Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.6 for Third Age 3.2.. Nice gaming summervacation!

Incase nobody mentioned it already, it seems 1.6 broke the Legio submod. Not exactly critical but I really like the extra flavour it adds so don't really want to play an Isengard campaign without it.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. released 1.6 for Third Age 3.2.. Nice gaming summervacation!

Okay. I downloaded MOS v1.5 Full install. And it worked, but when i patched it to 1.6 it doesnt work. Here is the concent of my third age.bat : cd ..\..start kingdoms.exe @mods\Third_Age_3\TATW.cfgcd mods\Third_Age_3\wscript G5BAISwitcher.vbsAnd here is the concent from TATW.cfg: [features]editor = truemod = mods/Third_Age_3[io]file_first = true[log]to = logs/system.log.txtlevel = ai.ltgd trace[video];windowed = true;movies = falseshow_banners = 0[misc]show_hud_date = true;bypass_sprite_script = 1;rebuild_geography_db = true[game]unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 0unit_size = hugeadvisor_verbosity = 0;event_cutscenes = 0Just one part!Also what the is wrong with the forums?
    Last edited by NejkoPejko; September 09, 2013 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NejkoPejko View Post
    Okay. I downloaded MOS v1.5 Full install. And it worked, but when i patched it to 1.6 it doesnt work.
    The Forums are suffering from massive increase of Users due to Rome II TW being relased.. The Administrators are trying to fix this.

Back to your MOS issues..

1. Get MOS 1.5 working, test it can you open it and start a campaign.

2. If it works, exit MOS, and run Cleaner.bat file.. ( if you have free space on your HDD, then make a backup of Folder where MOS 1.5 is installed, so if installation of MOS 1.6 doesn`t work, just replace the failed folder with this backed up. )

3. Install MOS 1.6 Patch, be sure to install it in the correct folder ( your destination path has to end with the location of your / M2TW/ mods/ Third_Age_3 ) Overwrite files when asked, leave that box checked at the end of installation so it can run Cleaner.bat file.

4. Go to your M2TW/ mods/ Third_Age_3 folder, and run Cleaner.bat file again. Check does it work now by clicking on Third Age.bat file located in your M2TW/ mods/ Third_Age_3 folder.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I just told you like 4 times. I did that exact thing 4 times. MOS 1.5 worked, i ran cleaner.bat 3 times after each instalation.

Then redownload MOS 1.6 Patch, and give another try.. Don't know what else to tell you.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

So you are telling me i reinstalled 8 times just to download again? Well i can honestly say that was a waste of time...

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

A bit of feedback on MOS 1.6The Army of the Dead is imba, Aragorn can get it around Turn 35 and keep it forever; 157 def! Even Sauron is going to be a piece of cake.I left them at Dunharrow, but as Mordor and Isengard overran Rohan I moved them up into Dunland that I was in the process of reconquering. I now have them with a 10 command - 10 dread general and an elite Arnor stack. Nothing can stand against them. It gets boring, no battle is a challenge for that stack.On the other hand they need it, for it seems Isengard has become slightly too strong and overrun Rohan and Gondor, the latter allowing Harad and Mordor to also go on rampages there are perhaps 40+ fullstacks from each evil factions and Gondor, Rohan, Silvan and Lorien are only alive because of FPoE giving them provinces and aid.I still love the map and the mod.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

WTF is up with the forum? Totally wrecks the layout of posts now by removing >Enter< Etc. :-(

Lotta Rome 2 people

Ok does anyone know how to reenable battle time limit in a campaign in Mos? I disabled it when I first started the campaign now I want it back. Thanks

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by NejkoPejko View Post
    So you are telling me i reinstalled 8 times just to download again? Well i can honestly say that was a waste of time...
    Can you describe procces of patching 1.6? You open patch, choose game folder+mod folder, press next->next then installation offer you to overwrite and replace files. Did you press Yes or No? etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvbama01 View Post
    Ok does anyone know how to reenable battle time limit in a campaign in Mos? I disabled it when I first started the campaign now I want it back. Thanks
    You have to begin a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Jvbama01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jox25 View Post
    You have to begin a new campaign.

Actually, that's incorrect. If you hit Escape to bring up the escape menu, and then go into "Game Options" there is a little box that says "No Campaign Battle Time Limit." You can switch back and forth at pretty much any time, so long as you are not actually in a battle at the moment. I make heavy use of this, as I prefer to fight battles without a time limit, but if the enemy happens to attack me and then stand around doing nothing for literally 10-15 minutes realtime, I exit out, go to my save (I always save before I enter a battle), and re-enable the timer.

why i cant edit descr_strat without been able to start a new campaing ? i mean , i do this thousends of times in the 1.5 , adding troops etc etc etc , when i touch anything ( even only changing 1 troops for another or adding one ) i enter the game again third age , campain and when i click it says to me that i have to chosse something of the list ? WTF ? i reintall full the game yesterday because i thourght was a corrup installation and still happening , any idea ?

Okay i redownloaded and it still doesnt work. I open patch i choose my c:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3 , than i click next, and press start. Than it asks if i wana overwritte some files and i say yes, and in the end i leave that square checked.PS: Does anyone have skype or xfire so we can talk abaut this problem on a more regular basis? ( Becouse these forums are ed up.)
    Last edited by NejkoPejko; September 10, 2013 at 07:18 AM.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

@Bresco07 May you attach ingame screenshots 'coz i didn't understand your problem?
    @NejkoPejko Try to install patch 1.6 in atnoher folder(not mod and game folder). Then try to move your unpacked patch 1.6 to mod folder and replace and overwrite all.

Jox25 just did that, and it doesnt work. Will there be a full 1.6 version installer? Since the patch doesnt work...
    Last edited by NejkoPejko; September 10, 2013 at 08:51 AM.

Moveric's Avatar Foederatus

@Bresco07 Make sure to use notepad++ or else formation of descr_*** files will be changed and you wont be able to run the game

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

@ Bresco07: It sounds to me like Moveric is on the right track with identifying your problem as a formatting issue. It's been a few weeks since I've worked with fresh MOS 1.6 code, but I seem to recall needing to re-format to get things working for me.

Workaround for Re-Formatting

(Might not be the easiest way, but I haven't found a good one using just Notepad++ so here's what I do)

1) Open up an un-altered campaign_script with notepad (not notepad ++ like usual). Does the text seem jammed together without breaks? If it does, you have yourself a formatting issue. The tricky thing is that this same file will look perfect in notepad++, but the good news is that it is an easy fix.

2) Open up Microsoft Word (probably any other text program will work, but since I've only done this with Word that's the program I recommend). Copy and paste the entire campaign_script from the Notepadd ++ file (the one that looks correct) to Word. It will appear that no changes have been made, but Word has actually reformatted the text. Save the new word file.

3) Copy all the text from the new Word file and paste it directly into the campaign_script which you have opened with regular Notepad. Instead of a huge jumble of unbroken code it SHOULD look like a correctly formatted descr_strat. Save your new re-formatted campaign_script file. From here you should be just fine editing in Notepad ++ now that the base code is formatted correctly.

Hope this helps!

@Nejko: I'll see about uploading a full working MOS 1.6 file to my MEGA account that you could download. It won't be an installer, it will the the unpacked playable folder so the size will be bigger than if a proper installer was out. It will take some time both for me to upload and you to download, but hopefully it will provide you with a workable copy of MOS. I'll test it to see if the game works on my end, and if it doesn't on yours then we'll know that it isn't a MOS problem but more likely a core M2TW installation problem.

I'll post the link on this thread a little later today.
    Last edited by Mank; September 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM.

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

Ok NejkoPejko, here is a link to the uploaded file. This is a compressed file of the entire game with MOS 1.6 installed, just drop it right into your M2TW "mods" folder and run the thirdage.bat. Also, I tested to make sure this was a working version.

I've uploaded this to google docs because MEGA was being stubborn this morning, so let me know if anything is wonky with the upload as it is my first time hosting something from Google.

Hope this gets you playing soon!

Well it says i need some sort of acces permision?