Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [OT] Whats your family Coat of arms and motto? :)

Default Re: [OT] Whats your family Coat of arms and motto? :)

My Family name is O'Shea, which means Dauntless / Hawk-like and they would have been one of the more powerful families in Munster until the Normans came along. They later became big shots in Kilkenny and Limerick.

Our motto is "Vincit Veritas" / "Truth Conquers"

Taylor

Motto: mores hoc mutato(Let this change manners)

All of the pictures I post dont appear to show Any ideas why ?

Lunzium's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Whats your family Coat of arms and motto? :)

Well then you probably just don't know anyone who has.. I know several ppl who has them here in Denmark and my family's got 2, well my great-grandfather was awarded one and his brother got one too. They're hanging up at Frederiksborg Castle i believe

Default Re: Whats your family Coat of arms and motto? :)

Quote Originally Posted by A_Dane View Post
    @Irish blood: Pretty sure that statement isn't true mate, might be true in Ireland, but here in Denmark I know no one, who actually has a Coat of arms...
    Well my post before should've been with this quote, lol it's late don't hate ^^

Also got some pics i'll upload later from my mothers side of the family, a branch of House of Hoyos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Hoyos (migrated to Denmark during WW2 and have since had all their property confiscated by the Hungarian gov.) and through them House of Esterházy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Esterh%C3%A1zy (though abit farther out it's still not more than we're invited to the family reunions once in a while )

The name Concannon actually means Wisdom without compromise.

The Oak is a symbol for Hope, joy and Loyalty.

The Falcon, on the Oak, surveys the countryside, ready to protect and defend against the encroachment of the enemy.

The Two Crosses were granted as a result of participation in the Crusading movements and to signify two expeditions to the Holy Land. They are blue means Loyalty and Truth.

The Elephant symbolizes Great Courage, Great Strength, Great Wit and Great Ambition.

Family Name: Payne

Motto: Main mori quam foedari (Death Before Dishonor)

History: goes back many centuries but, 2 most noted history fact was, In 1066 was my family rewarded land and titles after helping Duke William of Normandy win his battle at Hastings, where the last Anglo-Saxon king of England died.

And Second Historical fact was, Family Payne decents from the co-founder and the first Grand Master of the Knights Templars

Crest: 2 white lions on a red background, with a white line separeting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arni Blightwater View Post
    Family Name: Payne

Motto: Main mori quam foedari (Death Before Dishonor)

History: goes back many centuries but, 2 most noted history fact was, In 1066 was my family rewarded land and titles after helping Duke William of Normandy win his battle at Hastings, where the last Anglo-Saxon king of England died.

And Second Historical fact was, Family Payne decents from the co-founder and the first Grand Master of the Knights Templars

Crest: 2 white lions on a red background, with a white line separeting them.
    I had an ancestor who was a templar. Johannes Filius Moore, around 1185 AD.

Same, Juan Lopez De La Hoyos also about 11-something. I think my father found his grave somewhere in some church in Palestine (some would say Israel but hey im not one of those).

I am a descendant of Swiss imigrants on Brazil

Surname: Nelson
    Motto: Palmam qui meruit ferat. (Let him who has earned it bear the palm).

Campidoctor

House Pinto: five red halfmoons in a white background, awarded to Pelagius the Red by Dom Afonso Henriques the Conqueror, first King of Portugal. The coat of arms is sometimes topped by a white leopard. We do not have words, but I found a plate from the Viscounts of Balsemão in which Dezejo de Fazer Bem, literally Wishing to do Good, is written. There is also the Knights of Malta's motto, of which an ancestor was Grand Master of, Non surrexit maior, meaning There has been no one greater, a reference to St. John the Baptist.

Our colors are red and silver and our host animal is a leopard.
    Last edited by ByzantineCaesar; October 01, 2012 at 05:31 PM.

House von Prigge : Minor nobility in Prussia from the Kingdom of Hannover
    Last edited by Fürst Frederic; March 18, 2013 at 06:34 AM.

How do you Post pictures?

Järnkrok ( ironhook ) our words are "We make our own luck"
    Our sigil is a white and gray background with a sword crossed with an iron hook on a pole, dark blue waves beneath

Name and saying are true btw^^
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Oh my god iam from Castamere hehehe

I am very thinly related to the Von Lühmann family since my great great great great grandfather married one of them in 1814.... They are also a noble Family, but originate from Peasants.

Their son married an Augustin family member. The Augustins were Barons, though they were more landed gentry than nobility.

Last edited by Fürst Frederic; December 21, 2012 at 07:32 PM.

I don't want to be miserable but all those family crests people have posted are fake (the British and Irish ones anyway). Its just a money making scam playing on peoples interest in ancestory.
    I think there are about 12 proper Scottish clan coats of arms and about 6 Irish. Thats it, the rest are fake.
    It makes sense when you think about - most people desend from the thousands of poor, starving people not rich families who had the wealth to have one.

If I was to create a westors crest I'd like one with a Fiddler crab with his large claw raised above him. Always liked the way they look like they are giving off about something!