Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839404156 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

You were working on custom Demon Princes for each chaos god, werent you? I cant remember exactly. Anyway, are they still in your plans?

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

I started a daemon prince of nurgle end of last year, but like some other models will have to wait until I can focus on modeling.

One more update to Bloodthirster. Less bright and more highlights. Now back to coding.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    New bloodletters in action with bloodthirsters. I re-rigged and moulded the bloodthirsters to fit a re-sized orc anim and they turned out really well. They are also infantry, so none of the problems associated with elephant based models either. Expect all the other greater daemons and the old proper sized daemon princes too.

I can't get the cine-editor to work anymore, so pics aren't as good as they could be.

Holy **** that is freaking amazing. Really.

You've come a long way Reiksfart, fantastic daemons.

If I win the Euromillions lottery Reiksfart, i'll organise financial incentive for you to get it all finished within 6 months. I'll buy you a new family home or something. :p

McBeanie's Avatar Foederatus

Been following this for a while after grabbing M2TW for $10 a few months ago, finally decided to make a post and I must say you have done a magnificent job from the look of things. A quick question if I may: Do you plan to keep the garrison script or will that be removed?

Ah, Reiksfart you big tease. Release this beauty already!

Great work, as always. Keep 'em coming.

Can I get some help listing the scripted AI armies which appear directly outside a city? I need to search through the campaign script and modify the scripts so they appear a few turns away from the target, similar to the early orc invasion when playing as Wissenland. Never liked that myself as I know many others don't. I'd prefer the chance to prepare better and possibly take them out in a field battle.

At the moment all I can think of are:

Early game 2 x night goblin armies outside Karak Eight Peaks
    Early game High elves vs dark elves camp
    Early game Khorne vs elven fort in norsca
    Last edited by Reiksfart; October 15, 2012 at 09:39 PM.

Warrior of Tzeentch standard bearer

Forest Goblin Spider Riders

Very good job :0 !!

Cool! Looks very cool! Is it possible to give the spiders some variety in colours (black, brown, etc)?

OH WOW that is awesome!! You should make the Arachnarok Spiders too: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod900159a
    Make America great again!

Quote Originally Posted by Shi Huangdi View Post
    OH WOW that is awesome!! You should make the Arachnarok Spiders too: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod900159a
    That is ubbercool!
    I still miss the chaos war mammoth.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Cool! Looks very cool! Is it possible to give the spiders some variety in colours (black, brown, etc)?
    Will do. There is enough room on a single texture file to add 4 total variants. 8 if adding an attachment texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Shi Huangdi View Post
    That is ubbercool!
    I still miss the chaos war mammoth.
    Just like the mammoth I worked on before, it has to wait. I can't get too involved in models which could take weeks to finish. I really should be working on next battle test upload, but the modelling bug hit me again, so doing some while I have the drive to.

Warriors of Tzeentch. Haven't finished yet, still need to add more new weapons, shields and other extras.

I see your point and I totally agree. I think, to be honest, you should focus on the first release and then add new units via patches. I think it will be more motivating, having a concrete release. Not trying to boss you around nor trying to ask for a release date, as I never do. Just saying that mods that become too ambitious generally never come to life. Just my opinion. it is kind of what happened to me. I never had any big project, just some very minor stuff as a modder, but when I faced a new task it would take more time than I wished, I kind of lost motivation.

Awesome warrior of tzeentch! Take your time, this is going to be awesome.
    Make America great again!

I see your point and I totally agree. I think, to be honest, you should focus on the first release and then add new units via patches. I think it will be more motivating, having a concrete release. Not trying to boss you around nor trying to ask for a release date, as I never do. Just saying that mods that become too ambitious generally never come to life. Just my opinion. it is kind of what happened to me. I never had any big project, just some very minor stuff as a modder, but when I faced a new task it would take more time than I wished, I kind of lost motivation.
    I wouldn't say anything has been too ambitious yet, with the exception of a few models I attempted to build. Just not good/experienced enough and not enough patience. All of it has been within my ability to do so, it just takes time. I think my way of keeping myself going and interested is to change what I'm doing frequently or it does start to become a chore and I get bored. Campaign script really burned me out and I stopped doing anything with this for weeks. Came back to it and worked hard and now have a working campaign. Now some fun time adding in new models.

Pietrak is back anyway, so need to finish next battle test upload soon for him and another to give feedback.

Orc- Wyvern mount.

I figured out the wing issue some of us were having months ago with the pegasus, so once I have this finished the sky will be the limit for flying units. Manticore, Griffon, Pegasus, dark pegasus and possibly even dragons if I can make them fit the pegasus anim. Have to get this wyvern finished first. It has been a PITA to learn.

Woah !! cool !