Thread: Marrying Princesses

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Marrying Princesses

I don't get this mechanic. I'm playing as Stannis and want to marry Shireen into the Vale, or wanted to. But when I sent a diplomat, I didn't see the option that I had another time. Are there certain circumstances that must arise?

Sky Walker's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Marrying Princesses

I am also wondering, it's just not realistic world of ice and fire if there's no option to marry your daughers/sons to other factions, or some of your own generals.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

You can only have the option to marry princesses if they themselves doing the diplomacy. So click on you princess and use her in stead of the diplomat. Or alternatively have you diplomat enter into the diplomacy screen with another factions princess.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Walker View Post
    it's just not realistic world of ice and fire if there's no option to marry your daughers/sons to other factions, or some of your own generals.
    It's based of Medieval 2 Total War and because of this is very much limited by the mechanics of Medieval 2 Total War.

You can marry a Princess to any of your Generals. (effectively bringing him into your family tree) You can marry a Princess to any Unmarried Family Member. (that's not closely related to her) You can also marry a Princess to another factions Leader/Heir if they are not already married. (doing so will form a Blood Alliance) Otherwise it is very much limited by the diplomacy of Medieval 2, and we all know how limited that is.

If you wish to marry your own Faction Leader/Heir to another factions Princess, simply find another factions Princess and talk to her with a Diplomat, then offer the hand of your Faction Leader/Heir in the Diplomacy scroll.

Sky Walker's Avatar Tiro

That is the problem. I am playing Game of Throne submod, and I don't see any princesses on the map. I see them in family tree, but not on the map.... nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Walker View Post
    That is the problem. I am playing Game of Throne submod, and I don't see any princesses on the map. I see them in family tree, but not on the map.... nowhere to be found.
    Princesses count as Agents, and there is an Agent limit depending on the number of Towns/City's you control. (I think that's what effects it) So if a Princess comes of age when you have no space for her, she will remain in the Family Tree and the game will pop-up with random marriage requests for her now and again. There is no way to move a Princess from the Family Tree onto the Campaign map once shes there, this is another Medieval 2 thing.

I could be missing some info on the hole Agent Limit thing, look it up on Google lol...

Sky Walker's Avatar Tiro

Maybe, but they don't exist in descr_strat file also. And none of the factions have them on the map, I checked with toggle_fow. Anyway, it seems they don't exist in submod for vanilla version. I downloaded enhanced and it's fine there.

First off, after having 0 crashes with the custom battle fix I really have bee able to enjoy this mod fully, so thank you for that Badger!

Second, is there any easy way to have characters age within fewer turns and the years go by faster? I feel like my kingdom gets too large, too fast from a role playing standpoint and my family members cannot pop out children fast enough to keep up with expanding lordships. I usually have heirs maturing around turn 150-160, it would be nice to get them around 100 or so, thoughts?

(sorry wrong thread ^)

Sky Walker's Avatar Tiro

You can do that in files descr_strat.txt (change timescale) and in campaign_script.txt (change the number of turns after which aging happens, which is a bit more complicated).

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Princesses count as Agents, and there is an Agent limit depending on the number of Towns/City's you control. (I think that's what effects it) So if a Princess comes of age when you have no space for her, she will remain in the Family Tree and the game will pop-up with random marriage requests for her now and again. There is no way to move a Princess from the Family Tree onto the Campaign map once shes there, this is another Medieval 2 thing.

I could be missing some info on the hole Agent Limit thing, look it up on Google lol...
    Actually, the only princesses that can move on the map are the daughters of your faction leader and faction heir (and the ones pre-placed on the map)

Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    Actually, the only princesses that can move on the map are the daughters of your faction leader and faction heir (and the ones pre-placed on the map)
    I'll take your word on that, but i could swear i have had plenty of Princesses come of age on the campaign map that are not daughters of my FL/FH.

Sky Walker's Avatar Tiro

When do princesses come of age?

All I know is that I never got any princesses in Game of Thrones 2.1 for Vanilla version, don't know why, but I'm playing enhanced version now, which works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I'll take your word on that, but i could swear i have had plenty of Princesses come of age on the campaign map that are not daughters of my FL/FH.
    I was talking more in generalizations of vanilla. I suppose that the mod might be slightly different (I think that some of the minor houses might have hidden family trees or something)

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Are you talking of actual agents or just adult women in family tree?

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

As Starks I managed to marry Robb to Arianne Martell and Bran to Shireen.
    But then playing as Martells and allied with Stannis I couldn't get Trystane and Shireen to pair up.

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Diplomacy sucks, it's got to be one of the biggest drawbacks of total war games. The bigger you are the harder it is to make peace and forge alliances, total opposite of what would happen in the real world. Basically its impossible to maintain peace with any faction if you share a land border, and some factions seem to declare just for the hell of it. It's kind of ridiculous that some tiny little nation would want to pick a fight with an empire ten times its size, and yet this is what always happens, surely they would be trying to stay on good terms. Okay the game is called "total war" yeah we get it, but wouldn't it be better to at least have the option of realistic diplomacy, allowing for more scheming and alliance building instead of being in a constant state of war.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Try XAI, made my vanilla game musch better

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    Try XAI, made my vanilla game musch better
    Does this work well with the Enhanced version?