Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ressurecting,Reborning or Coming Back anyway i will try

Lord of Cats's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Ressurecting,Reborning or Coming Back anyway i will try

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    do you think amazons would be a good addition?
    Yes! The Indian Amazons would be a great addition. They would be awesome archers and have strong chariot units. They fought bare-chest according to legend and so if Markus included them like that, it might cause problems, but I'm sure that if he did add them they will be fully clothed.

Anyway... you have been doing a fantastic job MarkusAntonius! This mod in progress looks amazing. Keep it up! Can't wait untill the first version is released. Cheers! Warrior Cat.

Hey man, great job by the way, I along with many others have been anticipating this "ressurection" since you first post in this thread. I hope you finish soon. You can always add on campaigns after your initial release. I also think a Philip II campaign would be AWESOME!!!!!! Good luck with everything and while I'm at it have some rep.

freyreuxine13's Avatar Libertus

ahm, honestly I dont like amazons. hahaha. as much as possible i hope this mod will look like the one in the alexander film.

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

thanks people. actually as realist as i'm. i tried to add scythians amazons that really existed in the steppes at that time. and that alexander looked for during his campaigns. but the game is full of units so. they will be at least as a ancillary. and i get the conclusion that there is nothing good in fight and kill women. i'm mean is wrong. war is something for men. so let's play this way. actually i only believe in these scythians amazons. whose the tombs were found in russia, and the ones who once lived in the amazon river here at my country. that probably were my ancestors or enemies of them. as i'm part native american. soon i will be back with more news. happy new year for you all.

Lord of Cats's Avatar Vicarius

Oh! You are talking about the Northern Amazons, not the Indian ones. The Northern Amazons (whom the Germanians nicknamed the Valkyrja) married with some the Scythians and their offspring became the Sarmatians. They would have awesome horse archer units if you included them.

Foederatus

It's good to see this mod back in action. First of all, Epirus was ruled by Alexander the Great's uncle, who was also named Alexander. Perhaps Penelopa named her son after her borther but we can not really know. Either way if you are to successfully add Eprius as a playable faction, do not forget that the Epirotes were a mixing of Greeks and Illyrians, therefore their armies would have plenty of diversity, both Illyrian troops as well as Hellenes and Macedonians. Epirus was Alexander's main ally and suplied him with troops for his campaign. The goal of the Epirote kingdom was always to conquer southern Italy and Sicily therefore those regions will have to be in the game, but the Romans were at the time only subjects of the Etruscan league therefore you will have to create a new faction of Etruscan. I will supply you with information on the Etruscan, Celts, Illyrians, and a bit about the Thracians. I am happy to help you with this stuff. I must also add that the Eastern Celts were allied to the Macedonians at that time period. The Dacians were also a major player in politics and economy. One more thing about the Epirotes is that at this time period they had already copied the Macedonian style of warfare. The Illyrians will also have to be split up between three factions; the Panonians, The Dalmatians, and the Dardanians. During this time the Panonians had become a bit more Celtic in their style of warfare but nonetheless the Illyrians were beginning to widely adopt Hellenic warfare and architecture which entered their world from Epirus and major trade centers such as Appolonia, Dyrahium and Salona. Therefore they were building theaters and hippodromes during the time period. The Dardanians were also mixing with the Thracians as well as Macedonians therefore they might have had some phalanx units. The Panonians and Dalmatians had wonderful cavalry both as skirmishers and as lancers for direct combat. Axe throwers were common amongst the northern Illyrians, but the Illyrians were very will known pirates and therefore they already are a Pirate faction. They made trade with the Epirotes, Celts, Germans, Dacians, Thracians, and as well the Etruscans.
    Alexander's army was not just Macedonians, Hellenes and Thracians, but it included very many Illyrians and Celts as well.
    I liked the work I saw, bravo, keep the good work up.
    Have a happy new year.

Foederatus

I forgot to mention that Amazons were perhaps a simple misunderstanding on the part of the Hellenes because Scythian and Samatian Women actually fought besides the men in battle, sme goes for Thracians, Dacians, and perhaps even the Germans.

anyway, happy holidays to you all

Foederatus

Thank you very much.

soo, any updates? and advanced happy new year to you guys (its december 31 here in the Philippines).

"Gracchus, something more cheerful!"-Julius Caesar, HBO's Rome

Foederatus

Happy new year, but there are no updates, sorry.

oh ok, I cant wait to see those hypaspists.

"Gracchus, something more cheerful!"-Julius Caesar, HBO's Rome

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Excellent screenshots, I canīt wait for new updates and release of course

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

So people new year. and new news. now more close of release than ever. recently i changed the event pics. for macedon, persia and india. most of them draws from angus mcbride. but there are classical paints and some indian paints. i took care with the indian ones to don't offend the hindus. so a few images from ramayana. and rest are buddhist and some from changdragupta and asoka. relax no bollywood or hollywood images. just paints. and i've changed the indian interface too. now there are frescoes from gandhara and the ajanta caves in it. the work is almost done just a few things. my fear now is that i don't received all the permissions. maybe i will not be able to release here.
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; March 15, 2013 at 07:53 AM.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great to hear Try to take all the permissions, please, do not endanger your work for such details. And if you can't, just leave the specific stuff out

Praise the gods. I was beginning to suspect that you weren't coming back.

I’m glad there is still progress and you are close to release. I agree with Stath’s suggestion.

I'm glad to see that this is still alive.

Here's a rep for the ones lost.

EDIT: Dang, it doesn't allow me to...
    炸鸡

Any news Markus ? I'm hoping to play this beauty

Miles

Hope this is still moving toward release, it is amazing that Alexander has been so neglected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast