Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shogun Total War 2 will not start.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Shogun Total War 2 will not start.

Try everything in the thread?

Still getting bluescreens?

I GOT It. FOR ALL THOSE WHEN GAME CRAShES TO WINDOWS AFTER LOADING SCREEN AND HAVE PROBLEM WITH AWESOMIUM.

After weeks of trying...First i didnt wanna belive it but then remambered Creative Assembly hate everything about Google,and google CHROME was problem,but.....

Those noobs like Irishron hust told you to delete chrome,ofc he didnt know we are not all PC experts to complitely delete it. This is what you need to do:

Start -- Run --Type regedit---ctrl+f----- type chrome and delete everything with crome in it ---close---doublecheck it and start the game

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Try everything in the thread?

Still getting bluescreens?
    Tried everything.

Not blue screen, just the loading screen then program decides to close itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeat View Post
    I GOT It. FOR ALL THOSE WHEN GAME CRAShES TO WINDOWS AFTER LOADING SCREEN AND HAVE PROBLEM WITH AWESOMIUM.

After weeks of trying...First i didnt wanna belive it but then remambered Creative Assembly hate everything about Google,and google CHROME was problem,but.....

Those noobs like Irishron hust told you to delete chrome,ofc he didnt know we are not all PC experts to complitely delete it. This is what you need to do:

Start -- Run --Type regedit---ctrl+f----- type chrome and delete everything with crome in it ---close---doublecheck it and start the game
    I don't have chrome though.

I believe it's time to ask Sega support. I have run out of ideas.

I believe it's time to ask Sega support. I have run out of ideas.
    I myself have been trying to trouble shoot with Sega support for some time now with no results.
    Geeksquad was going to charge me $200 for support but its not worth it.

Does Windows 7 allows for another online user to jump on and view/use programs on your computer?

This is all that Sega has given me.

"In reviewing this issue I'm going to suggest you attempt a general system and driver software update, a manual uninstall and a desktop reinstall. Here are detailed steps on how to perform these tasks:
    -First please make sure your drivers are up to date. For more information on doing this please visit the Knowledgebase article below.
    http://segaofamerica.zendesk.com/ent...or-performance
    -You should also make sure you have the most recent .Net framework and other Windows updates:
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

-Next go to the "My Games" tab in Steam. Right-click on Shogun 2 and select delete local content. After doing this use a registry cleaner like the one at www.ccleaner.com , you could also consider using the Disc Cleanup utility to make sure that anything related to the game has been removed. Be careful to only delete files, folders and registry key's related to the game, as deleting system files and keys can lead to system wide instability. If you aren't feeling comfortable then create a system restore point and use it if you feel you might have deleted something you should not have.
    Next, make sure you have enabled, “Show hidden files and folders,” in the Folder Options control panel.
    Then delete your script folder. Script folders can be found here:
    Vista: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun 2
    XP: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Shogun 2

Also make sure to delete the Napoleon folder in Program Files\Steam. It can be found here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\shogun 2 total war

-Now disable your anti-virus programs through the configuration window using the following steps:
    1. Under the start menu select ‘Run’
    2. Type “msconifg”
    3. Select the ‘Services’ tab
    4. Uncheck anything related to your system protection/anti-virus
    5. Select the ‘Startup’ tab
    6. Uncheck anything related to your system protection/anti-virus

-Then restart your computer and re-download the game from Steam,.
    -After the install is complete you can download the latest patch by logging into Steam. You can then reactive your antivirus by rechecking them in the config window and restarting your computer.
    Please note that following the steps above will delete your saved game files and any mods you may have installed.

• I am going to suggest that you verify the integrity of, and then defrag, your game cache. To do this:
      1) Load Steam
      2) From the My Games tab, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu
      3) Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache button
      4) Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes
      5) Click the Defragment cache files button

6) Once the defragmentation process has completed, you will be presented with a report detailing the extent of fragmentation
      7) Then proceed to launch the game
      Let me know if this corrects the issue you are experiencing.
      Best Regards,
      SEGA Customer Support

April 09, 2012 12:26"

Once you're logged into Win 7 and I sit in your chair, I can do damn near what I want or need.

Have you tried everything in the Sega PM? I may have missed something.

Geeksquad could not fix this unless they actually played the game and those odds are not good. Leave the money in your pocket.

Edit:

Some things you can do you would be paying them to do would be

1. Run Memtest for at least five passes. A bad stick of ram would not be the first one.
    2. Run chkdsk on your harddrive.
    3. Use a program like Speedfan, PC Wizard, HW Monitor so see your temps and voltages and post them here. I have had parts go bad before.
    Last edited by irishron; April 12, 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Once you're logged into Win 7 and I sit in your chair, I can do damn near what I want or need.

Have you tried everything in the Sega PM? I may have missed something.

Geeksquad could not fix this unless they actually played the game and those odds are not good. Leave the money in your pocket.

Edit:

Some things you can do you would be paying them to do would be

1. Run Memtest for at least five passes. A bad stick of ram would not be the first one.
    2. Run chkdsk on your harddrive.
    3. Use a program like Speedfan, PC Wizard, HW Monitor so see your temps and voltages and post them here. I have had parts go bad before.
    Ugh! How do I get you onto my computer! Must I bring it over to you to get it fixed?!

I tried everything.

Could I maybe try Windows Remote Assistance with ya?

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And could we ask what happened for for this exclamation? What finally kicked in?

And could we ask what happened for for this exclamation? What finally kicked in?
    I did, I kicked the hell out of my computer.

No, I just spend hours in the registry until I finally found what looked to be a toolbar meant for Chrome. I deleted that and then it started. It looks a little hazy and runs a tad slow but thats probably because I tinkered with it so much. At least it's running though.

This is the good thing is it now works.

What may help now after all the tinkering is run disk cleanup and do a deep optimized defrag. Of which reminds, mine's overdue.

i cant run it on win 10
    i coul run it on win 7 wit the same PC
    so what do i need to dellete in the registry?
    can u give me your copy of the registry?

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    i cant run it on win 10
    i coul run it on win 7 wit the same PC
    so what do i need to dellete in the registry?
    can u give me your copy of the registry?
    The Registry only needed to erase incredibar (Chrome supposed taskbar?) that causing the game to crash
    I reccomended to erase your shogun 2 roaming data and see if it works
    because i also have the same problem, before i played at my win 10 home edition and it work, but then i upgrade my win to win 10 pro and it always crash on loading screen.
    but after almost all the suggested things on this forum and steam, the trick erasing shogun 2 appdata works.
    but now i'm also stuck to erase my shogun 2 appdata everytime i want to play.

If somebody has an idea how to fix it, please inform me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123