Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The map so far

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The map so far

so actually there won't be enough space for other factions.
    Pontus? Scythians? Mauryans (which will be in the game, since the territory shown on the Parthian map shows a province they controlled in the period)? Sure, the SE is large, but it isn't all-encompassing, and they're not a confirmed playable yet.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    Over the last week I completely redid my map, to align all the cities better with their real coordinates. I have also updated it for the Egypt faction and expanded it to include all of Arabia which it now appears the actual map will include.
    I hate to sound nit-picky, but hell i'll do it anyway.

You've labelled the area where Modern day Georgia is as 'Iberia', but wasn't it regarded as the 'Caucasian Iberia'?
    Since the common usage of Iberia, is in regards to the spanish peninsula.

I'm loving the map. If they extend it to India, I'll have a nerdgasm.
    I think that they told several times that the map will extend till Bactria.

India won't be included.

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

cities that are drawn and written in black are just mere copies on a normal map of CA's blurred sneak peaks of the factions starting points maps.
    No, they're not. Not completely.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...arthia_Faction

Now, let's do comparisons shall we? Look at the Bactrian border on the right side, where it shows what is likely the edge of the map? Notice how the image does not in fact show the intersection of that border with Bactria and Arachosia, it cuts off right before then. Yet in his map that border is in black and continues to go down, with red only beginning later. The black is wrong, we don't know what that border will do.

I think that they told several times that the map will extend till Bactria.
    Ah yes, the old hearsay. I don't think they've told us anything definitive about the map, so source?
    Last edited by DarkArk; March 24, 2013 at 07:05 PM.

Really dont know what they are going to do with the eastern parts after the Seleucids and Bactrians, because the Mauryans are right there poking out.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by robin2852 View Post
    I hate to sound nit-picky, but hell i'll do it anyway.

You've labelled the area where Modern day Georgia is as 'Iberia', but wasn't it regarded as the 'Caucasian Iberia'?
    Since the common usage of Iberia, is in regards to the spanish peninsula.
    'Caucasian Iberia' is more of a modern convention by historians to differentiate the two, similar to how the 'Byzantine Empire' is used. Ancient Greek and Latin documents typically just refer to it as 'Iberia'.

@DarkArk if you have that much of a problem with it go ahead and produce your own map, I make no claims that my map is 100%, the end all be all map which Rome 2 will have. I am only basing it upon what we have seen, and we have no reason to believe India will be included. I originally didn't have all of Arabia but with the Egypt Reveal I added it because of the new info. If we get any info about India I'd expand it, until then I won't, as I don't think it will be in, it would be alot of work to add just a few regions along the Indus, as to be accurate they would need to add a new culture, with proper units, architect, even probably a new climate. That's alot for just a border region of the map, which had no military interaction with Rome, the main focus of the game.

There is a Nubian kingdom south of Egypt when Rome was small. Wonder if that is a non-playable faction.

Meroe

Sherm's Avatar Ordinarius

What i can imagine as minor faction, is a Nubian faction and an Axumite one.

HusKatten's Avatar Semisalis

i just realized that the city of Byzantion (later Constantinople) is not presented in the macedonian map preview. it's an interesting city and i hope it gets included in the final map. Or is the city of Antheia, currently presented near the bosporus channel, a more important city?
    Last edited by HusKatten; March 25, 2013 at 05:14 AM.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArk View Post
    No, they're not. Not completely.
    Do you know what a copy is, dude?
    You will see that when Rome 2's map is revealed the regions in black that exist so far on that map will correspond exactly on CA's map.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    @DarkArk if you have that much of a problem with it go ahead and produce your own map,
    You know, you should probably link him all the stages of your map, without your red provinces, only the black ones, so that he can finally understand that you only tried to create a map to better understand what regions we will have and how many based on the factions' starting position maps. Maybe, and I daresay maybe, then he will understand what you did, because right now he seems to believe that you draw all this map by yourself and have no connection to what CA showed us so far.
    Last edited by Petroniu; March 25, 2013 at 03:22 AM.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by Sherm View Post
    I hope so too, don't want that area to be as lifeless as it was in the first RTW.

Agreas's Avatar Laetus

Yeah same here. Not just for the African theatre, but it would be awesome to see a ton of minor non playable factions all over the place, as well as emergent factions in the case of revolt.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    I hope so too, don't want that area to be as lifeless as it was in the first RTW.
    Funny, because I can't recall any other area being otherwise aswell. Beside the major factions, you had like what? A rebel factions with minor subfactions which each had a banner, a name and a limited unit roster? Can't really call that lively, can you?
    RTWRM - back to basics

Primicerius

Seems that Arabia is still missing from Spartan_Warrior's map.

yeah i would like it to, Nubia was the 'goldmine' of ancient Egypt, so i hope it will be in the game, maybe as a vassal or starting with a good diplomacy with Egypt...

yeah i would like it to, Nubia was the 'goldmine' of ancient Egypt, so i hope it will be in the game, maybe as a vassal or starting with a good diplomacy with Egypt...

Quote Originally Posted by petertel123 View Post
    well parthia also only has one region, it doesn't really have an edge over the surrounding factions
    And it would be terrible for parthian economy if they be at war with the selucids at the start.It would be very challenging to grow a parthian region (surrounded by several enemy regions that they have nothing to do with you except war) to an empire.
    Last edited by Ariamanesh; March 26, 2013 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariamanesh View Post
    And it would be terrible for parthian economy if they be at war with the selucids at the start.It would be very challenging to grow a parthian region (surrounded by several enemy regions that they have nothing to do with you except war) to an empire.

my bet is that they start as a vassal of the seleucids, as does batria, they both declared war on the seleucids at the same time, when they ( the seleucids )were at war in the west of the empire...
    By the time they reached the east (partia and bactria, they fought some battles, but soon decided the recognise them as independent kingdoms...), so the partians took advantage of the situation of the seleucids.... i bet it will work out in the same way in Rome 2 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tsu View Post
    my bet is that they start as a vassal of the seleucids, as does batria, they both declared war on the seleucids at the same time, when they ( the seleucids )were at war in the west of the empire... By the time they reached the east (partia and bactria, they fought some battles, but soon decided the recognise them as independent kingdoms...), so the partians took advantage of the situation of the seleucids.... i bet it will work out in the same way in Rome 2 :-)
    You mean they started like a nomadic horde at seleucids borders just like mongols at MTW2? If that so who knows that maybe cool!!!!!

self delete

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast