Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The map so far

Tiro

Default Re: The map so far

I think they mean by how many regions there are and not by size alone.

A politician's claim, legally defensible but in no way true.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Over the last week I completely redid my map, to align all the cities better with their real coordinates. I have also updated it for the Egypt faction and expanded it to include all of Arabia which it now appears the actual map will include.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    Over the last week I completely redid my map, to align all the cities better with their real coordinates. I have also updated it for the Egypt faction and expanded it to include all of Arabia which it now appears the actual map will include.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nice work!

+rep

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

The more I look at that map, the more I think that you're wrong and that it will go to the Indus, with the Indians as a playable faction. There's just a hell of a lot of space with no playable factions in the east, so it would make sense to put another major player out there. Also we don't see the eastern border south of Bactria, it might very well go further east. We'll see I guess.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArk View Post
    The more I look at that map, the more I think that you're wrong and that it will go to the Indus, with the Indians as a playable faction. There's just a hell of a lot of space with no playable factions in the east, so it would make sense to put another major player out there. Also we don't see the eastern border south of Bactria, it might very well go further east. We'll see I guess.
    I don't know if they will be playabe but they will probably be in. They have already shown the province of Arachosia in their previews, and it belonged to the Mauryas when the game starts. Also, its quite probable that they make the Seleucids playable at some point, and we know that people have complained a lot about playable factions in the borders of the map, so they will probably use the Mauryans as a cushion.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

He built the map based on what CA has shown us so far! Saying that he is wrong is calling CA wrong, which is absurd considering how much they've told us about the entire game.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Sherm's Avatar Ordinarius

I Like the map.

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

I see Jack Lusted is browsing this thread...perhaps smiling wryly to himself

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

nice work

JenkinsEar's Avatar Foederatus

Great map!

This map again make me feel sad to see how much territory we have and how few factions playable.

Serkelet's Avatar Ordinarius

I'm loving the map. If they extend it to India, I'll have a nerdgasm.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Empire had region boxes... so in theory they could put the Indian sub continent in like how they did so in ETW. Possible. But I still dont think they will. Great job Spartan on the map. I dont like how they designed Arabia? I dont like watching factions conquer desert.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Empire had region boxes... so in theory they could put the Indian sub continent in like how they did so in ETW. Possible. But I still dont think they will. Great job Spartan on the map. I dont like how they designed Arabia? I dont like watching factions conquer desert.
    I agree, I am not really liking how Arabia is laid out, I would have preferred if they had left the centre as an unconquerable desert region, with the provinces focused around the outer edge. But other then that, I am quite pleased with the map overall, I never expected to see the whole of Arabia included, it should make for some interesting naval campaigns for the Ptolemies. The only thing which remains really is if the map includes the Indus valley or not, I don't expect it, as I think the map will end where I have marked it, but its inclusion would be nice.

Sherm's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    I agree, I am not really liking how Arabia is laid out, I would have preferred if they had left the centre as an unconquerable desert region, with the provinces focused around the outer edge. But other then that, I am quite pleased with the map overall, I never expected to see the whole of Arabia included, it should make for some interesting naval campaigns for the Ptolemies. The only thing which remains really is if the map includes the Indus valley or not, I don't expect it, as I think the map will end where I have marked it, but its inclusion would be nice.
    Yes for that, i hope for a very huge attrition and difficulty to move in that land, at least we should have less sahara.

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

He built the map based on what CA has shown us so far! Saying that he is wrong is calling CA wrong
    No, he's made projections based on where he thinks the map will go based on what CA has given us. We don't know what the eastern border south of Bactria is and where is goes, because the screen of the map on the Parthians page doesn't show it. Yet it is black here going down, when it might very well go to the right.

Considering how far south the Arabian peninsula goes, and that normally there's nothing there of note, I find it indicative that there is something beyond there for it to go. Namely: Ethiopia and India.
    Last edited by DarkArk; March 24, 2013 at 04:33 PM.

You are totally wrong. Half of the east portion of the map will be controlled by the Seleucids, so actually there won't be enough space for other factions.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I updated the op of my thread with your map.

I tryed to do a quick adaptation as i did with your older versions, but the new size and borders are making it a little bit harder than i thought, so i'll have to finish it another time when i have more time.

Anyways, GJ as usual (btw, i was wondering what program are you using to make it, drawing all the borders manually has to be a pain in the ass for you )

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

he's made projections
    Pfff, NO! The red provinces are projections but they are solely based within the info that CA has shown us. The rest of the provinces, regions and cities that are drawn and written in black are just mere copies on a normal map of CA's blurred sneak peaks of the factions starting points maps.
    He just made it easier to compile the map as to what CA has given us and true enough, considering the borders that we have so far and yet unknown he made some assumptions that he displayed with red "ink" but those aren't bold, just logical presumptions of already seen existing neighboring provinces to the ones we could clearly see.
    The black "ink" map is exactly what CA has shown us so far and anyone of Jack, Will or Craig could vouch for that.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast