Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The map so far

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Default The map so far

This is Spartan_Warrior's map after the Parhian reveal:

Can't wait to see his update on this! Spartan_Warrior, you're on, next!!!
    P.S. I tried to find Spartan_Warrior's original thread where he showed this but after page 10 I still couldn't find it so I just went on making a new thread.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

Default Re: The map so far

spartan warrior needs to do an updated one of these so I can rep him again.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

Awesome work well done.

Well done man!

This map goes quite far to the east! So Indian factions will be there

We can consider now Aegypt in. However there is something odd for me. Looking at the map, Parthia is too much alone there, left to make a full supremacy of a vast rich area. As the player choice I see too simple to create a vast empire in no time but the other non-playable factions will be able to oppose firmly. So there will be more fighting in the mediterrean than in the east. If instead of Parthia they would have appointed Seleuicids this would have ment more intense fighting..

Awesome map.

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    We can consider now Aegypt in. However there is something odd for me. Looking at the map, Parthia is too much alone there, left to make a full supremacy of a vast rich area. As the player choice I see too simple to create a vast empire in no time but the other non-playable factions will be able to oppose firmly. So there will be more fighting in the mediterrean than in the east. If instead of Parthia they would have appointed Seleuicids this would have ment more intense fighting..
    No faction will be operating in vacuum. You know that, right? The Seleucids are there, the Baktrians, there are no "rebels".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

Really nice .

I think Parthia's campaign is awesome . They're a weak faction and have to stand against Seleucid .

anyone knows when the game comes out ?

I hope they add bactria , colchis kingdom , Sacae , getae, scythian/sarmatians , and Maurya over the east regions... So it won't anymore feel like a desert ..... And anyway Bactria and colchis are so much forgotten by history that is. Shame...
    Last edited by PROMETHEUS ts; March 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by torongill View Post
    No faction will be operating in vacuum. You know that, right? The Seleucids are there, the Baktrians, there are no "rebels".
    I know but apart the Seleucids there will be probably no other serious threat as most factions operating in that area will have 1 territory and will be constantly fighting each other. The Seleucids will be for more pressured by Aegypt and Macedonia, perhaps Pontus, to bother of Parthia. So a player in Parthia's role will have an easier day than any other avaible in the 8th factions.
    Quote Originally Posted by General S00R3NA View Post
    Really nice .

I think Parthia's campaign is awesome . They're a weak faction and have to stand against Seleucid .

Will come out, if everything goes well, in August/September. Parthia is weak but the Seleucids will have multiple fronts so they will probably be silent on the Parthia borders.

Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by General S00R3NA View Post
    Really nice .

October

Semisalis

Very well done on the map!

In my opinion, they need to do a fine job creating the smaller factions to give some playable factions like the Suebi and the Parthians more to do early on. Suebi are far away from everything but will eventually run into the Gauls and Romans, but if there aren't one or two more eastern factions, there's a LOT of free area for the Parthians.

Has to be some Seleucids and Pontus or Armenians if you ask me.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

If there's indeed the next available 9th faction it make sense that Sarmatia/Scythia is playable. Then one can have all corners of the map represented with Rome being in the centre.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

petertel123's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    I know but apart the Seleucids there will be probably no other serious threat as most factions operating in that area will have 1 territory and will be constantly fighting each other. The Seleucids will be for more pressured by Aegypt and Macedonia, perhaps Pontus, to bother of Parthia. So a player in Parthia's role will have an easier day than any other avaible in the 8th factions.
    well parthia also only has one region, it doesn't really have an edge over the surrounding factions

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

You guys the nonplayable factions wont be pushovers. They will be just as strong just playable factions. The AI wont be the same as Rome I where factions could grow and grow.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Parthia has to deal with big @ss Seleucids. Kinda like how Marathas had to deal with the Mughals. Maybe they made Parthia super aggressive like the Marathas.
    Last edited by bengalg3; March 22, 2013 at 04:33 PM.

I think hes gonna need to extend the map downward seeing as how far down the preview goes.

Quote Originally Posted by petertel123 View Post
    well parthia also only has one region, it doesn't really have an edge over the surrounding factions
    Parthia has a weak economy too .

Tiro

I really hope the southern tip of Arabia is included along with the Gulf of Aden.

I would really love the ability to sail from the Indus to Sinai. I would love to do a naval invasion of Egypt with Parthia or Baktria(if they become available).

On top of that, we might get the Sabeans(Sab'yn from EB)

If Rome II is suppose to have the biggest map ever, than it has to bigger than Empire, right?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Thats a lot of territory
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast