Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: KLAssurbanipal - UNITS for Rome 1 & mods - new skins & models --- UPDATED: 7.12.2017 ---

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models ****** update: 07.06.2010 ******

I decided to put a preview on the new site to make it easier to guess the names of units.

Hi there! Here you can see the first of three units previews of the “KLA’s Gold Pack 2” (skinpack). This preview is a puzzle – guess what type of units are shown in the pictures. After guessing that I’ll show the next preview. The released of my last RTW skinpack will be after the revealing all of the 3 previews.

1) Hellenistic
    2) Gladiators
    3) Bronze Age
    4) Ancient Barbarians
    5) Medieval Barbarians
    6) Mythology

Correctly guessed.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Seleucid Cataphract / Agema:

Macedonian Companion Cavalry / Hetairoi:

Imitation Legionnaires:

1 version:

2 version:

Hypaspist:

Silver Shield Hypaspist:

Viking swordsman:

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models ****** update: 07.06.2010 ******

Great looking units, +Rep

Thank you friend

I'm glad that you like it. I decided to reduce skinpack from 3 parts per 40 units to 2 parts per 50 units. Don't deceive you friends, and I will release, but in the truncated format. The reason it is less interesting than I expected. Probably skinpack will download only a dozen people.
    Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; June 09, 2010 at 01:46 PM.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Smashing Work my friend!

I do like your female warriors Scythian archer?

Congratulations on a lovely collection KLA. + rep.

regards, mags

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi,

wonderful units

Hmm, is the warrior beneath the Egyptians and above the Gauls a Sumerian?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

hmm... dare I venture a guess now??

Well... I see among the posted units (in order from top to bottom) what looks to be an improved Herodian horse-archer, a "hoplomachos" gladiator (not sure about him), two version of the "thracian" gladiator, a "secutor" gladiator, a "murmillo" (??? not sure again, he may be a "gallus" rather) - strange I don't see a "retiarius" in there.
    I also see an "anubis" and a "seth-beast" underneath (mythology, right?)

Then comes a "sumerian" spearman (from the "battle standard of ur" no less)

The Celts, I'm not sure about... I see a mix of Gallic spearmen and swordsmen. A couple of them actually look more like Celtiberians, but I can't be sure.

The one with the severed heads in his belt appears to be a German unit. Some sort of "wolf" or "bear" warrior (simply put, a berserker unit).

The next two appear to be Saxon "aedelings" (nobles), judging by the sutton-hoo helmet variants. Perhaps the "heorth-geneatas" (spelling?) and the Saxon general, respectively.

The last two are "fantasy" units, right?

The other units I think have already been identified.

All-in-all great job, my compliments to the "chef"

So where's our next preview? (assuming I guessed right)

wow! excellent stuff there just wow! +REP for your skills, hard work and imagination!
    click?

portu cale 64's Avatar Civis

Hi KLA !

Thanks for the invitation, well, what could I say? Fantastic work once more, who am I to tell you what is good or not?!
    Please keep your work, I, and many others, iīm sure, will support you.
    This forum is proud of you.

portu cale 64
    History lives here!
    Thucydides, Herodotus, Polybius, Xenophon, Pliny, Livy, Plutarch, Strabo here they are the heros !

My Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by hæressiarch View Post
    wow! excellent stuff there just wow! +REP for your skills, hard work and imagination!
    Agreed
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

The guy on the fifth picture is without any doubt Alexander himself. Am I right?
    "I came, I saw, and I didn't believe my eyes!"

No...

Thank you all friends

Please guess from what age and country this knight is from.

I remind to guess the names of gladiators and other units.

justme, Well you think. Your answers are the best but not 100% correctly. You can specify exactly what is in turn in the pictures? Good types of gladiators you thoght, but the add names to pictures.

Sebulba's Avatar Miles

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models ****** update: 18.06.2010 ******

Hello here is my proposals

Picktisch swordsman-pikeman

Roman Auxiliares from gaulsisch tribes

Gaulisch Swordsman

Pictktisch Noble Swordsman

Picktisch head-hurley

Noble swordsman of Frankcs or Allemani

Noble swordsman of Hispanic tribes

mix of "Viking" from "How to train your dragon" and 300 hoplite
    Last edited by Sebulba; June 18, 2010 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Louise Assurbanipal;7542662[URL="http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=11641"
    justme[/URL], Well you think. Your answers are the best but not 100% correctly. You can specify exactly what is in turn in the pictures? Good types of gladiators you thoght, but the add names to pictures.

OK then... let's do the correlation between picture and unit
    Pictures 3 and 4 are two variations of the Seleucid imitation legionary (I think they've already been identified, but doesn't matter)
    Picture 5 is a Hellenistic general - not sure if he's Seleucid, Ptolemaic, Macedonian or whatever, but certainly a hellenistic era strategos
    Picture 6 is the Herodian horse archer
    Pictures 7 and 8 are the hypaspistai and argyraspidai hypaspistai (seleucid) - also identified previously
    Picture 9 is what I believef to be a "hoplomachos" gladiator, but he may rather be a "samnite"
    Picture 10 and 11 are "thraex" gladiators (two variations)
    Picture 12 is the "secutor"
    Picture 13 is the one I called a "murmillo", but is probably the "hoplomachos"
    Picture 16 is Anubis
    Picture 17 is the "Seth beast"
    Picture 19 is the sumerian spearman (from the standard of ur)
    Picture 26 is a berserker (I originally said german, but pictish is in fact more probable)
    Picture 27 and 28 represent saxon elite warriors (heorthgenetas and a general probably)
    Picture 29 is a viking warrior (identified already)
    Picture 30 is again some anglo-saxon (or generally vendel-culture) warrior, perhaps from dark-ages Scandinavia
    Pictures 31 & 32 are certainly fantasy units (female and male barbarian warriors ala "Conan" or what)

As for the one above - some sort of Frankish (in the broad sense) foot knight or man-at-arms from the Crusades-era. I would say late 12th - early 13th century. The pattern on shield and surcote seems familiar but I wouldn't dare to guess.

Fireward77's Avatar Civis

Default Re: KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL - UNITS for RTW & mods - new skins & models ****** update: 18.06.2010 ******

Wow great units KLA! I'd say the picture above is a 13th century Frankish/british knight

Thank you to all good friends!
    magpie, ♔Pom♔, Gäiten, justme, hæressiarch, portu cale 64, mongrel, Vasa121, Sebulba, Fireward77

Pictures 3 and 4 are two variations of the Seleucid imitation legionary
    YES

Picture 5 is a Hellenistic general - not sure if he's Seleucid, Ptolemaic, Macedonian or whatever, but certainly a hellenistic era strategos
    YES
    Phyrrus

Picture 6 is the Herodian horse archer
    YES

Pictures 7 and 8 are the hypaspistai and argyraspidai hypaspistai (seleucid)
    YES

Picture 9 is what I believef to be a "hoplomachos" gladiator, but he may rather be a "samnite"
    YES
    Samnite

Picture 10 and 11 are "thraex" gladiators (two variations)
    YES

Picture 12 is the "secutor"
    YES

Picture 13 is the one I called a "murmillo", but is probably the "hoplomachos"
    YES
    Myrmila

Picture 16 is Anubis
    YES
    Priest of Anubis

Picture 17 is the "Seth beast"
    YES

Picture 19 is the sumerian spearman (from the standard of ur)
    YES

Picture 26 is a berserker (I originally said german, but pictish is in fact more probable)
    YES

Picture 27 and 28 represent saxon elite warriors (heorthgenetas and a general probably)
    YES
    First is Saxon Nobleman, Second is Viking chieftain

Picture 29 is a viking warrior (identified already)
    YES

Picture 30 is again some anglo-saxon (or generally vendel-culture) warrior, perhaps from dark-ages Scandinavia
    YES
    Viking elite

Pictures 31 & 32 are certainly fantasy units (female and male barbarian warriors ala "Conan" or what)
    YES
    They are legendary heroes Viking's mythology.

I'd say the picture above is a 13th century Frankish/british knight
    YES
    13th century English Knight.

Hi, King Louise Assurbanipal, congratulations again for your great work. Please, could you pass me the files of this tracian archer (in the middle):

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3...rocarzejs9.jpg

Please, Please, Please, pass me that tracian unit......... itīs cool. And if you have the ui cards, it would be great.

Thank you...

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Hi KLA

Great work on the units.
    Will these units be made available soon for modders to use?
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Thank you friends Atahualpa and midnite

Quote Originally Posted by Atahualpa View Post
    Hi, King Louise Assurbanipal, congratulations again for your great work. Please, could you pass me the files of this tracian archer (in the middle):

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3...rocarzejs9.jpg

Please, Please, Please, pass me that tracian unit......... itīs cool. And if you have the ui cards, it would be great.

Thank you...

I have to find it. I'm not sure whether I have it still on the disk.
    Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; June 28, 2010 at 04:56 AM.

in next week next preview

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    Hi KLA

Great work on the units.
    Will these units be made available soon for modders to use?
    Yes, I will release in July.