to the west and south, not making a whole new one (as far as I can tell).
    Last edited by Shi Huangdi; April 29, 2012 at 05:58 PM.

As far i can read with google translate, they plan to stabilize the script, so my guess is they plan:

- A expanded storm of chaos
    Or
    - Scripted orks waaaaghs/ chaos raids/ dark elves incursions post SoC.

There will be a 1.5.1 patch to stabilize the script and hopefully add in some of the new models. Some of my work will be in too, if I release first, but without the script fixes that won't happen.

Isilendil said the other day in either one of the locked topics or the deleted one, 2.0 will be more vanilla gameplay. I do hope they change their minds, and probably will after playing it and getting bored after a week (or 3 hours for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrak View Post
    I never liked calling Diablo an RPG. It's not an RPG. In an hack'n'slash where you level up a character. But it is one of the most addicting games I've ever played.

Baldur's Gate was just... plain awesomeness. Have you heard about this: http://www.baldursgate.com/news/language/en/?? This is one of those things that can stop me from playing Diablo.

And when speaking of RPG, you can't forget about Planescape: Torment. Greatest story ever, even better than the story of the Bhaalspawn.

Never got into Gothics or Elder Scrolls or Mass Effect. But Dragon Age I was great, I finished it 4 times. DAII was a dissapointment though.

About the strategy games, Shogun II was great, but I never had the commitment to finish any campaign after the first one. Same with Starcraft II - the campaign was fine, multiplayer was awesome, but it lacks something. I'm anxious to see the Heart of the Swarm expansion.
    Ok, I am not sure what to call Diablo but I never got into it. Actually I never played Planescape Torment until a couple months ago. So many people compared it to Baldurs Gate and I saw it was released so I downloaded it and so far its great. It does feel a bit dated graphics wise but the story and battles take me back to playing Baldurs Gate all night when I borrowed it from a friend.

DA felt too script for me and not enough hidden areas. Leveled enemies in Elder Scrolls and any game also really annoy me. There should be some dangerous areas that will kill you nearly instantly if you aren't prepared. Then taking different parties in with different skill and kit mix makes huge replayability. Baldurs Gate II with the liches and dragons not in the main quest was awesome. I remember the first time wandered into the liches chamber and thena playthru just so could fight in the chamber of secrets solo. Weimar mod did alot to extend replayability of BG as well with vampires etc added. I never played SC campaign, for me its only multiplayer. I've been like that since AoE2 where when the game comes out I play multi for a couple months until the best builds etc are known then wait for the expansion and do it again. Nothing like first time playing against a new faction having totally no idea what to expect.

Well TW is mostly about the battles and while Shogun 2 made huge strides in campaign and economy the battles felt incomplete most of the time.

It seemed to me that RofDG was going to expand Storm of Chaos. More greenskins into Bretonnia and dark elves etc making the oceans more of a battle ground but I guess we won't know for sure until just before release if then.

Some of the re-released games for Android and iOS are nice. Been playing Heroes of Might and Magic 2 again on my phone and saw someone is working on Masters of Orion for Android which to me is the perfect type of mobile game.
    Last edited by Ichon; April 29, 2012 at 07:49 PM.

Rieksfart,

I wonder if it is worth talking to these guys for development of a script for your mod. They seem to have a different philosophy for creating the CAI than COW team. It's a different perspective.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=637

As for 2.0, based on my impression of 1.5 scripting:
    1. Other than save corruption, its looks solid.
    2. There is more variety but the campaign is easier than 1.4.4 (just for that I wonder what a copy/paste 1.4.4, with updated armies, would result in).
    3. Same issue as in past version, elites need that little extra to feel like an elite.
    4. Given that 2.0 will include a new map, I can see that they have to make a decision about scripting. If they were to adapt the 1.5 script to 2.0, they would have to replot all of the coordinates for everything, every city, every spawn army, every event announcement. That would be a huge amount of work. Maybe they need to look and/or team up with the guys above.
    Last edited by boatie; May 02, 2012 at 06:21 PM.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Isilendil said the other day in either one of the locked topics or the deleted one, 2.0 will be more vanilla gameplay. I do hope they change their minds, and probably will after playing it and getting bored after a week (or 3 hours for me).
    1) Wу havent any information about Yeomen so and 2.0 too
    2) There will be custom campaign(in addition) without heavy scripting
    3) We are working on 1.5.X.....
    Last edited by Werebear; May 02, 2012 at 11:22 PM.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Werebear View Post
    1) Wу havent any information about Yeomen so and 2.0 too
    2) There will be custom campaign(in addition) without heavy scripting
    3) We are working on 1.5.X.....
    I sure do hope Yeoman comes back. So there is no possibility adding Yeoman's Wood-Elf units, or expanded map before he comes back?

Also it is good idea to add the custom campaign, since some people don't like the heavy scripts. More options is always good.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    I sure do hope Yeoman comes back. So there is no possibility adding Yeoman's Wood-Elf units, or expanded map before he comes back?
    yes

Hype