Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22476263646566676869707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1547

Thread: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

According to his channel he is searching for help.
    "Looking For a little help
    The Main MOD Team won't help me because they don't like me Remodding the MODS"
    It's from his part, but lets remember that this dude doesn't know how to upload mods to sites like gamefront and mediafire. He sends them via email and CD's.....

He has also started working on a Blackfyre version.....

Elbadruhel's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [Submod] The King of Rivers and Hills. A complete overhaul of Westeros TW.

"They dont like me" what the... How old is this guy? 6?

Its forbidden to get any profit or income due to our work. Its OURS, not his. And even, us, has it forbiden due to copyright, its based on GRRM and we have not permission to get money for our work. So, less he has.

His youtube channel should be banned and his ebay account too.

What a bastard. Parasite, literally.

I have to ask it, when he sends the DVDs by email, does he send the m2tw and his expansion too? Because it would be even worse.

I tried reporting that douche on YT and seems nothing happened. I guess everyone @ here should rally and report him to YT daily and finally YT will have no choice but to up his channel. This puber wannabe is ing outrageous. Cant you guys report him on ebay or something like that ? This moron must be wipped from existence on any possible network or social media where he uses these mods. Give him a lesson and maybe, just maybe he'll reach puberty a little happier

Quote Originally Posted by Silenced Ape View Post
    According to his channel he is searching for help. "Looking For a little help The Main MOD Team won't help me because they don't like me Remodding the MODS"
    Modding for personal use is fine. Uploading to the public is fine so long as you give credit where credit is due and ask for permission, most or even all modders would happily give such permission. Selling a mod or gaining any profit for that matter, is illegal, but there is nothing TWC can do about him so long as he's outside their domain. We've discussed him before over in Fire&Blood, another mod he's sold on e-bay, in that case myself and badger tried to explain to him only to get threats like "I know the modding game better than you" - a direct quote of his response to me, shortly before he accused me of harassing him. He's since disabled comments on his Fire&Blood video. You can see the discussion we've already had over at Fire&Blood. Here - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14451763 - Reporting his Youtube Channel is very unlikely to yield results short of his video(s) being claimed by CA/HBO/GRRM etc. Reporting his E-Bay is another matter entirely but again is unlikely to yield effective results. The only way you'll ever stop this person (I use the term 'person' loosely) would to be contact CA directly and point out that somebody is modding their game and selling it on E-Bay as their own, modding is legit and untouchable (CA supports it even) but you cannot make profit from it because it's simply not yours to sell.

Overall short of bringing in the big guns (CA/Lawyers etc) you'll not have much luck moving him to do anything, he'll just continue. From my conversation with him he either doesn't care or truly believes he's in the right.

+ Rep to anyone who reads all that. Copyright brings out the walls of text in me...

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

did, rep plz.

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

I agree with you soul.

Elbadruhel's Avatar Centenarius

Soul, i agree with you.

But, the most annoying point is, he is not just selling a thing is already free, so, cheating people. But he is selling a thing ist yours, due to CA copyright. Neither based on his idaes, due to GRRM copyright. BUT! The most awesome here, is, he is selling a work, done by others. WTF?

This is madness. And if he thinks he has just a bit of right for making profit for something he has neither thought, developed, edited or modded, he is simply mad.

Modders like Hannibal or me, or whoever has done something, could try to fight for profit, without right. But at least, is our work. He is cheating people with the work of others...

Yeah Soul I get it, guess it was worth trying. I dont know what else to say but I thought that if I was revolted seeing that outrageous craphole, the people in question and in right to do so would be even more, but I guess as long as there are no practical things that you can do to him its for the best to let it go... Guess that's life. I already knew about the Fire and Blood 2.0 thing but I thought he would stop there...but then I saw a lot of other games like Winds of Winter and Korah and I was just WTF !?! Its not normal, I mean even when posting those games he should give credit to the people who made them but trying to sell them is ing disgusting...guess nature has its flows. GRRM and his rights, theft is theft, even if you enjoy doing those mods you people are losing time making them and no1 except yourself should make money out of it...its bizarre. People are getting ed for lesser things I cant understand why this sob gets away with it... Anyway keep up the good work and dont mind such unhappy lonely creatures. And sorry for wasting your time wih this but I thought that maybe there is something that can be done about it, something that I missed or haven't thought about. Good day/night to you all

People are getting their license or doctorate studies rejected for a few words or a page, I dont know how others like this little can get away with stealing entire pieces of work and even making money out of it... Its against the sole nature of things... This world is simply ed up... Anyway that's it, now I'm just gonna cool down

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

great mod.
    I have uploaded it to my google drive account for anyone that wants an alternate download.
    It is fully patched. Just extract to your mods folder and play
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6U...ew?usp=sharing

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Domurak View Post
    People are getting their license or doctorate studies rejected for a few words or a page, I dont know how others like this little can get away with stealing entire pieces of work and even making money out of it... Its against the sole nature of things... This world is simply ed up... Anyway that's it, now I'm just gonna cool down
    I don't know if it's because I'm drunk right now, but I really have to say THIS STUPID ING KID I'LL BREAK HIS GODDAMN NOSE. Seriously, though, you guys work so hard on these mods and you don't see a dime or even a nickel (Americans will get that at least). CA, which is corporate as hell, will rain down fire and brimstone on this little stain for sure if we bring him to their attention.

What the is going on yo?!

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Wow I did not even know this guy existed. This is disgusting. He is using my work, for profit, that is madness.

And people actually buy this stuff?

He will probably do the same with Westeros proper. I want to bring the Big guns in, CA and their lawyers, but I am hesitant for all the legal hassle.

@Macrath: Thanks!
    Last edited by Dux; July 09, 2015 at 02:57 AM.

Etruscan's Avatar Civis

Hey Soul i completely agree with you, and Dux its B.S that he is doing this and not giving credit where it's do.
    Thank you for your incredible mod. However at this point it's probably not worth the legal hassle involved to take him down.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Best thing to do is just post anywhere you can (here, Moddb, Youtube, Twitter, FB, wherever) and inform people of this scam. I doubt many people actually buy it, but the more people know it's a scam and they can get this stuff for free, the less possible customers he'll have and he'll probably give up.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

He's sold out on the copies he's put up on EBay and the internet has no shortage of gullible individuals whom wouldn't know better. Just look at all the people who donated to Age of Petty Kings and jumped to Thawns defense when we put our foot down and explained that what he was doing was illegal, they knew no better, even defended his actions and placed the 1.0 team as the bad guys for telling him he couldn't do it anymore. People are often horribly unaware of how things work and are easily fooled. You can post on his video's but he can simply remove those comments or just disable the comment section outright. You can report him on Ebay but he'd just make another account.

The minor things you can do (outside of bringing in the big guns) are not greatly effectively, unless he suddenly understands what he's doing is wrong. I/Badger tried talking to him already however, got nowhere.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Bringing it to CA's attention might result in them dealing with it, after all someone is making money off their game.

http://www.creative-assembly.com/con...al-information
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Can I just ask why there are various users with the same name "de bodemloze"? Seriously. Is it a clan or something?

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

It revolves around the patronage system on TWC. Basically, any member with "de Bodemloze" has become a Citizen through the patronage of another "de Bodemloze" who was already a Citizen.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Oh okay Thanks for telling me. I've always wondered