Default Re: =====>DOWNLOAD latest version here<=====

Quote Originally Posted by tag87 View Post
    No chagesto naval battles yet?
    Unfortunately not until now.

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

mhm, sadly :/

I recently found this mod and tried it out but been having some problems. But I don't want to be the ungrateful self-centered jerk, so first I would like to say
    1) Im glad you and whoever helped you took the time to create a WW1 mod. Its an excellent idea and seems like it has alot of potential
    2) When I reach the main menu at first I was thinking...what the crap...this music is lame! then it picks up and now I got it stuck in my head! haha its very catchy, I like it!

I would love for there to be more points, but I haven't really played it... so now for the explanation of my problems...

So before anything is said I have removed all the ACW mod files (that I could find) and the vanilla 'boot' from the start. Downloaded the 4 downloads from that mega something site. I anxiously start the game and set up a custom land battle...however once I click start battle and reach the "loading screen" I catch a glimpse of the loading screen for a split second before it closes off and I see my desktop home page again with a message saying 'Empire Total War has stopped working...' or something like that.

Haha Im sure some of yall know how annoying a problem like this can be when you wait for all the downloads to be complete and make sure everything is just right, wait for the game to load, only to have it not work everytime you try... so help this ol boy out ;P why is it doing this and how can I fix it?

did you place all 6 files in the data and activated the effects, effects2, models and main mod packs?

I am sure I have it activated because everything starts up and works, it even allows me to set up a custom battle...but once I click to start the custom battle it crashes.

I am not sure why it is doing this because I believe I did everything. I wasn't sure if maybe in the data folder I accidentally missed a ACW mod pack file or maybe I accidentally deleted a vanilla pack file so I attached 2 pictures of my Data folder. If you could take a quick look and see if it all looks right.

If it does then what else could be the problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.png   2.png  

djsint2's Avatar Foederatus

Did you delete the acw scripts at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts ?

you gotta place the modfiles all in the data folder...

djsint2's Avatar Foederatus

I know... But if there are still acw textfiles present in that folder, da game keep crashing

some reason today it randomly decided to work when I came home... I did NOT do anything to it, it just work haha. maybe some bug on my computer or the files or something I don't know. Either way I really enjoyed playing the mod though today! I like how you included even minor factions like Mexico in the game because then you can kinda simulate the American and Mexican conflicts at that period too which was fun.

Anyhow point being I had fun and just wanted to let you know I appreciate the time you put into it! I could tell lots of effort went into it. I really enjoyed it and hope that there will be a new version.

If so here is some constructive criticism: the trench system does not feel right at all. Historically, accurately, or entertaining. If this could be reworked, I don't know how, whether custom map or change up the "defensive options" during deployment. Also Ive seen other mods use "vehicles" so maybe you could figure out how to put vehicles into it too, mainly a tank. Other than that I cannot think of anything that really needs to be done because so far Ive really enjoyed this mod! I think its great.

I've really enjoyed it as I said so I don't want to just "take and take", while yall do all the work so Id be willing to give hand if yall need it! I ain't mod savy, but Im good at learning so if you need any help Id be willing. Just let me know

first off: thx for the feedback and i´m glad you got it work and you liked it

If so here is some constructive criticism: the trench system does not feel right at all. Historically, accurately, or entertaining. If this could be reworked, I don't know how, whether custom map or change up the "defensive options" during deployment. Also Ive seen other mods use "vehicles" so maybe you could figure out how to put vehicles into it too, mainly a tank. Other than that I cannot think of anything that really needs to be done because so far Ive really enjoyed this mod! I think its great.
    yeah, this are our main problems....the only way to make realistic trenches would be to make a bunch of custom maps. panzerschreck told me a while ago he´d try to convert his TGW maps to ETW. but i guess he had no time or sth (just like me at the moment) or its barely possible.
    vehicles would be possible i guess, but its a really hard thing to do. we´re still hoping to get a few TGW models converted to ETW engine someday.
    unfortunetally we´ll never be able to place realistic trenches. its just impossible to "dig" holes in an existing battle map

the game wont start.when i delete the mod it starts just fine.

any files of other mods left in the data folder?

nope

****!
    did you activate the mod packs?

yes

thats odd....keep trying, so far everyone got it to work someday!

Same problem as spyrosw9 ; I launch my ETW and nothing happens.

All of my mods have been disabled then removed (inc. patch files) except the 7 files given. (models, effects 1 + 2, main, boot, logo, text)

Also; if I remove ONLY boot + logo + text, it launches fines but no presence of the mod activated.

took me a while to get the mod to launch eventually problem was I didn't remove the boot.pack. but once i got it all running had a lot of fun. and now downloading the newest version. assume i am just going to remove the old file and replace them with the new. but i will figure it out. the only issue I had with the first version that I hope is better with the new is the trench system. I know that you guys are working hard and that this is a very difficult task, and I applaud you guys for taking on this topic that is largely forgotten especially in the US (along with most world history sadly). I would say like i heard in somewhere else but it was a topic on your mod but to have two preset trench system on the battlefield, with the obvious no-mans land in the center. but you could have along with troop deployment also defence deployment ie barbed wire, mines, tank traps, tunnels, and so forth. Also getting a little more off topic, but tanks would be a very good but I'm sure difficult task to accomplish. But all in all great mod and keep up the good work. no rush take your time and make it right.

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Hai gaiz... wen iz nu verzion pliz?