Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renaming the 33rd Foot

Default Re: Renaming the 33rd Foot

very well then. however, you could create you own weapon and then give it to the 33rd and only them if you wanted. of course, it is far easier to edit the unit's reload skill. so, simply look for reloading_skill in the units_stats_land_units table next to 33rd_foot, and change that accordingly. if you want a comparison to others, look at the time of guards and other soldiers and try to think of how fast they reload, and whether or not you want them to be faster than a certain unit or not. that should do the trick

oh and reloading skill is NOT reloading time: if you want less time, the number actually has to be greater. just fyi ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLegion View Post
    very well then. however, you could create you own weapon and then give it to the 33rd and only them if you wanted. of course, it is far easier to edit the unit's reload skill. so, simply look for reloading_skill in the units_stats_land_units table next to 33rd_foot, and change that accordingly. if you want a comparison to others, look at the time of guards and other soldiers and try to think of how fast they reload, and whether or not you want them to be faster than a certain unit or not. that should do the trick
    hehe that wasnt everything i bumped up i think i made my units to overpowered but i just couldnt help it

last thing do you know any way of changing the unit description or is that bugged? i tried to replece it with euro_line_infantry but i think thats when the picture was replaced with euro_line_infantry

might have been that i wrote euro_line_infantry_britain

i just so want me new fresh line infantry (33rd foot) to be perfect

alrighty, i'm going to bed lad. I won't be back till sunday night, so if you need anything else you'll have to wait a bit, unfortunately. good luck with your 33rd

changing the unit description starts to get into specific filing and turns from editing to downright modding...I know some but not everything about changing unit descriptions. sorry, I don't think I really know enough about it :/

alrighty, i'm going to bed lad. I won't be back till sunday night, so if you need anything else you'll have to wait a bit, unfortunately. good luck with your 33rd
    okey thank you for all your help it was super nice

changing the unit description starts to get into specific filing and turns from editing to downright modding...I know some but not everything about changing unit descriptions. sorry, I don't think I really know enough about it :/
    you were the only one who properly helped me so now im gonna turn to you again for a question about how the hell i disable fire by rank, i want only the first rank or two or three ranks to fire together instead, you have no idea how many posts i have made about this today but noone helps me...

but you might be able to

either if you can help me remove it unit by unit or if there is a way to remove it completley from alll units, im using darthmod like i said so it might be abit different aproach that from vanilla

Well I've done some investigating into the matter myself and there seems to be some sort of problem with fire by rank. You can use DBeditor to remove remove it from that unit's unit_to_unit_ability_junction_tables simply by finding the unit and deleting the ability associated with it. however, certain units, like line infantry, will continue to have fire by rank. this may be because you may also have to remove it from unit_class_to_unit_ability_tables, and if you disable it there and they STILL have it, then you may have to simply find everything associated with fire by rank and remove it; i.e. technology, units, unit ability, etc. if you want all the rows to fire at once, try changing their unit to unit ability junction tables from "fire by rank" to "mass fire," and that should do the trick.

I know I'm about 12 years late to this, but I have a question. Got into the game and modding very late. I'm trying to create a new unit using the eau_33rd_foot model. I've done all the steps, including the localization patch as well. I know it is *almost* working because when I go to custom battle, I can see my new unit in the roster and everything looks ok. The problem arises when I try to play the battle - the game crashes.

Now, I can change the model to something like "euroline", the generic line infantry unit model, and the battle will load with no problems. But as soon as I use the model I want, eau_33rd_foot, it crashes.

Any thoughts on this? I don't know if anyone even still visits this site...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12