Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435363738394055 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Mesn's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

Phew, just finished reading the thread. Keep up the good work Reik, I just came back to this game after a loooong break, so im fresh and raring to go hahaha. Looking forward to this very much, and I think it would be great if you could integrate the other texture submod that improves all the towns and buildings etc. Either way don't give up as people out there really appreciate the work you are going to.

Regards,

Anther expat in a different land.

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Richdog View Post
    Phew, just finished reading the thread. Keep up the good work Reik, I just came back to this game after a loooong break, so im fresh and raring to go hahaha. Looking forward to this very much, and I think it would be great if you could integrate the other texture submod that improves all the towns and buildings etc. Either way don't give up as people out there really appreciate the work you are going to.
    I haven't yet looked at Khavi's new building work, but will likely include it when I get the chance. I certainly won't be giving up. Still a lot to do but mostly small jobs, but the main one is testing and balancing of campaign. Still waiting for Pietrak (long term battle tester) to return, I need his testing and feedback on the updated battles.

I've made a new menu video. Can't be bothered to post a vid so a few pics will have to do. Menu bars still need to be replaced (ahem, Khavi ). Menu flame/smoke/bright wizard video won't be a small size, I just made it for myself and wanted a quality picture, so I'd just upload it as an optional add-on.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Awesome! If you can change the menu overlay colours as well that would be great, as the text is really hard to read against the default one!

Awesome! Heh, if you can change the game menu overlay colours as well that would be great, as the text is really hard to read against the default one!

I'm going to need another battle tester very soon since my main tester hasn't been around for a while, which is probably my fault for not uploading a new test version for months. Been busy with campaign.

Requirements:

Must have a good understanding of Warhammer tabletop rules and balancing. Very important because this is what everything is balanced around.
    Must give quality detailed feedback on balance via private message on this forum. I can take criticism, but it must be constructive.
    Suggestions on how to improve always a plus. I'll never claim to know best for everything as has been proven with my other tester whose feedback and suggestions have improved everything greatly to emulate TT balance.
    Preferably a regular here who has been around and posting in this submods forum for a good while.

Well, I would volunteer but I've never actually played Warhammer TT, so I can't claim to have the necessary understanding of stats and balance. Pretty much all I've done is play CoW and look through the TT rulebooks
    Make America great again!

I haven't played TT for over 15 years either and the rules have changed since then. It's just been something I've continued to have an interest in sometimes, which was reinvigorated when I started playing CoW.

I just don't want to hear about 'why are ogres not winning a battle almost on their own? THIS IS WRONG!!!' or 'Why are bright wizards not pulverising an entire army with no effort?'. Things like that.

I'll let you know. Will be no harm in having a couple of testers anyway. Probably best to d/l the 7th edition army books if you don't have them, I've used those rather than 8th.

Added new weapon and tongues plus some other small changes to Bloodletters.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    I just don't want to hear about 'why are ogres not winning a battle almost on their own? THIS IS WRONG!!!' or 'Why are bright wizards not pulverising an entire army with no effort?'. Things like that.
    I wish I could help but Im running low on free time. I dont see your balanced stats as a problem but one thing I didnt like about the system you initially applied in The Sundering mod were not the stats but the costs. We had units that had balanced stats but the costs and upkeep made them useless. If you are toning down Ogres, Mages, etc, the costs and upkeeps should be toned down proprotionally.

SHaDoWxCrUsAd3r's Avatar Civis

I would be honoured to help, I have been following this submod from the start and have really been looking forward to its release as I couldnt stand the vanilla balance. I unfortunately have never played tabletop either, just played CoW.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I dont see your balanced stats as a problem but one thing I didnt like about the system you initially applied in The Sundering mod were not the stats but the costs. We had units that had balanced stats but the costs and upkeep made them useless. If you are toning down Ogres, Mages, etc, the costs and upkeeps should be toned down proprotionally.
    What I did for Sundering was a really early version from 2011 that was flawed and they changed a lot anyway without feedback, which one was reason I stopped updating it for that mod. I had nothing to do with the costs either. Lots of it was out of my hands and is why I prefer working on my own projects. I added the costs and upkeep last week based on a points value and TT rarity system (Core troops, special troops, rare, mercenary and character unit. I won't go into explaining it here, but if you read my recent post in the ReallyBadAI forum http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=550147 you'll get an idea of what I've gone for with this submod.

Quote Originally Posted by SHaDoWxCrUsAd3r View Post
    I would be honoured to help, I have been following this submod from the start and have really been looking forward to its release as I couldnt stand the vanilla balance. I unfortunately have never played tabletop either, just played CoW.
    Ok, thanks. Will let you know.

New bloodletters in action with bloodthirsters. I re-rigged and moulded the bloodthirsters to fit a re-sized orc anim and they turned out really well. They are also infantry, so none of the problems associated with elephant based models either. Expect all the other greater daemons and the old proper sized daemon princes too.

I can't get the cine-editor to work anymore, so pics aren't as good as they could be.

Holy ! those are bad assssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pardon my french), (french people pardon my pardon lol)

That's awesome!! I love how the bloodthirsters are giant like they should be.

I do think, however, that his texture should be the same shade of red as the bloodletters.
    Last edited by Shi Huangdi; October 11, 2012 at 01:26 AM.
    Make America great again!

Quote Originally Posted by Shi Huangdi View Post
    I do think, however, that his texture should be the same shade of red as the bloodletters.
    I was thinking the same and probably will colour them the same as I did the bloodletters. They also need a better weapon and I'll use some source pics to add in skull laden banners etc.

Bloodthirsters added to campaign.

I'll add one or two to the AI scripted invasions somewhere also. Won't be seen much in campaign.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Good to see them back. They will have 10 demons per unit, right?

Woah good job

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Good to see them back. They will have 10 demons per unit, right?
    Yes, no choice about 10 being the minimum size for infantry based units. It fits though, considering the scale difference between TT and this.

Updated Bloodthirster texture and a few alterations to the model. Done with it for now, need to move on to other stuff.