Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This mod comes out or not???

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default This mod comes out or not???

But if comes i see one amaizing introduction in Youtube with a Manowar music, you can use if you can.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-k8x...0kings%20greek
    300 (Frank Miller's 300) a movie to 2007.
    Last edited by pajomife; August 02, 2006 at 11:49 AM.

Default Re: This mod comes out or not???

It's kinda crappy that in that movie the Spartans don't have any body armor. They were armored like tanks, that's one of the reasons why they killed so many light armored Persians...

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

the validity, and veritable playability of this mod, comes into question if its goin gto be overshadowed by M2:TW.

...hope all your effort wasn't all for naught

Aemilianus's Avatar Imperial Legate

Their effort won't all be for naught- I'm going to play this mod when it is completed long after MTW II comes out, simply because it's turning into an entirely new TW game, almost. MTW will likely be expensive, and I don't think I'm going to get it until quite a while after. Thus, you'll see me on this game well into next year.
    Under the honorable patronage of Kscott
    University of Maryland Class of 2007
    "Who would have known of Hector, if Troy had been happy? The road to valor is built by adversity." -Ovid

Musopticon?'s Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by -Leonidas-
    It's kinda crappy that in that movie the Spartans don't have any body armor. They were armored like tanks, that's one of the reasons why they killed so many light armored Persians...
    Well, Miller has never been one for historicality or realism. I mean, Sin City anyone? If I remember right, there's elephants in the movie and they don't have the helots with them at all, so...yeah.

But that's not really the focus of the movie. I think they can portray heroism and manlove well enough without bothering tehir heads whether spartans had armor or not.
    I lied when I said that honesty was dead
    - NoMeansNo

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_P
    the validity, and veritable playability of this mod, comes into question if its goin gto be overshadowed by M2:TW.

ALL the mods gona be overshadowed by MTW2...and the moders to.How many moders spent time in MTW or Shogun...not to much.
    So, everybody gonna get MTW2,some people buy the game ,others get the game in others way but EVERYBODY gonna get MTW2 .
    But the question in this thread, is the presentation of the new Spartan Movie( 2007 )and Manowar song King of Kings , and it was fine if the Heagmonia team use part this in the game introduction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-k8x...0kings%20greek

k_raso's Avatar Biarchus

Watched your video, didn`t like it at all. Not your fault, but I find disgusting the idea of tremendous historic battles, worthy of faithful remembrance, being portrayed by hollywood as :wub:ty parodies of what really were.

This is a mod that tends to be as faithful to historic data as it can. Everything that Frank Miller`s 300 is not. So I doubt the mod has anything to do with the movie.

Cheers.

I do have a custom intro planned, so thanks but I don't think that even remotely fits our purposes, its not inspirational enough and its pretty poorly done, just a bunch of stills from the spartan 300 movie and the original comic strip.

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

Quote Originally Posted by k_raso
    Watched your video, didn`t like it at all. Not your fault, but I find disgusting the idea of tremendous historic battles, worthy of faithful remembrance, being portrayed by hollywood as :wub:ty parodies of what really were.

This is a mod that tends to be as faithful to historic data as it can. Everything that Frank Miller`s 300 is not. So I doubt the mod has anything to do with the movie.

Cheers.
    Its not my video , i just find it...is the music .

hmmm.. I suppose part of that was good, but when the heavy rock kicks in, it spoils it, well in context to a greek mod like this
    [Massive Sig Here]

Hehehe... I wouldn't worry about it guys, I'll make an intro for Heg...

wtf? this is the most retarded singing about spartans ever. If Leonadas saw this......

If Leonidas saw it he would have a heartattack, they didn't have tv back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Snevets
    If Leonidas saw it he would have a heartattack, they didn't have tv back then.
    If Leonidas saw it he would be probably spear them or spank them atlist they naked....ss!

leave it to holywood to mess up a great battle. I bet they will only have the 300 spartans there. they prob dont even know that thebans did most of the fighting.
    Last edited by Lavastein; August 11, 2006 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_P

It will take more than a year, maybe two, for any mod of MTW2 to come anywhere near portraying the ancient world. A total revision of buildings, forts, all units (none can carry over), traits, names, everything. If anyone wants to play serious games (not counting some other games entirely) set in the ancient world they will be playing RTW mods for a few years more.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    It will take more than a year, maybe two, for any mod of MTW2 to come anywhere near portraying the ancient world. A total revision of buildings, forts, all units (none can carry over), traits, names, everything. If anyone wants to play serious games (not counting some other games entirely) set in the ancient world they will be playing RTW mods for a few years more.
    MTW2 are playable without any mod,for what i see the only major handicap is to have few cities , so for start ,one new map is enougth.

That is gonna the dumbest movie ever. Not realistic or hitorical in anycase.I'll be playing this mod way after MTW2 comes out.I dont post much here but i've been keeping track of the mod.Great Job.

Centurion-Lucius-Vorenus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    In a cottage cheese cottage in Levittown, New york

300 will probbably suck, i'll rent it out of curiousity, but i bet 300 spartans, the 1962 movie will be better then this one.

Racer X's Avatar Ordinarius

It's not Hollywood that's ruining it, it's Frank Miller and the overwhelming popularity of comic books.

300 is actually a really good graphic novel if you get past all the inaccuracies. The art is amazing and the Spartans speak laconically and appropriately. Miller had a reason for all his 'errors', it's just unfortunate that they're making a movie out of it and not something more realistic (Gates of Fire is overrated though, IMO).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast