Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Downloads in One Thread! (09/06/12)

debux's Avatar Senator

Default Official Downloads in One Thread! (09/06/12)

Greets Peeps! I just opened this thread in order to have all the official downloads in one thread, nicely ordered (in part because it's rather confusing in the first post, and because the links haven't been updated)

So here they are!

-The Hellenic States v1.0
    Mirror 1 (Moddb)
    Mirror 2 (Rapidshare, oddly enough, it seems the link is semi-broken. If you receive a notice that the file isn't found, reload the page, and it should be solved)
    Mirror 3 (TWCenter)

-The Hellenic States: Cumulative Patch (v0.6)
    Mirror 1 (Rapidshare)
    Mirror 2 (TWC, found at the bottom of this post)
    Mirror 3 (TWCenter, found left of this text)

Instructions:
    -Install RTW, patch to 1.5
    -Extract the "THS.7z" compressed file to your RTW directory (should be like ".../The Creative Assembly/Rome - Total War")
    -Extract the "THS Cumulative Patch V 0.6" compressed file somewhere, then copy the "data" folder within, and paste it inside the "THS" folder that was created on the earlier step (should be in ".../The Creative Assembly/Rome - Total War")
    -Create a Desktop Shortcut by copying any vanilla RTW Desktop Shortcut, left-clicking it and selecting "Properties", then going to the "Shortcut" Tab, and finally adding to the "Target" line the following code: -nm -show_err -mod:THS (putting a space between the original code and the one you add now is vital!)
    -Play the mod through your newly created Desktop Shortcut!
    Optional:
    -Play the mod through either the BI.exe or the Alex.exe of your choosing! Considering you already own it, here are the instructions to make THS usable through any of these more advanced engines (Instructions to play the mod through steam are also included!)
    -Use the Desktop Shortcut provided by Skull here to avoid using the vanilla icon (+rep him if you like it!)

Original Download thread (has screenies of the mod itself + a few units added in the patches)

Please tell me anything I should add here to further improve this kind of "compilation" thread or whatever name you wish to give it .

Enjoy!

P.D.: comrade_general, feel free to sticky this, just a suggestion
    Last edited by debux; August 29, 2012 at 06:38 PM.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Official Downloads in One Thread! (09/06/12)

Well, thanks for these! It's now surely less confusing to download the mod with the patch!

debux's Avatar Senator

Yeah, even though I followed this mod rather closely, it was hard to tell what were the files needed to have the last patch... I hope I cleared it up though
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

I am downloading it now.I hope i have no problem installing it.Been waiting a long time to play this mod.

I can't download the patch

debux's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by solid_k7 View Post
    I can't download the patch
    Strange... link works for me. Can you specify what doesn't let you download it?

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    Strange... link works for me. Can you specify what doesn't let you download it?
    I started downloading it with mega manager and at some point it stoped.I tried again and the same happened.But at last i got it working.Im installing it now....cant wait to play it.

Why not sticky this? It is very organized

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

TWC's download section allows for files up to 100mb. I figured I'd note it here, since TWC is more stable and I've seen quite a few smaller mods that haven't taken advantage of this .
    Last edited by Akaie; August 29, 2012 at 01:18 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

debux's Avatar Senator

Actually, I tried uploading it there... but for some reason, I completely skipped the "Add (files)" option, and was stumped by not finding anything that had the remote look of allowing me to upload (I think I even clicked "My Files" and saw nothing there, oddly enough I didn't notice the option that is directly next to it ). Thanks for the heads up! Will do, extra mirrors are always useful.

EDIT: extra mirrors added! Thank you for the suggestion, Akaie!
    Last edited by debux; August 29, 2012 at 06:33 PM.

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

what happened with this mod? Is this its resurrection?
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

debux's Avatar Senator

Not really a resurrection, this thread is solely to provide all the latest downloads you'll need to get the THS experience. It's also open for it to be "resurrected", if we actually have to use that word

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

well, this subforum have not been used for many, many days before this post, so if not "dead" I can't find another word to call it
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

debux's Avatar Senator

Try "inactive", I wouldn't say it's absolutely dead, there was supposed to be some side development going on, but I'm not sure. Feel free to contribute as well, if you wish

How Do we compress?
    when i right click it says compress to email do i compress to email?

THX

debux's Avatar Senator

...what? Why should you compress? IIRC, the files are compressed already, you just have to "de-compress" them.

how do we de-compress them?

P.S it usually says there is another file named "data" when i cut and paste

Anyway just to make it easier fro me is there any chance that you could send me the THS with the cumulative patch already installed/in the THS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast