View Poll Results: Vote for your two favourite tales!

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Submission 1

7 63.64%
  • Submission 2

3 27.27%
  • Submission 3

4 36.36%
  • Submission 4

5 45.45%
  • Submission 5

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: TotW 161: It's a new dawn, it's a new day... - VOTE NOW

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default TotW 161: It's a new dawn, it's a new day... - VOTE NOW

It's a new dawn, it's a new day...

You have two votes, which must be used.

Submission 1
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Anhalan woke. It was the dawn of a new day, and he had barely slept a wink. War cries, death cries, musket fire and fires had kept him awake, which was why he went into an alleyway. Did it help? Well he thought so; he was able to get a little rest. Well maybe if he removed his breastplate he could have slept longer and better. As one of the one million War Volunteers, he did not really have an officer that would look for him, so few would have thought it odd to see him lying around in an alleyway.

Despite all of the death that had happened and was continuing to happen as well as his lack of sleep, Anhalan was happy. The light shining from sun as it was climbing higher into the sky mixed with the early morning mist, giving it a golden color. The mist was almost the same color as the golden sand that he was when he and his comrades had landed yesterday. Of course he loved it, he should love it. The golden colors that filled the air and covered the ground were the colors of his people’s homeland, this land. This was what the fighting was all about, the reclamation of the Janakan homeland…and Regia’s punishment too.

The latter reason Anhalan did not agree with. The way they were punishing Regia was absolutely barbaric. The order was to exterminate everyone who lived in the city, every man, woman and child, regardless of innocence. He was fortunate that he had not encountered any living civilian yet, but even if he did he would do everything in his power to prevent himself from taking an innocent life, but what if one of his comrades were going to do so? As he thought about this, his happiness was replaced with sadness.

Anhalan shook his head trying to get that thought out of his mind. “No! No, I shouldn’t think about it. It will only make life complicated.” He said, grabbing his musket as he stood up. Walking out of the alleyway, a soldier approached him, “Shouldn’t think about what?” he said.

Anhalan looked at the soldier, “Well I have been wondering what I will do if I encounter an unarmed person.” He said reluctantly.

The soldier stared at him. “You’re going to worry yourself to death. Look, I get it, you can’t bear to kill some innocent person, but that’s not going to change anything. All of the Regians in this city will die. Your only option is whether that will be a quick or an agonizing death, and if you’re a decent man you will choose the former.” The soldier said.

“Instead, focus on the positives such as a new home when the war is over. Now come on, I hear the Janak Legionnaires are planning on taking the castle today.” He said as he started walking away. Anhalan smiled and followed.

Submission 2

It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day

The mist clung to my throat as I gasped for shallow breaths. Although it was barely dawn and my dayof terrors had only just begun.

Oh how I wished that my life could change. How I wish these endless days of running for my worthless life as I was chased would be over. I am hunted for a crime I did not commit shunned for a person I did not kill.

And here I am in a swamp, a waste land. Where the mist never dies and I can only ever tell whether it is morning or night by the flicker of light that comes through the shrouded mist.

All I want is for my life to change. All I want is for the hunt to stop and to finally be able to return home.

But I hear them now their footsteps.. I hear them coming as they trod through the water, the murky, muddy and shallow water.

But I hide here in my cave whimpering and whispering to myself. Asking for it to all be over. For the pain and torture to end is all I ask.

But I see them now they are creeping closer and closer to where I hide. I hear their footsteps as they clamber through the water. I hear them muttering and cursing. But the thing I hear most.... is death.

Submission 3

Would my life ever change, or was I doomed to wake up each dawn with mist in my eyes, struggling to make it through the day? Take that Derpy, I only used one sentence. Now I have 463 words left (Pro Tip: Numbers don't count!) to write a steamy fanfiction of Shankbot and Hesus. This is gonna be *bam*

-------------

The Fluffy CJ: "Ow my head...where am I?"

Unknown Assailant #1 (Spoiler: There's more than one!): "You have been brought to the depths of the Thema Devia to suffer for your attempted crimes."

The Cuddly CJ: "What, you mean write erotic fanfiction about site members? Pretty sure that's the whole point of the Thema Devia. Just look at the Say Cheese thread."

Unknown Assailant #2: "That may be, but you were doing so without the explicit permission of the subjects."

Warm and Fuzzy CJ: "I was gonna use Spankbot and Jesus, you can't prove anything. Plus Shank seems to not care about the topic of your writing so long as you are writing."

UA#1: "And you still aren't writing your AAR you lazy slob."

Wise and Knowing CJ: "Aha! So it's you Shankbot, my mortal foe. You dare seek to hide the truth from the world, of your relationship with Hesus?"

UA#2: "And what relationship do we share, Jeb of the Confederates?"

Awesome at Excuses CJ: "That you both are of the de Doemloze crime family, and seek to bring back the days of shirtless dudes posting pictures of each other in the Say Cheese thread. The sheer horror of nerds in those pictures nearly tore the fabric of our fair website apart. I planned on exposing your scheme to the users with my story. Why would you want to bring such darkness back to TWC?"

Master Villain Shankbot: "So that I could make everyone write essay after essay on each photo, that's why!"

Justice Incarnate CJ: "Fiend! Everyone would flock to the Org, leaving you in control."

The Dragon Hesus: "That's right, and there's nothing you can do about it Jeb!"

Big Bad Duo Shankbot and Hesus: "MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

The Batman CJ: "Who else have you recruited into this diabolical plot?"

Darth Shankbot: "Radzeer provides the muscle, making sure each and every user submits essay or else be sentenced to bad remixes of Justin Beiber songs. robinzx reviews each and every essay and nitpicks more than a college physics professor, all the while taunting writers with his lack of proper capitalization. Nothing is more annoying than hypocrisy."

Anti-Hero CJ: "This plan is pure evil. I will see to it that you are stopped."

Notorious Gangsta Hesus: "Oh yeah? You and what army?"

Strategically Sound CJ: "Just me and the power of writing cliches! Suck on kidnapped princess, completely obvious betrayals, and M. Night Shymalan 'TWISTS!'"

Defeated Foes Shankbot and Hesus: "NOOOOOOOOO!"

-------------

And that's how I learned that barraging members with anything by M. Night Shymalan was against the ToS. Anyway, the moral is I beat Derpy. Suck it Trebek.

Submission 4

I clutched a ticket in my palm tightly - a ticket containing numbers that for many would mean the difference between life and death.

And so did others around me - hundreds of people bunched together in a spacious hall, all silent and tense with their every nerve strained to a dreadful degree. Every single one listening to the announcements like nothing else mattered.

“Sixty-eight” – a voice echoed throughout the hall, like a merciless judge it slowly crawled towards the verdict. And after each passing moment more and more people cried out in despair or denial as their hope was cut to pieces by the announcements.

“Twelve”

I looked at my ticket and noticed that I’m still eligible. Why? Why do I still have a chance at a fresh start? When so many of us have lost it... Is it because I’m special?

I observed the people around me - their sullen, tired faces, their tense bodies, the feeling of desperation they give away. Don’t these people deserve a chance for change more than I do? Haven’t they suffered enough? Or is death the only salvation they’ll receive?

“Twenty-seven”

I looked at my ticket again, just to make sure. But I was not mistaken – those are my numbers. I won.
    Should I be happy? Or should I feel guilty for winning when everyone else lost?

“He’s got the winning ticket!”- A female voice shouted behind me. But before I could react, I noticed that I was already lying on the floor, with what seemed like my own blood quickly spreading across it.

I watched the people fighting for that one little winning ticket, the floor changing its’ color to red, while a mist covered my vision – slowly turning into a solid wall of darkness, threatening to swallow my consciousness.

So that’s what they meant by naming it “It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day”……a new dawn for the survivor and a new day…without me…

Submission 5

It's A New Dawn, It's A New Day

Morning mist rolling softly and gently covers the downs, filling the valley below,
    Draping itself serenely over the ground, smoothing out the lands imperfections,
    Coiling slowly it pushes up around the hills making of each a tonsured crown,
    The suns first tentative rays creep across the misty pillows with a golden light.

The dawn manifests with a silent stealth, stealing in from the East above the mist,
    Each beam as it illuminates the misty clouds, heralds its doom, burning it slowly away,
    With mellifluous grace, sunlight ushers the mist down and off the dewy slopes,
    Remnants of the mist seep slowly away, thin tendrils tenderly clutching each height.

A new day arises, the mists abandon their highest conquests and regroup below,
    Tree tops start to poke through, straggly branches shredding their foggy coats,
    Swirling in the valley depths, shrouding away from view the glistening streams,
    Thinning now, flimsy reminders of their glorious majesty, their vanquished might.

The sun leaps in victorious tumult, dancing across each tree top, a fiery jig,
    The air warms and the last of the mists clear, revealing the valley floor,
    Encased in factories and foundries, each a scar in the land, spewing their filthy vapours,
    With the mist defeated, the landscape changes, the soft and rolling curves show their plight.

A life of grime revealed by the death of the night, the poisonous fumes rise,
    Replacing the gentle nightly mist with their dirty brown and yellow smogs,
    Headlights cut through as the workers start their toil, sirens and whistles call their masses,
    Each tearing away the last of the nights deception, baring the misery for all to behold.

Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; October 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Default Re: TotW 161: It's a new dawn, it's a new day... - VOTE NOW

Le voted.

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Me to!
    I voted for myself and two others that I thought were awsome. Dont hate on me for voting for myself! With the people I am versing its probaly the only vote I will get!

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by Tigellinus; October 16, 2012 at 02:47 AM.

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Well as you only have two votes that could awkward

Voted.

Quote Originally Posted by ybbon66 View Post
    Well as you only have two votes that could awkward

Voted.
    WHAT? Wonderful then I voted for other peoples and not mine I will be selfish here and say DAMN why couldnt I get my vote!!!!!!!

Sadness

Voted. Good luck for me.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Tigellinus you need to PM Radzeer to get him to take off one of your votes.

It does say two....

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post
    It does say two....
    Poll edited, based on this information:

Quote Originally Posted by Tigellinus View Post
    Wonderful then I voted for other peoples and not mine

It does say two....
    They can keep my votes I gave them my vote because they had a good story and they deserve the vote much more then me so I am fine!

I know but I was going off your PM saying I voted once and next time I should use all three. I must have read something wrong (well yes that is kind of obvious sorry)

Sorry Shanks

Thanks

Tigellinus

EDIt. Radzeer has already edited it so I cant do anything about that now. Haha thanks Rad! (Seriously thanks)

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Don't worry about it, it happens sometimes. As long as you own up to the problem, no harm done so all is good

Rex Anglorvm's Avatar Wrinkly Wordsmith

Voted for two I think

Citizen

Blog Entries

@Tig, what ybbon said. No worries.

Just don't make a habit of it.

EDIT: And Rex yes you have voted for 3..... PM Radzeer please.
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; October 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM.

@Tig, what ybbon said. No worries.

Just don't make a habit of it.

Ok Thanks Shanks and Ybbon

Rex you did it as well! I'm not alone YAY!

I'm joking Rex dont worry '

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Anglorvm View Post
    Voted for two I think
    You guys make me work for my money!

@Rex: PM me your choices and I edit the poll.

Rex Anglorvm's Avatar Wrinkly Wordsmith

Whoops... PM set

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Radzeer View Post
    You guys make me work for my money!

@Rex: PM me your choices and I edit the poll.
    What money

After a heroic charge, my men and I were able to get to the voting booth, but they all died from a severe case of Bullet to the Headitis. Very tragic. So alone I went ahead to place my votes in their memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Anglorvm View Post
    Whoops... PM set
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by ☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩ View Post
    What money
    Sort of like Monopoly money...

Voted.