Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.6 for Third Age 3.2.. Nice gaming summervacation!

No you will not

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.6 for Third Age 3.2.. Nice gaming summervacation!

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    What version of MOS are you running?
    Can you attach a copy of your save game before the crash occurs?

mos 1.6
    if you could simply telll me how to do it i will be glad to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by franznikoforos View Post
    mos 1.6
    if you could simply telll me how to do it i will be glad to do so!
    Convert your savegame into .rar or .zip type ( using WinRar or WinZip program, can be found online ) then,Go to Advanced Posting, and upload your savegame.rar file as an Attachment by using Attachments function next to Smiley function.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Are there any unused hidden resources? Neither atlantic nor horses seem to be placed in any regions.

An another note, this is an excellent mod! Thank you for all of your hard work!

I don't seem to be able to edit my post... anyway, horses are placed but not used by any units of buildings.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; August 26, 2013 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Merging double post..

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Hobo View Post
    Are there any unused hidden resources? Neither atlantic nor horses seem to be placed in any regions.

An another note, this is an excellent mod! Thank you for all of your hard work!

I don't seem to be able to edit my post... anyway, horses are placed but not used by any units of buildings.

You can only edit posts after 20 or 25 postings.

Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; August 26, 2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Continuity..

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Convert your savegame into .rar or .zip type ( using WinRar or WinZip program, can be found online ) then,Go to Advanced Posting, and upload your savegame.rar file as an Attachment by using Attachments function next to Smiley function.
    thanks! here we go:

The Reunited Kingdom.rar

Civis

It would be greate if you could wait until the next release of the firefreaks map. Those bugfixes and changes are very important I think.
    Anyway the Mos are using the new dynamic garrison script?
    Last edited by begri; August 26, 2013 at 08:07 AM.

Malagant's Avatar Libertus

Hi guy's,

i have a question. maybe a stupid one, but anyway... if i want to modify a little bit the "descr_strat" - file, i always get this message if i start a new campaign = "Please select a item form the list" (after clicking "Third Age Campaign")... i do nothing more the to add more Kings purse to Gondor maybe... i hope one of you can answer me the question why this happen now in MOS 1.60..
    Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Moveric's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Malagant View Post
    Hi guy's, i have a question. maybe a stupid one, but anyway... if i want to modify a little bit the "descr_strat" - file, i always get this message if i start a new campaign = "Please select a item form the list" (after clicking "Third Age Campaign")... i do nothing more the to add more Kings purse to Gondor maybe... i hope one of you can answer me the question why this happen now in MOS 1.60..
    Yup. These happened to me either, but i made a copy of the editing file and when i overwrite it it helped. Make sure you didint edit any other types of files (some time ago i opened something else than txt, and get message that you mentioned. I tried everything and only complete reinstal worked).

Thanks Moveric, but it doesn't help on me. so i make a copy of the edited descr_strat and overrite the origianl one from MOS 1.60. The same problem, "Please select a item form the list"

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by franznikoforos View Post
    thanks! here we go:
    Download and extract the export_descr_character_traits.txt attached below.
    Make a backup copy of your original.
    Overwrite the old file with the new one.
    Run the Cleaner.bat file located in your installation folder.
    Continue with your campaign.
    (i.e. this is save game compatible)

Quote Originally Posted by begri View Post
    It would be greate if you could wait until the next release of the firefreaks map. Those bugfixes and changes are very important I think.
    Anyway the Mos are using the new dynamic garrison script?
    We are looking forward to including FireFreak111's latest version in MOS v1.61 patch.
    As of MOS v1.60, the dynamic garrison script is not included.

Quote Originally Posted by Malagant View Post
    Thanks Moveric, but it doesn't help on me. so i make a copy of the edited descr_strat and overrite the origianl one from MOS 1.60. The same problem, "Please select a item form the list"
    Use Notepad++ to edit any files in M2TW. If you use an editor that adds formatting to the file, it will not work. Also be sure that the file is not 'read-only'.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Hm... So complete reinstal MUST help I always make original copy of files which i want to edit in case I will mess something up i can repair it. Usually works.

Thanks a lot Stylix!! it works with the Notepad++ :-)

thanks!!

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.5 for Third Age 3.2.. Nice gaming summervacation!

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    MOSv1.60 Released!

I am pleased to announce that MOS v1.60 is now available for downloading and installation.
    The link below is an upgrade version and requires a working installation of MOS v1.50 to be installed before applying the upgrade.

MOS v1.60 Upgrade

1. Download the upgrade file from the link above to your desktop or other file storage area.
    2. Double-left-click on the exe file or right-click and select 'Open'.
    3. Follow the instructions include in the installation application.
    4. Be sure to leave the check box selected near the end of the installation.
    5. Start the mod using the icon created during this process.
    6. Enjoy this new version of Middle-earth!

I hope that the OP and Tree Knee's site will be updated shortly with the link as well.
    If anyone has trouble accessing MEGA, an alternate hosting site can be provided.

Changes for MOS v1.60:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - New DaC map by Firefreak111
    - New Custom settlements (v3.3) by leo.civil.uefs
    - Resurrect factions script fixed
    - All units spawned in Diplomacy & Invasion script should now have free upkeep.
    - Added new unit for Lorien Elves (Galadhrim Lancers); replaced Silvan Horsearchers
    - Added new unit for Dunland (Enedwaith Stalkers)
    - Increased law bonus for the AI in their major settlements (hoping to reduce rebellion in key settlements)
    - New unit animations by Warman222 (WIP) [Not included at this time, work not completed]
    - Modified Carl the Taxman Money Script by Mank
    - Improved settlement upgrade cards by Fozzie
    - Fixed Aragorn's RPG (army of the dead not despawning)
    PERFECTION !

HI everyone.

Loving the MOS mod. Some bugs here and there. But I'm so addicted to the game, I just always save and reload if I get any crashes cause i don't want to brother with re-installing the game. LOL... But there is one thing with the counter invasion mod I believe. I play Dwarfs campaign. And I love the Raven nest so that I may get help from Dale when its needed. My problem with this, is that the reinforcements spawn way to far from Erobas. With paved roads, it takes 2 turns before he can attack the siege. By then, they either lifted the siege, Attacked with me defending, or I lost Erobas. Is this normal?? or is there a way to have them spawn closer to Erobas??

Change v 1.60
    - Increased law bonus for the AI in their major settlements (hoping to reduce rebellion in key settlements)

I think that the law bonus need still to be highter. In previous version of MOS settelement Thorin Halls was like a bandit camp in further game, and silly Dwarves dont give a f... about it
    Now in 1.60 the name of this city changed into something I can spell right (buzra-dun ) but the it is still located, more or less, the same. I'm at 102 turn HE on VH/VH and gave them (Dwarves) several time aid; simply took the city from rebels and gave it back.
    In my opinion it shouldnt be like that, they held the city for so long, their culture there is strong and suddenly a more than 1k orc rebels appeared.
    I didnt noticed similar things in other faction but maybe I missed them.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by 808tiki View Post
    HI everyone.

Loving the MOS mod. Some bugs here and there. But I'm so addicted to the game, I just always save and reload if I get any crashes cause i don't want to brother with re-installing the game. LOL... But there is one thing with the counter invasion mod I believe. I play Dwarfs campaign. And I love the Raven nest so that I may get help from Dale when its needed. My problem with this, is that the reinforcements spawn way to far from Erobas. With paved roads, it takes 2 turns before he can attack the siege. By then, they either lifted the siege, Attacked with me defending, or I lost Erobas. Is this normal?? or is there a way to have them spawn closer to Erobas??
    Edit: Sorry I mean Erebor, not Erobas. Thank u

Quote Originally Posted by 808tiki View Post
    Edit: Sorry I mean Erebor, not Erobas. Thank u
    I think that all get the point of your post anyway.

BTW the hibrid of Edoras and Erebor would be interesting. Can't wait for the custom settelement

The mighty dwarf horsemen, right?