Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 732474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1147

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Will this be on the same map as the main submod? Also, have you had to remove some units to fit your new ones in?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    Will this be on the same map as the main submod? Also, have you had to remove some units to fit your new ones in?
    Yes, the map will be the same except I'll be adding in three new factions. Probably only one with first release. I won't be changing the campaign much, so it will basically be the same as what is released with the next patch, but will play differently. Some things will have to be changed for balance because my balancing will be very different, but I won't know what needs changing until the next End Times patch and I've coded everything of mine in. That is a big task by itself. Yes, I've removed some units which either don't exist in tabletop or are just copies of another unit. Will have to tidy up the rosters some more with adding more factions.

Sounds fantastic. What are the factions you're adding? If you don't mind my asking, of course
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    Sounds fantastic. What are the factions you're adding? If you don't mind my asking, of course
    Beastmen, which I'm currently working on with all new beastmen models. Pretty much done, just a few more units to add in. And two other evil factions, which I'll hold off on talking about until I start working on them.

Nice. I'm gunna guess... Araby (it has fallen to chaos in the past) and forest goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Beastmen, which I'm currently working on with all new beastmen models. Pretty much done, just a few more units to add in. And two other evil factions, which I'll hold off on talking about until I start working on them.
    That sounds awesome! Will they be a full faction with bray shamans for priests etc?

My best guess is that the Vampire counts will be disassembled into Lamia, Sylvania (vanilla) and Blood knights.

My guess goes for the Strigoi Ghoul Kings and the Amazons of Lustria!

Ohh my God.

This Mod is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Kendoka View Post
    That sounds awesome! Will they be a full faction with bray shamans for priests etc?

My best guess is that the Vampire counts will be disassembled into Lamia, Sylvania (vanilla) and Blood knights.
    Yes, full faction except I'm not adding razorgor chariot. I'm not adding more than one chariot unit for a faction. Currently working on ghorgon's, which is probably going to take weeks. Cygor's should be easy once I have the ghorgon done. Other than that and working on beastlords/wargor general models, the faction is done. Brays and chaos spawn are coming with the next End Times patch. Whether I'll add my own touches to those or not, I don't know.

I built this is 2012, but have updated it. Tuskgor chariot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jivaro View Post
    My guess goes for the Strigoi Ghoul Kings and the Amazons of Lustria!
    No one has guessed correctly, but I really like the Amazon idea and I think they'd fit well in the sparsely populated lustria area. Hopefully someone will start that sometime.

Anyway, I'm going to be starting a mod db page soon, as WhiffofGrapeshot has kindly said he will link to it from the End Times page.

Yes, full faction except I'm not adding razorgor chariot. I'm not adding more than one chariot unit for a faction. Currently working on ghorgon's, which is probably going to take weeks. Cygor's should be easy once I have the ghorgon done. Other than that and working on beastlords/wargor general models, the faction is done. Brays and chaos spawn are coming with the next End Times patch. Whether I'll add my own touches to those or not, I don't know.

I built this is 2012, but have updated it. Tuskgor chariot.

No one has guessed correctly, but I really like the Amazon idea and I think they'd fit well in the sparsely populated lustria area. Hopefully someone will start that sometime.

Anyway, I'm going to be starting a mod db page soon, as WhiffofGrapeshot has kindly said he will link to it from the End Times page.
    Ghorgons, Cygors and Tuskgors OH MY!!!

Can't wait to play with them and bring the human "civilization" to its knees!

I thought faction cap was reached with Vanilla? hows beastmen being added or is a faction being removed? if not i look forward to thisss!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarenor View Post
    I thought faction cap was reached with Vanilla? hows beastmen being added or is a faction being removed? if not i look forward to thisss!!!!
    You will be disappointed. Factions need to go in order to make room for others. I'll be combining Empire down to 3 or 4 factions to make the room needed for the factions I will be adding. The ultimate End Times campaign, with Araby, Estalia, Tilea etc plus the 3 factions I'm adding, is going to need empire down to 1 or 2 factions. I personally don't see this as a problem since End Times is not empire-centric as the original CoW campaign. Fans of specific empire factions won't like it, of course, but I'm modding for myself.

One does not simply eat the cake and leave it whole...Adding more factions, means some other ones will have to go or be combined! CoW and CoW:Botet already have quite a lot of empire factions in em, Imho decreasing them or even having a single united empire to bring in new unique factions for this mod will be quite nice and set it apart from the other mods!
    The empire faction specific units can always stay as region/building specific recruitments

You will be disappointed. Factions need to go in order to make room for others. I'll be combining Empire down to 3 or 4 factions to make the room needed for the factions I will be adding. The ultimate End Times campaign, with Araby, Estalia, Tilea etc plus the 3 factions I'm adding, is going to need empire down to 1 or 2 factions. I personally don't see this as a problem since End Times is not empire-centric as the original CoW campaign. Fans of specific empire factions won't like it, of course, but I'm modding for myself.

Eh it's disappointing to hear, i feel the empire factions give more depth and chance to actually use diplomacy plus are like that of the roman families of Rome 1, whoever comes out on top is prime to take over the map! haha, but yep it's your mod and i wish ya best!

I'm OK with this. Hell half the time the empire merges half it's provinces within 30 turns

Done with the Ghorgon, although I will be tweaking it if I get any ideas or inspiration. The secondary arms won't be animated, but in a fixed position. There is no anim to cater to that as far as I'm aware. Once I get the animation (20% larger than giants) I'll get it in game to find the best/most natural position for those extra arms so there's no clipping.
    So with this done I'll definitely be able to add in cygors too at some point soon-ish. Probably do a mix of the tabletop model, which is very similar to ghorgon, and the Total War Warhammer version. Don't want it looking too similar to the ghorgon.

Done with the Ghorgon, although I will be tweaking it if I get any ideas or inspiration. The secondary arms won't be animated, but in a fixed position. There is no anim to cater to that as far as I'm aware. Once I get the animation (20% larger than giants) I'll get it in game to find the best/most natural position for those extra arms so there's no clipping.
    So with this done I'll definitely be able to add in cygors too at some point soon-ish. Probably do a mix of the tabletop model, which is very similar to ghorgon, and the Total War Warhammer version. Don't want it looking too similar to the ghorgon.

Looking awesome! Out of this world!
    Will Cygors throw those huge rocks? I know it's probably not possible but it would be very cool.
    As for the arms of Ghorgon perhaps put them in a position like on the miniature, guessing it wouldn't clip there and it would be king of a homage.

Btw I fully agree with you on the Empire thing too many clone factions that restrict additions of really cool factions, leaving only Reikland and Middenheim (since they are unique by not being Sigmarites) would be perfectly fine.

I believe it will be possible for them to throw those rocks, but I don't know if there's a size limit on the projectile model. I haven't reached the point of looking at adding in new projectile effects.

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - A submod for End Times

nice

Most of my updating will be on mod db from now on. Just easier to do, no messing about uploading pics to an external site then posting here.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-wa...-the-end-times

There's a link to my page on the official BotET mod db page if you want to take a look. October 25 article.