Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NEW UNITS SUGGESTION Thread!

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: NEW UNITS SUGGESTION Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by PunitorMaximus View Post
    well we´re gonna get a first campaign with germany, austria hungary, russia and france.
    surprise
    Interesting. I am in.

well we´re gonna get a first campaign with germany, austria hungary, russia and france.
    surprise

wow now thats fast this mod - hope that will be a public beta

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

sure

For the USA can you put the 1st infantry division (The Big Red One) as a unit or group of units?

pics?

They didnt really look any different from the other american units. The only big exception is the #1 on their shoulders. The Big Red one was the first US division to enter europe in WW1.

It would be cool if they had the ability to Inspire other units or something along that line. Thanks you for considering .

ok, there will be some #1 guys available, that give their comrades a morale boost!

No, there shouldnt. The USMC is a separate force. The British Sowar and Sepoy were separate forces, the Ghoorkas were separate force, the various Russian white or red divisions were separate forces, like the various Cossack hosts, the special Latvian and Finn rifles, the Polish and Czech division, the Evzones guard etc. The American 1st is not. It's the first division of their land forces. Big deal.

soooooooo......you´re back comnenus?

I think making a completely different model and uniform is over-doing it, but merely having a "1st Division" in the recruitment que, along with the other AEF divisions, is possible and should be done. You know how the American Revolution mod has all the individual Militia and State regular units? like that, but just with WW1 US Army units.
    That is the flaw in your theory, gentlemen and I will not help you out of it. If you choose to deal with men by means of compulsion, do so. But you will discover that you need the voluntary co-operation of your victims, in many more ways than you can see at present. And your victims should discover that it is their own volition - which you cannot force - that makes you possible. I choose to be consistent and I will obey you in the manner you demand. Whatever you wish me to do, I will do it at the point of a gun. If you sentence me to jail, you will have to send armed men to carry me there - I will not volunteer to move. If you fine me, you will have to seize my property to collect the fine - I will not volunteer to pay it. If you believe that you have the right to force me - use your guns openly. I will not help you to disguise the nature of your action. -Hank Rearden

well im willing to make very famous units, but ofcourse not every single regiment. that´d mean dozens of "units" for each of 20 factions....

There were only 7 US Army Divisions that saw combat in WW1, but I see your point
    That is the flaw in your theory, gentlemen and I will not help you out of it. If you choose to deal with men by means of compulsion, do so. But you will discover that you need the voluntary co-operation of your victims, in many more ways than you can see at present. And your victims should discover that it is their own volition - which you cannot force - that makes you possible. I choose to be consistent and I will obey you in the manner you demand. Whatever you wish me to do, I will do it at the point of a gun. If you sentence me to jail, you will have to send armed men to carry me there - I will not volunteer to move. If you fine me, you will have to seize my property to collect the fine - I will not volunteer to pay it. If you believe that you have the right to force me - use your guns openly. I will not help you to disguise the nature of your action. -Hank Rearden

Hungarian line infantry for Austro-hungarian army. Actually they are the same with "german" line infantry but with different trousers
    http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...=20&pos=51&e=w
    Last edited by Count von Orlok; July 15, 2012 at 04:45 AM.

soooooooo......you´re back comnenus?
    Not quite, and i wont be till mid august. I just found an internet connection and i do what i can with that.

whukid: if they were known by the enemy and the folks i´d make them. did the 1. infantry division so?
    comnenus: enjoy your stay
    count von orlok: you sure its not just a regional adaption? never saw that before.....

The Austrian army (later austro-hungarian) had 2 kind of regiments : "German" and "Hungarian". The german looked like with the one you've created in this mod(Regular Infantry) and the "hungarian" were just like the germans but with differnt trousers (hungarian trousers). See in NTW austrian's line infantry and grenadiers (german and hungarian)

aye, i´ll have a look what i can do
    in fact the a-h forces had 3 parts: 1. austrian army, 2. hungarian army, 3. united army= austrian+hungarian+all other nations(czechs, croatians, romanians, bosnians, etc.)

In fact austrian,czech,italian, slovakian,galician regiments were the "german" regiments. And hungarian,transylvanian,croatian(slavonian) the "hungarian" ones

ahhh i see.
    wegen deinem "von orlok" denk ich mir dass du entweder österreicher oder deutscher bist....stimmt das?

ahhh i see.
    wegen deinem "von orlok" denk ich mir dass du entweder österreicher oder deutscher bist....stimmt das?
    Es ist aus einem Film (Nosferatu) von 1922. Ich bin griechischer , es tut mir leid für mein deutsch...