Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: FAQ

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: FAQ

It's only them - the trait is orphaned (no trigger) so no other diplomat can get it.

Perfect! This way once diplomats become available to recruit, they'll still be bribing armies and each other, true to life.

Indefinitely Banned

Are there anymore plans for new factions? Like for example, Pomerania and Silesian estates.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kybrothilian View Post
    Are there anymore plans for new factions? Like for example, Pomerania and Silesian estates.
    no.
    but we started last week the work at sistermod: 1648: The Two Towers. Same timeframe but map is the balkans, there you can play transylvania, ottomans, serbs, greeks, wallachians, and more.

Indefinitely Banned

Since I mentioned Silesia, why aren't the region aligned with Bohemia? As far as I know, the estates of Silesia, Lusatia, and upper and lower Austria joined the Bohemian rebellion. So will the ownership be changed in future, or better yet, could you assign theses regions (along for many other regions too) with target factions to rebel to? So that perhaps Silesia and the others would rebel to Bohemia if they do so in the first place.

IIRC, modifying who a city rebels to is done by changing who initially built it. This could, I think, fairly easily be handled. I've considered having cities that rebel to opposing factions, but I'm unsure if having the initial builders different than the current ones would also permanently lower happiness in the cities that don't rebel, or are recaptured.

How far in arrears can your treasury go? I'm playing Austria and after the first turn I'm now over 26K in the negative. I the AI auto-manage everything.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    AI auto-manage everything.
    i don't think i need to tell you that's a bad idea in this mod...

I don't think there's a hard limit beyond the numbers displayable, so millions and millions. You really might want to start a new campaign and make sure to manage everything yourself carefully.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

there is what i like to call the Darwin limit were the French or Austrians eventually get mad at you... probably because you stole there cheese ^^ and then because you have no money to train/retrain you have to quickly learn a new language to please your new overlords

Indefinitely Banned

Also, will Denmark get unique units of it's own in the future? Currently they don't have even a single one, making them somewhat boring in battles. Sweden and France for ex. Have lots of special units of their own, while many German factions have at least 1 unique unit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kybrothilian View Post
    Also, will Denmark get unique units of it's own in the future? Currently they don't have even a single one, making them somewhat boring in battles. Sweden and France for ex. Have lots of special units of their own, while many German factions have at least 1 unique unit.
    two units they have: Regiment "Fynske Fenle Knægte af Jydske Regiment Landsfolk"

Fynske Livregiment (Funen Life Regiment) was one of the oldest regiments in the Danish army and can trace its history back to 1614 when it was raised under the name Fynske Fenle Knægte af Jydske Regiment Landsfolk. The Regiment has participated in all Danish wars since 1625, including Torstenson War (1643–1645) Northern Wars (1658–1660), Scanian War (1675–1679), Great Northern War (1700), Great Northern War (1709–1720), Slaget på Reden (1801), Gunboat War (1807–1814), First Schleswig War (1848–1850) and Second Schleswig War (1864). It was furthermore in foreign war service during 1689–1714. The regimental flag has the battle honours Lutter am Barenberg 1626, Wismar 1675, Christianstad 1677–78, Stralsund 1715, Dybbøl 1848, Isted 1850 and Dybbøl 1864.

And:

Regiment of Foot "Christian von Dänemark"

Constripted by the Danish King 1621, in his office as a Colonel of Imperial Circle Lower Saxony.\n\n The Army of the Holy Roman Empire (German "Reichsarmee") was the army of the Holy Roman Empire. It must not be confused with the Imperial Army (Kaiserliche Armee) of the Emperor. Despite appearances to the contrary, the Army of the Empire did not constitute a permanent standing army which was always at the ready to fight for the Empire. When there was danger, an Army of the Empire was mustered from among the elements constituting it, in order to conduct an imperial military campaign or Reichsheerfahrt. In practice, the imperial troops often had stronger local allegiances than their loyalty to the Emperor.
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; March 28, 2013 at 05:15 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    two units they have: Regiment "Fynske Fenle Knægte af Jydske Regiment Landsfolk"

Fynske Livregiment (Funen Life Regiment) was one of the oldest regiments in the Danish army and can trace its history back to 1614 when it was raised under the name Fynske Fenle Knægte af Jydske Regiment Landsfolk. The Regiment has participated in all Danish wars since 1625, including Torstenson War (1643–1645) Northern Wars (1658–1660), Scanian War (1675–1679), Great Northern War (1700), Great Northern War (1709–1720), Slaget på Reden (1801), Gunboat War (1807–1814), First Schleswig War (1848–1850) and Second Schleswig War (1864). It was furthermore in foreign war service during 1689–1714. The regimental flag has the battle honours Lutter am Barenberg 1626, Wismar 1675, Christianstad 1677–78, Stralsund 1715, Dybbøl 1848, Isted 1850 and Dybbøl 1864.

And:

Regiment of Foot "Christian von Dänemark"

Constripted by the Danish King 1621, in his office as a Colonel of Imperial Circle Lower Saxony.\n\n The Army of the Holy Roman Empire (German "Reichsarmee") was the army of the Holy Roman Empire. It must not be confused with the Imperial Army (Kaiserliche Armee) of the Emperor. Despite appearances to the contrary, the Army of the Empire did not constitute a permanent standing army which was always at the ready to fight for the Empire. When there was danger, an Army of the Empire was mustered from among the elements constituting it, in order to conduct an imperial military campaign or Reichsheerfahrt. In practice, the imperial troops often had stronger local allegiances than their loyalty to the Emperor.
    I don't know how it is in campaign.

But in custom battles, Denmark can only access both units through the "all" period. Meanwhile, Sweden has the first unit in all period options available.

There seems to be same kind of problems with other factions in custom battle too. The militia units of Mainz are not accessible to it in any other period than "all".
    Last edited by The Kybrothilian; March 28, 2013 at 06:13 AM.

I never had interest in custom battles, i ever only played campaigns. So i used that battles only for "testing" of units. Sorry for Custom Battle Fans.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

We didn't really put much emphasis on the 'eras' entry in the EDU, after all it's only 30 years. I guess simply reducing that to era 1 (same factions as ownership) should do the trick, there is really no other use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    no.
    but we started last week the work at sistermod: 1648: The Two Towers. Same timeframe but map is the balkans, there you can play transylvania, ottomans, serbs, greeks, wallachians, and more.
    Niceee . We get far enough to see the Crimean Khanate or the Western Tip of the Safavid Dynasty ?

A quick question to add to the first post. What are the internal names of all the factions, ie. papal_states = Spain, france = France, etc.?

Listing:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

bayreuth = The Duchy Bayreuth
    byzantium = The Electorate of Saxony
    denmark = The Kingdom of Denmark-Norway
    egypt = The Electorate of Mainz
    england = The Kingdom of Sweden
    france = The Kingdom of France
    hre = The Imperial Archduchy Austria
    hungary = The Princebishopric Bremen
    milan = The Catholic League
    mongols = The Bohemian Estates
    moors = The County Palatine
    normans = The Margraviate of Baden
    osmanen = The Ottoman Empire
    papal_states = The Kingdom of Spain
    poland = The Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth
    portugal = The Duchy Bavaria
    repven = The Empire of Germany
    russia = The Electorate Brandenburg-Prussia
    saxons = The Landgraviate Hesse
    scotland = The Duchy Brunswick and Lüneburg
    sicily = Utrecht Union
    siebenbuergen = Transylvania
    slave = Marauders
    spain = The Protestant Union
    timurids = Electorate Cologne
    trier = The Electorate of Trier
    turks = The Duchy of Württemberg
    venice = The Old Swiss Confederacy
    Last edited by WhiffOfGrapeshot; March 28, 2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Added them myself, should still go in first post for peoples' benefit

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    That's right, I found that out the hard way. I do hope someone eventually comes out with a building/economy guide for this mod, or at least a more informative explanation of what each building does. Don't get me wrong, some are self-explanatory, but others could us a bit of fleshing out.

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    That's right, I found that out the hard way. I do hope someone eventually comes out with a building/economy guide for this mod, or at least a more informative explanation of what each building does. Don't get me wrong, some are self-explanatory, but others could us a bit of fleshing out.

Yeah, this mod would certainly be a lot more inviting to new players if there was a guide. Perhaps combining Geoffrey's upcoming unit guide with Monti's faction house descriptions and aiming it to help a new player pick a faction, and understand the basics of how to play.