Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: KLAssurbanipal - UNITS for Rome 1 & mods - new skins & models --- UPDATED: 7.12.2017 ---

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models =update:08.07.2009=

Welcome back!
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models =update:08.07.2009=

Hey KLA I have recently got back into playing RTW because of the wonderful and amazingly skilled modders that are on this site. You guyz continue to breathe life into an amazing game. Your unit skins are excellent the best I've seen in the RTW community. One question, do you have a collection of all your skins avaliable for download at once, or must they be downloaded individually?
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathon Swift

"Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings." Heinrich Heine

Thank you all for your comments of my skins.

QuackyNC, I will upload one pack (KLA:GP2) of all of my work this month.

Some other units that will release this skinpack:

Awesome I will be looking forward to it!
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathon Swift

"Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings." Heinrich Heine

Thank You friend

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models =update:05.11.2009=

hello KLA,
    can put the units of EW (including France, England, etc.)?
    Many compliments for the beautiful work.

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models =update:05.11.2009=

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by King Louise Assurbanipal View Post
    Thank you all for your comments of my skins.

QuackyNC, I will upload one pack (KLA:GP2) of all of my work this month.

Some other units that will release this skinpack:

You do some excellent work, sir. Are these models available for use with other mods? I am looking either to create or with permission use a model of a female barbarian unit for a mod I am working on. I would like to use your model here if you give the permission. There would be some changes to the clothing to fit the mods design. The models themselves I believe, could work with with kingdoms of MTWII.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Really good stuff KLA! I especially like the cavalryman.

Would you consider making an Etruscan spearman unit? I don't think we see nearly enough etruscan stuff.

i think it would look very cool with this model:
    http://www.histomin.com/linermi/mprm5076.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SEBYKIKO View Post
    hello KLA,
    can put the units of EW (including France, England, etc.)?
    Many compliments for the beautiful work.
    I will released these units after Ottoman and Dutch preview Don't worry, before Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Old_King_Coal View Post
    Really good stuff KLA! I especially like the cavalryman.

Would you consider making an Etruscan spearman unit? I don't think we see nearly enough etruscan stuff.

i think it would look very cool with this model:
    http://www.histomin.com/linermi/mprm5076.jpg
    He looks nice I will try make this unit to KLA: GP2

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    You do some excellent work, sir. Are these models available for use with other mods? I am looking either to create or with permission use a model of a female barbarian unit for a mod I am working on. I would like to use your model here if you give the permission. There would be some changes to the clothing to fit the mods design. The models themselves I believe, could work with with kingdoms of MTWII.

Check Your PM

wow man! every time i step in i am amazed ! excellent units +REPZ
    click?

Thank You, my friend

magpie's Avatar Artifex

I am loving your units KLA,They make great armies my friend. Thanks, mags

sponsered by the noble Prisca

magpie, you are great modder, too. Thank you, my friend

Here it is, King Louise

Bestiarii - (don't really have many good pictures for these) These gladiators fought against animals. Bears, lions, etc. I thought about including them in my mod as handlers. But what would they handle? Dogs? So I didn't

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you can see, some of them don't have a hand or part of the arm. That was pretty common amongst Bestiarii because the animals would literally tear them apart.
    The second image is a bit different. The gladiators there look better equiped.

Dimachaerii
    Used two-swords, one in each hand.

My Dimachaeri

Essedari - Celtic style charioteers, likely first brought to Rome from Britain by Caesar.
    I couldn't find any pics of these.

Hoplomachi - Fully armored, and based on Greek hoplites. They wore a helmet with a stylized griffin on the crest, woollen quilted leg wrappings, and shin-guards. They carried a spear in the Hoplite style with a small round shield.

Hoplomachus helmet

My Hoplomachus

Mirmillones (or murmillones): Wore a helmet with a stylized fish on the crest (the mormylos or sea fish), as well as an arm guard (manica). They carried a gladius and an oblong shield in the Gallic style.

Helmet

Retiarii: Carried a trident, a dagger, and a net, a larger manica extending to the shoulder and left side of the chest. Occasionally a metal shoulder shield, or galerus, was added to protect the neck and lower face.

My Retarius

The thing about this one is that creating a net for it, not to mention the animations it would require is a lot of work. Way beyond my skills. So I "addapted" it, as you can see above.

Secutores: Had pretty much the same armour as a murmillo, including oblong shield and a gladius.

Helmet

Thraces: The Thracian was equipped with a broad-rimmed helmet that enclosed the entire head, a small round or square-shaped shield, and two thigh-length greaves. His weapon was the Thracian curved sword, or the sica. Spartacus was a gladiator of the Thracian type, btw!

Helmets and Swords

Velites: Fought on foot, each holding a spear with attached thong in strap for throwing. Named for the early Republican army units of the same name.

Scissores (carvers): Little is known about this ominous sounding gladiator, but I've made some research a while ago and then found some pictures that might look like what they were. Apparently they had they had some kind of scisors for hands...

Samnites - I've seen in many places the Samnites related with the Hoplomachus, wich I really don's see why since they were pretty differente from each other.

From left to right: Retiarius, Thracian, Samnite, Secutor

Great post! thank you friend

I am very sorry for it with all of Thursday did not answer private messages. I am in the French capital, Paris. I'm going to a lot of sightseeing. On Tuesday, I plan to see the tomb of Napoleon. I will try to do a lot of pictures and show you. After returning to home I will add replies to all private messages. Please be patient and understanding.
    Best wishes,
    KLA

This models really very nice.

Excellent work on the units and textures!! I couldn't make any of my rtw videos without your exeptional units.thanks a lot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhQh0...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4uZjZFewLg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIs44...eature=channel

+rep for you KLA !!@

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Hi guys, You can vote here for next KLA's work