Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829303132333435363752 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

Quote Originally Posted by machotacoman View Post
    Oh I'z can do dat in me sleep. *cracks knuckles*......... mooom, what's the number for 911?
    Thanks for the offer. What I will do is get everything prepared, removing entries from the descr_buildings which are no longer used then review the spreadsheet for unit build and refresh times etc (based on TT points values and whether they are core, special or rare choices), then send you the necessary files.

If the next battle test version is ready before then I'll just send you the link plus the spreadsheet (or pic of it if you don't have MS excel). Current released one is flawed with some experimental stuff which didn't work as well as hoped, plus new one has been updated from the feedback received.

The_Historian's Avatar Foederatus

Just thought I'd drop in and say: I most definitely eagerly and patiently waiting for you to release this...this...magnificent sub-mod of yours. And thus, consider yourself stalked

Oh and if you ever need help with unit descriptions or any other form of literature, feel free to ask. I'm always up for a write

Best of luck to you!
    Aspiring Writer

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=548621
    ^Whispers of Temptation.
    Written by yours truly

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

What's the progress, my dear Reiksfart? Any info or ETA on the next testing-release?

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrak View Post
    What's the progress, my dear Reiksfart? Any info or ETA on the next testing-release?
    If it wasn't for playing warhammer online, working on new models from there and preparing dozens of others it would have been ready by now I think. Plus now Isilendil has given me the original unpacked CoW animations, so I'm currently re-sizing all the giants. Possibilities will be endless now I have those.

All I can say is I will get it done soonish.

Could anyone with TATW possibly upload the spider models for me? I'm not using them, I need to use the models as a reference for sizing and bone rigging another spider.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Just a suggestion. Hyrule TW has spiders too which have nice animations. Undying Nephalin is a very kind modder and already offered his scorpion animation to the Tomb Kings submod. Maybe you could ask him and start working on his model as a base for your spiders. He also have coded riders which can help you if you want to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Could anyone with TATW possibly upload the spider models for me? I'm not using them, I need to use the models as a reference for sizing and bone rigging another spider.
    Are these the spider models?

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Just a suggestion. Hyrule TW has spiders too which have nice animations. Undying Nephalin is a very kind modder and already offered his scorpion animation to the Tomb Kings submod. Maybe you could ask him and start working on his model as a base for your spiders. He also have coded riders which can help you if you want to do the same.
    Thanks. There is already an unused spider animation in CoW, which I am assuming is from TATW. I already have a spider model from WAR, but without a rigged model to use as reference it is very difficult to rig properly, for me anyway. Hopefully I can get this done so those forest goblins are worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by machotacoman View Post
    Are these the spider models?
    Thanks once again.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

I had an idea about a pike unit.

We use the triumpalists heavy model. The one with the two handed weapon who has the spartan looking helmet. We give that model the pike and halberd.

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Vette's Avatar Civis

First I wanna say that this mod looks very promising and all the screens you posted are just amazing cant wait to try it (hope it will be soon).
    I like the fact you will be useing tabletop to determine unit stats, this way it will be very lore friendly and hopefully balanced.Yesterday I was playing a bit with tabletop stats and units in game, mostly for fun involving elite units.
    Results were a bit odd for example Bloodletters and DE Executioners:
    table
    MWSBSSTWIALdBloodletters550531417

MWSBSSTWIALdExecutioner554431518
    game
    Bloodletters att25 cha17 ar10 special area,launching cost 8k upk 1k unit 85
    Executioner att13 cha8 ar19 special ap cost 2.5k upk 0.5k unit 125

I mod them using tabletop(using my personal feal on how to do it)and pit them againt each other,the thing was executioners wiped a floor with bloodletters each time,so basicly I was a bit woried(I am not sure should they beat them lorewise or not)becouse gamewise super expensive unit with crazy upk should win.
    So can you please explain how will you determine stats using tabletop(do you have some sort of formula?),how will you determine on adding special stuff like ap,area,launching,hardy,v hardy,free upk...,and most important unit size?
    I understand if you dont want to spoil mod before release,but if you can a couple of example units would be great.
    I am sorry for to much text and bugging you before release,but this mod seems so amazing I realy cant help my self.
    THX in advance.

I have 9 excel sheets full of tables, charts and all the info needed which I use as reference. Taken a long time to get to the point it is at, with many complete revisions of every aspect of the formulas. There is more to unit balance than stats in the EDU, and what usually happens when someone balances one unit vs another, is they completely mess up balance vs other units, so it's an endless cycle.

I don't use AP at all with the exception of artillery, which has such a negative armour save, or no save at all, it fits. Otherwise, AP is completely ridiculous for regular troops and wrecks unit balance. Not a well thought out statistic by Creative Assembly. Even the creator of RealCombat agrees with that. Just a shame the RealCombat formula doesn't simulate tabletop very well, or it would have saved me something like 8 months of development time.

Icon10 Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

I don't use AP at all with the exception of artillery, which has such a negative armour save, or no save at all, it fits. Otherwise, AP is completely ridiculous for regular troops and wrecks unit balance. Not a well thought out statistic by Creative Assembly. Even the creator of RealCombat agrees with that. Just a shame the RealCombat formula doesn't simulate tabletop very well, or it would have saved me something like 8 months of development time.
    I agree, why not just give a unit a slightly higher attack. Another thing I was thinking... (might be too far into your mod to change this)... but overall LOWER defense and attack ratings mean experience and armor upgrades will actually have an effect on the game. For example, units with 15 armor 10 defense and 6 shield, could care less if they "upgrade" armor for +1 defense.... However, If you say cloth gives a unit just 1 armor, leather 2, chain 3, scale 4, partial plate 5, plate 6... a unit that gains and upgrade will be recieving a serious boost to combat effectiveness. (given that shield and defense skill are also kept low overall as well) The same thing goes with a weaponsmith and experience chevrons..... 22 +1 attack is just not the same as 5+1 attack... For me personally... getting a unit upgraded with weapons and armor and fighting through many battles to get all that experience is the most fun part of the game. Something that Rome had alot more of that kingdoms is lacking, but by lowering the stats overall, these boosts can make it feel more like the development of a veteran unit, Far superior to the green unit it starts out as. Long story short, make it "worth" it to take time and develop a unit vs mass producing green units to swamp your enemy. Just my thoughts!

Looks awesome Reiksfart! Are you still working on this?
    Make America great again!

Of course. I won't stop until it is done, it has just been a massive amount of work. We moved house again a month ago and last few weeks I renewed my work on it. Campaign script is done and descr_strat (which was a lot more work than it sounds), and now I just have to find an error after crashing when loading campaign. No error showing up in trace log so will rebuild bit by bit in a fresh installation of RoDG.

So lots of progress and hopefully shouldn't be too long before campaign testing can go ahead.

Great news, can't wait to see your submod at work.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Of course. I won't stop until it is done, it has just been a massive amount of work. We moved house again a month ago and last few weeks I renewed my work on it. Campaign script is done and descr_strat (which was a lot more work than it sounds), and now I just have to find an error after crashing when loading campaign. No error showing up in trace log so will rebuild bit by bit in a fresh installation of RoDG.

So lots of progress and hopefully shouldn't be too long before campaign testing can go ahead.
    Are the ogre kingdoms implemented?

Awesome! I don't mean to be nudgy, just wanted to make sure this project is still alive . Keep up the good work and take your time!

Also, do I hear forest goblins on spiders?? That will be epic!
    Last edited by Shi Huangdi; September 05, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
    Make America great again!

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Are the ogre kingdoms implemented?
    None of the WAR models I have been working on will be released with this submod to the public. Need to wait for them to be released as part of official CoW. I'm not even sure what they will do with all the ogre models and everything else associated with the Ogre Kingdoms faction. Might just make them all mercs, then it will be up to me and others to implement them as a faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Shi Huangdi View Post
    Awesome! I don't mean to be nudgy, just wanted to make sure this project is still alive . Keep up the good work and take your time!

Also, do I hear forest goblins on spiders?? That will be epic!
    Definitely still alive, I just got a little involved in playing WAR and working on models for a while. I've put all that on hold and focusing modding time on coding the submod, or it would take forever. Feels like it already has taken forever. I haven't played a proper campaign of CoW for almost a year now.

Do you think it will be this year?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSword View Post
    Do you think it will be this year?
    Should have been months ago, or at least a campaign test/balance release to the volunteers. Haven't been able to, and at times not wanted (burnout) to focus on it, and been doing other stuff. Wife always comes first too.

Will update as I go, and sooner rather than later request another lot of campaign testers. Last time was a while ago and some may not even be around or not have time now.

Should have been months ago, or at least a campaign test/balance release to the volunteers. Haven't been able to, and at times not wanted (burnout) to focus on it, and been doing other stuff. Wife always comes first too.

Will update as I go, and sooner rather than later request another lot of campaign testers. Last time was a while ago and some may not even be around or not have time now.
    I always have time.