Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.6 for Third Age 3.2.. Nice gaming summervacation!

Quote Originally Posted by benczeb90 View Post
    The mighty dwarf horsemen, right?
    You surely mean ponydwarves, right?

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.6 for Third Age 3.2.. Nice gaming summervacation!

I stand corrected

HI.I have a problem with the installation of mos 1.6 on my computer.I installed tatw with patch 3.1 and 3.2 then mos 1.50 full installation that works perfect,but when i installed 1.60(i did run cleaner.bat after)it just crashes when i am on the loading screen.please help!

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

is there any possibility in adding more umbar units in the future? possibly umbar pikemen or umbar shield and swordsmen

Quote Originally Posted by mario6 View Post
    HI.I have a problem with the installation of mos 1.6 on my computer.I installed tatw with patch 3.1 and 3.2 then mos 1.50 full installation that works perfect,but when i installed 1.60(i did run cleaner.bat after)it just crashes when i am on the loading screen.please help!
    Hi there!

Wrong installation step.. If you have Windows Vista, 7 or 8 , be sure to edit security for your main M2TW folder, more info on how to do this in the first post of MOS Thread. After that, do these steps bellow:

1. Uninstall TATW and MOS ( you can just delete Folder where TATW + MOS is installed from your M2TW/ mods folder)

2. Install all four TATW Installers up to TATW 3.2 version, check does TATW work and can you start a campaign.

3. Install MOS 1.5, run Cleaner.bat file, check does it work and can you start a campaign.

4. Run Cleaner.bat file AGAIN, and, install MOS 1.6. Run Cleaner.bat again after that.

More info can be found in first post of MOS Thread.

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

@Gratzy2

Good idea. Additionally, some Tharbad untis for Arnor (like Dol Amroth and Pelargir swordsmen/spearmen/marines for Gondor) would be great. Not my idea btw.
    Last edited by benczeb90; August 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Just wondering if the 1.6 conversion will affect the data on my vanilla files. Yes I have separate folders, but when I made a new folder for MOS, Vanilla still lost all save data.

Hey, is the guldur hidden resource redundant? After all, Dol Guldur is the only region with both mirkwood and black. Just wondering!

Hi guys

First of all i would like to say a big gratz to 1.60 an ever improving mod.

But i would like to raise a issue with the Dwarfs and their placement at the beginning on the map. I'm pretty sure other people have raised such issues but i feel with the starting location at either end of the map that maybe in the future maybe they could be separate factions? I would like to point out that this just an opinion and the gameplay and other factions are first class and again gratz to a great game.

I guess this has been brought up, but all the town/castle icons are blacksmith icon for gondor (at least)
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

I believe that's part of the Unofficial patch.

Moveric's Avatar Foederatus

I have CTD when I try to enter the battle ( OoMM are besieging me at mountain location ).
    Running cleaner didnt help.

I attach my save game file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Leggy View Post
    I believe that's part of the Unofficial patch.
    Hmm okey..any reason for this?
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Hmm okey..any reason for this?
    You might want to check the 3.3 unofficial patch [RELEASED!] thread started by Leo.

Among a lot of other info you would find the following text:

New icons and descriptions for upgrading settlements. The ones in vanilla actually never matched reality. They were wall images, but when you upgrade the settlement you dont upgrade just the wall but all the settlment itself. For TATW, there is custom settlements wich dont even has walls. And as now factions like gondor will have stone walls for places where there was wooden ones before (large_towns), I've changed all these images to a generic building image. Each upgrade will show new descriptions matching the new system. The same goes to castles. So now upgrades in settlements will really worth a read on their descriptions! No more orc encampments with wooden palisades showing large stone walls descriptions, no more "God" quoted in fortress descriptions etc. Now everything is more to the LOTR mood.

I personally am not convinced that it's an improvement because the wall pictures IMO did a very good job at instantly showing the status of the settlement and the possible upgrade. To me it's only a very small annoyance however.

I'm now experiencing crashes when spiders are involved in battles. Rebel spiders seem to be just fine, however the spiders that Mordor has access to cause an instant CTD on the battle map.

Any idea from the powers that be on how this might be fixed?
    Last edited by Jmonstra; August 28, 2013 at 03:41 AM.

I read some where on another thread. Saying that, if you don't get the "welcome to Middle-Earth" message. That I need to reinstall my game. I never completed a full game yet, and it was said that certain events will be bugged or wont accrue. Is this true?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 808tiki View Post
    I read some where on another thread. Saying that, if you don't get the "welcome to Middle-Earth" message. That I need to reinstall my game. I never completed a full game yet, and it was said that certain events will be bugged or wont accrue. Is this true?
    as far as I know, you don't need to see any welcome messagge in MOS; it was a standard in regular TATW game IIRC.

Anyway, just installed 1.6 yesterday night, played for no more than 2 hours, but everything seems to be ok, looks also quite faster, both during end turn and in the battlefield; firefreak's map is simply great

one question: are the historical battles meant to work? I suppose the answer is no, please confirm

one notice: on both Lorien starting settlements the "Mallorns" building is present twice per each of them.

I'll give more feedback in the future if I'll see other issues.

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

I installed it, it starts, but.. Lorien elves and Dunland have no description as faction, and when I tried to start as the Dwarves it just went back to the main menu.
    Could always use some views, so dunno if I can advertise or not. *Shrug*
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kennyboy0077 I do Let's Plays mostly at current, could use some views. ^^'

Moveric's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Squeecky View Post
    I installed it, it starts, but.. Lorien elves and Dunland have no description as faction, and when I tried to start as the Dwarves it just went back to the main menu.

• Have you run CLEANER.bat after EACH instal?
    • Witch version of MOS are you playing?

These issiues might appear when you dont use CLEANER.bat in your Medieval II Total War/Mods/Third_age folder.

Step by step:

1. Instal TATW vanilla
    2. Instal Patch 3.1 and 3.2
    3. Instal MOS 1.5 - RUN CLEANER
    4. Instal MOS 1.6 - RUN CLEANER

The SilvanElve NL's Avatar Civis

Can't wait for the 1.6.1 patch