Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2540414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1147

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - A submod for End Times

Ogre Maneaters, veterans of Tilean campaigns. Original model from End Times.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Are these going to be the standard model for the maneaters? Or are these a sort of 'Tilean veteran' variation

Quote Originally Posted by 27731300 View Post
    Are these going to be the standard model for the maneaters? Or are these a sort of 'Tilean veteran' variation

Standard. I plan to add in one more variant at some point, empire themed with pistols as per the army book.

Empire themed ogres with pistols? I can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Standard. I plan to add in one more variant at some point, empire themed with pistols as per the army book.

Hmmm if you take a look on moddb page of BotET you will see that the maneaters are getting an insane model overhaul with huuuuuge unit variety of Ogres from all factions including Tilea also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Kendoka View Post
    Hmmm if you take a look on moddb page of BotET you will see that the maneaters are getting an insane model overhaul with huuuuuge unit variety of Ogres from all factions including Tilea also.
    Yes, and when that is released I will be able to add in my variant to the unit.

Been quiet because I've been coding the new factions in End Times.

Daemon slayers, slayer standard bearers and new slayer hair.

Love those Slayers! Are you thinking to put those or the Dragonslayers over the Slayers BG (Gotrek Slayers)? Maybe Dragonslayers would be better for that, and Daemonslayers can be a crazy elite unit. That way we end up with Trollslayers, Giantslayers, Dragonslayers (Slayer BG unit), and Daemonslayers, rounding them all out. Thinking about Dragonslayers as the BG unit, since I imagine Daemonslayers as too crazy to be an effective bodyguard, plus having too high of stats for a regenerating bodyguard. Just some ideas.

I'm not entirely sure yet and haven't checked what I did previously in original CoW 1.5.1. All I remember right now is Daemon slayers will be recruitable only from slayer keep, but the refresh time is going to be very high. In the region of 25-30 turns which will ensure they are very rare.

Eternal Guard with shields, as per the army book option, which helps them represent better the wood elves only line infantry. Also standard bearers.

Vampire Counts undead standard bearers and drummers. Did these in 2012, but have updated with a couple of extra banners for variety.

Wood elf general's forest dragon. Rider is placeholder.

Sooooo coool!!!
    Are you pllanning on visually overhauling the dragons in the game? Especially the chaos and zombie dragons?

Sooooo coool!!!
    Are you pllanning on visually overhauling the dragons in the game? Especially the chaos and zombie dragons?

This is a good question. I already have an unfinished update of the dragon model, giving it modeled teeth, horns etc, but the model is causing some problems. Texture's all messed up in game. I asked the End Times team to take a look, but doesn't look like it's fixable. So unless that problem can be overcome I won't even finish the update of the model because it can't be used. Otherwise, yes. I personally would squeeze a chaos and zombie dragon into my submod each with their own separate models, while any other faction with a dragon would share a model but with different textures, as it is now.

Snotlings

This is a good question. I already have an unfinished update of the dragon model, giving it modeled teeth, horns etc, but the model is causing some problems. Texture's all messed up in game. I asked the End Times team to take a look, but doesn't look like it's fixable. So unless that problem can be overcome I won't even finish the update of the model because it can't be used. Otherwise, yes. I personally would squeeze a chaos and zombie dragon into my submod each with their own separate models, while any other faction with a dragon would share a model but with different textures, as it is now.
    Hmmmmmm, the problem must be with UV maping of the model, to fix it a new UV map would have to be made for the dragon model and than a whole new texture ofc. Very teedious work....

That is AWESOME NEWS! Can't wait to se what you do wit chaos and zombie dragons.
    Snotlings

Snortlings!!!! I am guessing extra cheap and extra numerous. :-)

It's taking a while to figure out. A 2 headed Chaos Dragon would be very cool. I love the Eternal Guard with shields, and they don't look like reskinned HE Speamen. Banner bearers and other officers always make units look better, and are a core part of Warhammer. One unit's officers that are currently lacking are the Battle Pilgrims for Bretonnia. I was thinking to do the Grain Reliquae by having 3 separate officers, the 1st carrying a skeleton horse skull, 2nd a dead Grail Knight, like on his shoulders, and 3rd with a shrine icon thing. Then it'd finally make sense they have the command attribute and are unbreakable. Those Snotlings look great, too, kinda makes me want to spend a mount slot on a Pump Wagon, although the Snotlings on foot are a somewhat useful unit, being essentially unbreakable Goblins that can't fight for crap. They'd be cool as a free to recruit merc unit, like the Vampires have with their basic Undead.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    One unit's officers that are currently lacking are the Battle Pilgrims for Bretonnia. I was thinking to do the Grain Reliquae by having 3 separate officers, the 1st carrying a skeleton horse skull, 2nd a dead Grail Knight, like on his shoulders, and 3rd with a shrine icon thing.
    This is what I really like about modding warhammer. Can let your imagination and creativity go wherever you want, and the source material and art all over the internet can be great inspirations for ideas. I enjoyed making the nurgle banner with the strung up sigmar priest. Still yet to add it into game, haven't updated nurgle in End Times yet.

Here's another idea I got from seeing a pic of a giant miniature conversion.

Niiiiiice, love the look of those giants, are they mounts?
    Hope not cause there are really no fre mount slots especialy when new units come in...

Niiiiiice, love the look of those giants, are they mounts?
    Hope not cause there are really no fre mount slots especialy when new units come in...
    No, those are infantry. Riders are just for show.

Is there a link to download the submod? The new units you post here are amazing.