Page 19 of 175 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Star Trek Thread

Default Re: The Star Trek Thread

omg brown coat revolution down with star trek !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Just have 2 people with phasers shoot at a jedi set on kill at two different parts of the body, i bet he couldn't block that.
    That wouldn't work...that really really really really wouldn't work...

The Jedi would be the X factor. There's nothing in the Trek Universe that could handle a Jedi...A Jedi could walk into Star Fleet...and...kill everyone!(Jedi Mind Trick)...or they could mind trick someone to let them on a ship...Jedi + Federation ship = dead Federation ship

A Jedi with a lightsaber in a closed environment...

While they(starfleet) try sealing off hatches...the Jedi could cut through them or mind trick someone into opening it...

then mal would send a slow slug into jedi brain :O bam im a full blown nerd now.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by morteduzionism View Post
    That wouldn't work...that really really really really wouldn't work...

The Jedi would be the X factor. There's nothing in the Trek Universe that could handle a Jedi...A Jedi could walk into Star Fleet...and...kill everyone!(Jedi Mind Trick)...or they could mind trick someone to let them on a ship...Jedi + Federation ship = dead Federation ship

A Jedi with a lightsaber in a closed environment...

While they(starfleet) try sealing off hatches...the Jedi could cut through them or mind trick someone into opening it...
    Except that in Star Trek they can force field any section of the ship pretty much (inside I mean). How will a Jedi be able to get through a force field and then the area is filled with toxic gas? Besides, the Jedi mind trick only works on weak minded individuals. So, just have Kirk, Riker, Picard, or hell, Data to deal with the Jedi. I bet Q would have fun with Jedi too!

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

omg we have just begun a nerd arms race--- the world could be destroyed with all this jedi vs kirk talk.

Ramashan's Avatar Artifex

Besides, the Jedi mind trick only works on weak minded individuals. So, just have Kirk, Riker, Picard, or hell, Data to deal with the Jedi. I bet Q would have fun with Jedi too!
    Jedi mind trick vs Vulcan neck pinch. I doubt the trick would work on Vulcan's. So, a Vulcan with a phaser on wide beam. Yeah, Jedi 0 Vulcan 1
    Under the Patronage of Lord Condormanius

Content Emeritus

Haha! Nice one! Yeah, I'd love for Spock to deal with a Jedi. Wait, what about a Vulcan Jedi?! That'd kick ass! I've always wanted the Vulcan neck pinch.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger

Feliks's Avatar Ω
    Deep Space Nine, Habitat Ring Two, Section 4

Couldn't they just..um.. transport the jedi into space?

Former Science Reporter for the Helios
    Under the benevolent patronage of
    Annaeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Feliks View Post
    Couldn't they just..um.. transport the jedi into space?
    There ya go. So far that Star Trek 2 / Jedi 0

Content Emeritus

Ya see?! Star Trek could deal with Jedi easily! How would the Jedi get on a Star Trek ship anyway? I could see Jedi using the Jeffrey's Tubes for good use though.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

How did I know that this thread would get into a Star Trek vs Starwars thread?

There should be a new law like godwins law, that once a thread gets started on star trek or star wars, eventually someone will mention the other and the thread will soon degenerate tooa which is better thread.
    Last edited by Kiljan Arslan; July 23, 2007 at 10:08 PM.
    according to exarch I am like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl View Post
    Than what? TOS? TNG? DS9? Voyager? Enterprise?

The last two...I'd say yes but the first three? No way. You haven't crashed any party. You've just made yourself a target!
    Enterprise definately I don't even consider that show cannon.
    according to exarch I am like
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Content Emeritus

Gentlemen, a major piece of information has been exposed about Star Trek XI.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristi...9-a887bd0e4d61

Zachary Quinto's chances of being Spock in the upcoming Star Trek film are looking extremely good. I hear the deal is about to close. Best. Casting. Ever.

Update: Jen here. Following up on K.G.'s brilliant scoop, I checked with a source who confirms that the Zachary Quinto-as-Spock contract is with the business affairs team at Paramount. Business affairs is generally considered the last stop on the deal-negotiation train. The deal only awaits sign-off from outside counsel. Squee.
    http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Main_Page

E! Online's Watch with Kristin reports that 30-year-old Zachary Quinto of NBC's Heroes will portray Spock in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek, pending finalization of his deal with Paramount Pictures.
    I've never watched this Heroes show. It's all Rescue Me that I need from the boob tube. But anyway, this guy sort of has a Spock look to him. Anyone know if he can pull it off?

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

I hope it's good...

Wow, I did not know that. I think he'll be good in the part, he has that non-emotional look down.

I just found out they are going to announce most of the cast Fridy at the San Diego Comicon. Unfortunately I can't go till Saturday (If i can even get in since I procrastinated and its already sold out Grrrrrr)
    Last edited by Ramashan; July 25, 2007 at 12:33 PM.

break in Ramashan!

we must know the cast!
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Life is Rubbish View Post
    break in Ramashan!

we must know the cast!
    I'm sure it'll be all over the net once the announcement it made. But yeah, I still hope my friend is going on Saturday so I can get in as his guest. I suppose I can have him text me as soon as the panel is over so I can get the info up here.

Content Emeritus

More news,

Confirming once again that this is a Kirk/Spock story, the casting kicks off with the announcement of Zachary Quinto as "Spock," who was joined at the presentation by the original himself, Leonard Nimoy. For the record, Nimoy will be donning the ears once more as well, confirming a storyline that would include both a young Spock and his older self.
    http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...dmh=dm4.220124

J.J. Abrams and his creative team for the new Star Trek movie wowed the audience at Comic-Con in San Diego this afternoon as they revealed a casting coup: Heroes star Zachary Quinto will be playing Spock! And, to the delight of all 6,500 in the capacity crowd, Leonard Nimoy joined Quinto on stage as Abrams confirmed the elder Spock's involvement in the new film.
    Here is the new teaser poster,

Last edited by Lord Rahl; July 26, 2007 at 09:38 PM.

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

Now THATS interesting. I didnt know Nimoy was going to be playing Spock as well, i just assumed it was going to be a cameo. Does that mean it's going to include time travel? That's probably good, it means they can include more people that we know from the already established (ie already GOOD) Star Trek.

Doubt it will happen though

the more released about the film the less i want it
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.