Thread: CTD On Campaign Launch

Default CTD On Campaign Launch

Okay guys, firstly I have completely read through the readme and the Troubleshooting thread and so far I have found no solution for this problem. I made absolutely sure that I had a fresh install of RTW and BI and then got patches 1.3 and 1.5 for RTW and 1.6 for BI. I then launched the executable and pointed it to my game directory, it installed fine. I used the Rome Total War launcher in the game directory folder and it loads up perfectly fine. But when I go into the faction screen and load up the Rome campaign it crashes back to my desktop.
    Any help on this would be appreciated
    Thanks in advance

"The Pope?... How many divisions does he have?"
    - Joseph Stalin(attributed)

Default Re: CTD On Campaign Launch

Hi and welcome!

This sounds kind of familiar. I recall this being a problem back in the days when Vista was the most common OS and people would install RTW and SPQR into the default "c:\program files\etc etc..." -directory where UAC would kick in and corrupt the SPQR installer.
    Either that is the error, or you simply have a corrupted SPQR install file to begin with. This sometimes happens although the source you're downloading from may be OK, but it somehow gets corrupted on your end. Just try downloading it again.

To be completely sure, re-download SPQR, and either deactivate UAC before reinstalling RTW and SPQR, or install it somewhere outside the previously mentioned folder. If you're using Win7 or 8 I'm not sure how cranky their default UAC settings are (know they are less restrictive than Vista though), but I think the safe thing to do is simply stay out of that folder all together.

Good luck!

Default Re: CTD On Campaign Launch

Thanks for the reply, I re installed it again but that didn't do much. But it was defiantly a problem on my end because I did a complete system restore then downloaded it again and it seemed to work completely fine after that

Anyways thanks for the help +Rep

"The Pope?... How many divisions does he have?"
    - Joseph Stalin(attributed)