Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast

Thread: KLAssurbanipal - UNITS for Rome 1 & mods - new skins & models --- UPDATED: 7.12.2017 ---

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models

Ok here's a new but big problem:

I can't alter the descr_model_battle text file, when'ever I try to save I get the message that access was denied - and just when I was getting the hang of it :S

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models

Quote Originally Posted by Sir. Cunningham View Post
    About the Models_Unit folder, do I have to replace all the original Spartan hoplites with the new Spartan_Heavy_Hoplite.cas file ??
    You simple need to put the new ones in that folder. They are named differently so they will not overwrite anything. Also don`t forget to put the texture(the .tga.dds file) in the location I said above.

Also what do I do with the Unit_Cards provided by KLA ?
    Rename these two files from his pack:
    Spartan_heavy_hoplite_INFO.tga
    #Spartan_heavy_hoplite.tga

to
    greek_hoplite_spartan_INFO.tga
    #greek_hoplite_spartan.tga

and place the first one in this location(you need to create the folders starting with UI since they are not there in your vanilla RTW folder) :
    Rome - Total War\data\UI\UNIT_INFO\GREEK_CITIES
    and the second one place it in :
    Rome - Total War\data\UI\UNITS\GREEK_CITIES

Ok here's a new but big problem:

I can't alter the descr_model_battle text file, when'ever I try to save I get the message that access was denied - and just when I was getting the hang of it :S
    Presumably you have vista. There is a workaround this iirc, but I don`t k know exactly what you need to change to be allowed to mod it. Do a search on the forums. I`m sure there are a number of this kind of threads around in the tech support sub-forum.

Roger I have vista.

Can't find any solution on the board.

I have completed every step except the alteration of the descr_model_battle text file.

Darn and I was soo close !
    Last edited by Sir. Cunningham; September 22, 2007 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks Florin, that worked

Just one tiny problem now, my spartans don't have the falcata as shown on the KLA images, they just have a long roman like straight sword. This problem could perhaps be caused by the fact that I didn't delete the ; infront of the word "texture greek_cities, data" in the entry - I noticed you haven't got the ; infront (Example below).

Code:

type greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos
    skeleton fs_slow_spearman, fs_slow_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    ;texture greek_cities, data/models_unit/textures/Spartan_Heavy_Hoplite.tga
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/Spartan_Heavy_Hoplite.cas, 8
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/Spartan_Heavy_Hoplite.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/Spartan_Heavy_Hoplite.cas, 30
    model_flexi data/models_unit/Spartan_Heavy_Hoplite.cas, max
    ;model_sprite 60.0, data/sprites/greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

PS: Is there perhaps a way to mix the units so that half is using the Spartan_Heavy_Hoplite skin and the other half the Spartan_Officer_Hoplite, I'm sure it would have a very realistic look to it plus would look really cool
    Last edited by Sir. Cunningham; September 23, 2007 at 08:44 AM.

Just one tiny problem now, my spartans don't have the falcata as shown on the KLA images, they just have a long roman like straight sword.
    The shape of the sword has to do with the model and the thing I removed the ; from is the texture(the 2d part of the graphics). I`m not sure why it looks different for you. Maybe you have an older version of the model(or newer)... Otherwise, is he looking the same as in the preview?
    This problem could perhaps be caused by the fact that I didn't delete the infront of the word "texture greek_cities, data" in the entry - I noticed you haven't got the ;infront (Example below).
    I have no idea why that was bared like that so I removed the ;. Frankly I`m surprised it loads the new texture with the ; still in front. Try removing it and see what happens.

PS: Is there perhaps a way to mix the units so that half is using the Spartan_Heavy_Hoplite skin and the other half the Spartan_Officer_Hoplite, I'm sure it would have a very realistic look to it plus would look really cool
    In the same unit? Sadly no. You can only have variations in the same unit in M2TW, not in the RTW platform. What you can do is haveing two units that look differently. Both spartans, both recruitable by greek cities and so on.

The Spartans look exactly as in the preview image except the aren't using a falcata, which is abit dissappointing. I'll ry removing the ; though and see what happens

PS: Thanks for the help Florin80, I've learned allot

Ok tried removing the ; but nothing happened, the Spartans are still using the straight sword. Oddly enough though I used the Corinithian_Hoplite skin by KLA instead of the original armoured_hoplite and it incorperated the falcata.

Ok, a new question, how do I put in the descr_model_battle entries for the Roman legions with their different Family names ?

The original entry for the is like this:

Code:
    type				roman_legionary_cohort_ii
    skeleton			fs_javelinman, fs_slow_swordsman											; throwing javelin
    indiv_range			40
    texture				romans_julii, data/models_unit/textures/unit_roman_legionary_II_julii.tga
    texture				romans_brutii, data/models_unit/textures/unit_roman_legionary_II_brutii.tga
    texture				romans_scipii, data/models_unit/textures/unit_roman_legionary_II_scipii.tga
    texture				romans_senate, data/models_unit/textures/unit_roman_legionary_II_senate.tga
    texture				seleucid, data/models_unit/textures/unit_greek_legionary_seleucid.tga
    model_flexi_m			data/models_unit/unit_roman_legionary_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m			data/models_unit/unit_roman_legionary_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi_m			data/models_unit/unit_roman_legionary_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi			data/models_unit/unit_roman_legionary_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite		seleucid, 60.0, data/sprites/seleucid_roman_legionary_cohort_ii_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		romans_senate, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_senate_roman_legionary_cohort_ii_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		romans_scipii, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_scipii_roman_legionary_cohort_ii_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		romans_brutii, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_brutii_roman_legionary_cohort_ii_sprite.spr
    model_sprite		romans_julii, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_julii_roman_legionary_cohort_ii_sprite.spr
    model_tri			400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    The KLA file I want to replace them with is called Legionary1.cas . I've already added the .tga.dds file in the textures folder and the .cas file in the models_unit folder, all I'm missing is replacing the old entry in the descr_model_battle text file.

Ok, a new question, how do I put in the descr_model_battle entries for the Roman legions with their different Family names ?
    You simple relace the old models with the new ones and you also need to do that with the texture. You didn`t said what name it has so I don`t know.
    Change your entry with this one, but you need to replace those line I`ll color in blue with the name of the file from KLA that ends in .tga.dds
    Jut be sure that you don`t add the .dds at the end in DMB. In other words follow the example from DMB.
    Also, the problem is that the seleucid legionary also uses this entry so you`ll have to change its texture too. So, if KLA hasn`t included different textures for this model you`ll end up with all the romans AND seleucids looking the same.

Code:
    type				roman_legionary_cohort_ii
    skeleton			fs_javelinman, fs_slow_swordsman											; throwing javelin
    indiv_range			40
    texture				romans_julii, data/models_unit/textures/unit_roman_legionary_II_julii.tga
    texture				romans_brutii, data/models_unit/textures/unit_roman_legionary_II_brutii.tga
    texture				romans_scipii, data/models_unit/textures/unit_roman_legionary_II_scipii.tga
    texture				romans_senate, data/models_unit/textures/unit_roman_legionary_II_senate.tga
    texture				seleucid, data/models_unit/textures/unit_greek_legionary_seleucid.tga
    model_flexi_m			data/models_unit/Legionary1.cas, 15
    model_flexi_m			data/models_unit/Legionary1.cas, 30
    model_flexi_m			data/models_unit/Legionary1.cas, 40
    model_flexi			data/models_unit/Legionary1.cas, max
    ;model_sprite		seleucid, 60.0, data/sprites/seleucid_roman_legionary_cohort_ii_sprite.spr
    ;model_sprite		romans_senate, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_senate_roman_legionary_cohort_ii_sprite.spr
    ;model_sprite		romans_scipii, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_scipii_roman_legionary_cohort_ii_sprite.spr
    ;model_sprite		romans_brutii, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_brutii_roman_legionary_cohort_ii_sprite.spr
    ;model_sprite		romans_julii, 60.0, data/sprites/romans_julii_roman_legionary_cohort_ii_sprite.spr
    model_tri			400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

Thanks Florin80, it all works flawlessly

Btw I have a question for you;

Is it possible to make your unit better and/or change their main weapon. For example can I have the Spartans use swords up close as effectively as the Romans, striking as many times ??

If you have them with the phalanx attribute - and looking back I see you do - then they can also have and use swords besides spears and you can give them higher stats for the swords and make them better in that regard. You can`t though make their primary weapon to be the sword becasue the spear was set to that in the model afaik. If you want to increase their sword stats change these two values:
    Code:
    type             greek hoplite spartan
    dictionary       greek_hoplite_spartan      ; Spartan Hoplites
    category         infantry
    class            spearmen
    voice_type       Medium_1
    soldier          greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos, 40, 0, 1.3
    officer          spartan_officer
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, can_sap, very_hardy
    formation        1, 1, 2, 2, 5, square, phalanx
    stat_health      2, 0
    stat_pri         16, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, spear, 25 ,1
    stat_pri_attr    spear, spear_bonus_8
    stat_sec         12, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 25 ,1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  3, 9, 5, leather
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        2
    stat_ground      2, 0, 0, 0
    stat_mental      14, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        2, 1190, 460, 120, 180, 1190
    ownership        greek_cities
    The red one is the attack and the blue one is the charge bonus. Increase those if you want. Also, take a look at the text from teh begining of the EDU(export_descr_unit) because there are short explanations there as to what those numbers stand for.
    Looking at the vanilla legionaries I see they have 9 attack and 3 charge so your spartan is well enough. Plus, check his stat_health. It has 2 hit points while the legionaries only have one.

Thanks Florin

I'm not sure wether I'll alter anything, but for now I'm just going to let it be, the main thing is now I know how to do it

Racer X's Avatar Ordinarius

Haven't looked at your work in some time KLA, it's still great though. Keep up the fine work!

Only gripe is that the Kretan archer most likely didn't wear their small aspis on their arms, as it would be too difficult to wield and shoot at the same time. Most likely their shields were either worn on their backs or lowered on their sides. But this is a minor accuracy problem and of course has nothing to do with your skinning skill, just a suggestion for future Hellenic archers you may create.

Thanks

France: Du Roi Regiment, private, 1720:

France: La Reine Regiment, Infantry in Canada, 1755-57:

Britain: The First Regiment of Foot Guards, 1704:

Russia: Semenovski Gd. Regiment, Narva, 1700:

France: Gardes Francaises, 1740-50:

Hi KLA !

I was wondering if you could maybe model a greek hoplite with black armour, helmet & shield with gold or silver decorations ? When you have time ofcourse. Would be really cool !

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Hey cool units, KLA. Are you creating a new mod featuring the xviii century or is it just for fun?

Hey KLA, u have to fix french unit's names

Régiment du Roi (Privé), 1720 :

Régiment de la Reine (Infanterie au Canada), 1755 - 1757:

Garde Française, 1740 - 1750
    Last edited by HemilcoBarca; October 21, 2007 at 06:58 AM.

In parte operis mei licet mihi praefari, bellum maxime omnium memorabile quae unquam gesta sint me scripturum, quod Hannibale duce Carthaginienses cum populo Romano gessere. Nam neque ualidiores opibus ullae inter se ciuitates gentesque contulerunt arma neque his ipsis tantum unquam uirium aut roboris fuit.

Hi King Louis Assurbanipal!!!
    I was wondering if you will do a new Reign of Ares for the new EB 1.0????
    or
    the last version of Reign of Ares are still compatible with EB 1.0?????

Empire period units are very good and historical
    When you release them?

warluster's Avatar Miles

How many units are there in the EMpires pack?