Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Spice Master's Mod v0.1 released - play testers needed

Default Spice Master's Mod v0.1 released - play testers needed

Spice Master's Faction Enhancement Submod for TATW 3.2

DOWNLOAD LINK

The goal of this submod is to advance game play and roleplaying immersion for some of the "lesser"
    factions, while staying reasonably within the bounds of the available lore, and to expand on world of
    TATW to add new regions and factions in the large blank spaces areound the edges of the map. Includes
    new units, generals, trait, ancillaries, and scripted quests to unlock them for factions such as OOG,
    Rhun, Dale, Harad, OOTM, and Isengard, plus nonplayable subfactions including Dunland, the Hillmen of
    Rhudaur, Khand, and the Corsairs of Umbar. I will also be adding totally new geography and factions
    based on the material developed over theyears by pen and paper RPG's set in Middle Earth.

In this release (0.1):

- WORKS WITH UNMODDED VANILLA TATW 3.2 ONLY
    - Angmar Rising expansion module for OOG w/new Rhudaur subfaction for OOG/Eriador/Arnor and enhanced
    script line that allows the player as OOG to rebuild the realm of Angmar and bring back the Witchking
    plus some new quests (to cleanse the Barrow Downs and libertate Rhudaur) for Eriador/Arnor as well.
    - My new Dynamic Garrison Script that spawns temporary peasant garrison units for seige defense, which
    vary by culture type and settlement level.
    - Sixteen new units total representing the hillmen of Rhudaur, a new Veteran Ranger unit, Barrow Wights,
    Uruks of Angmar, and peasant garrison levies for all factions.
    - My expanded Middle Earth map from Third Age Expanded, covering parts east and south of the vanilla
    TATW 3.2 map. (Not really playable yet, but the geography is there to refine and build on in future
    modules. Let your imagination run and tell me if you have any good ideas.)

Credits for material created by others:

- JRR Tolkien for his awesomely imaginative base setting
    - The authors and players of ICE's defunct MERP RPG, the publishers of fan modules, and the contributors
    to the "Other Hands" and "Other Minds" MERP newsletters, all which I draw inspiration and quote from
    throughout this work
    - New Line Cinemas for their stunning visual depiction of the events of JRRT's books
    - The Creative Assembly for their fun and engrossing base game engine and framework
    - All the modders at TWC from or through whom I have learned various skills at modding
    - KK and the rest of the TATW Team for a kick ass mod upon which to base my work
    - Alpha Delta, Absinthia, the Rusichi Team, T&D, and Taro_M for their open source unit models
    - Mank and Glamdringfh (?) for the scripts and text used in the Improved Barrow Downs quest
    - Withwnar for his help developing the Dynamic Garrison Script
    - ElvenKind and The Uruk for the unit icons and info cards
    - All of the contributors to this submod thread on TWC and the previous threads on my various submods
    that ar included

I think that's everyone. If you see something here that you think is yours that you have not recieved
    credit for please contact me via PM.

To install:

- Download from the link in this thread
    - BACK UP YOUR VANILLA TATW 3.2 INSTALL
    - Unzip the downloaded file to your TATW folder and overwrite all
    - Delete the file map.rwm from the folder Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/base
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wight.jpg   Cultirith.jpg   Angmar Uruks.jpg   Dwarf Volunteers.jpg   Dunedain Veterans.jpg  

map_height.jpg  
    Last edited by Spice Master; May 16, 2013 at 02:24 PM.

Default Re: Spice Master's minor faction enhancement compilation submod

Reserved
    Last edited by Spice Master; May 13, 2013 at 08:40 PM.

Excellent stuff Spice Master! This looks like an excellent project and I will be following closely!

This, is one of the few submods I am very much looking forward to, my only question is as follows: will the ai benefit from the missions/changes/modifications you have made? So for example, playing as Eriador can I expect at a certain point Angmar to kick it up a gear and have the Witch-king assail me?

In the case of Angmar, yes. As in the existing release at the above link, if you reform the Kingdom of Arnor that has a very real chance of triggering the Witch-king's return to the North (accompanied by a stack of the new Angmar Uruks). On a case by-case basis some of the other scripts will be available for the AI as well.

Good luck with your work mate
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Getting close to an initial release on this, probably later this week. My plan is to release this as progressively building modules adding enhanced/new factions and features.

Important Note: Because I am releasing this in modules, you will have the option of only using part of the content if you choose. In particular if you want the enhancements to the vanilla factions, but do not want to use the new factions on the expanded map, then don't install the modules past 0.4. You'll still have the expanded geography, but it won't effect game play and you can just ignore it. Right now, the two new regions "Romendor" (everything east of Rhun) and "The Utter South" (everything south of Harad) function similarly to the Forodwaith region in vanilla 3.2, with lots of empty space and inaccessible, out of the way settlements. This will be the case up until the 0.5 release, when I start adding the new factions. Until then the vanilla regions of the map will remain virtually unchanged (except that I am making the major rivers navigable, as on the DAC map).

Planned releases (no promises on dates for any of this):

0.1 (later this week)
    - A new version of Angmar Rising expansion module for OOG w/new Rhudaur subfaction for OOG/Eriador/Arnor and enhanced script line
    - My new dynamic garrison script
    - My expanded Middle Earth map from Third Age Expanded, covering parts east and south of the vanilla TATW 3.2 map
    - Improved Barrow Downs script and associated material by Mank

0.2 (a week or so later)
    - New version of Unite the Clans expansion module for Rhun with new units and scripts
    - New version of Heirs of Rhovanion expansion module for Dale with updated units and scripts

- Oaths and Deeds expansion module adding Dunland subfaction for Isengard/Eriador/Arnor
    - The Serpent and The Sisters expansion module for Harad

- Where Dark Things Sleep expansion module for OOTM
    - A New Power expansion module for Isengard

- Vothrig Dominion faction in NE, mannish Viking raiders, hostile to dwarves and Dale
    - Ironfists of Ered Harmal, dwarvish faction in the mountains east of Mordor/Khand, neutral but generally unfriendly
    - Dwarves of Ered Luin faction, based on FROME

- Chyan Empire, mannish faction east of Khand/Harad, Persian type culture, general good faction
    - Khand, mannish faction east of Mordor, Mongol type culture, evil faction aligned with Mordor
    - Harshandatt, mannish faction east of Harad, Indian/south Asian type culture, evil faction aligned with Mordor

- Anarike, apostate Adunaic faction SE of Harad, mixed Numenorean/Easterling culture, generally good faction
    - Mumakan, mannish faction SE of Harad, deep central African culture, evil faction, aligned with Mordor
    - Koronande, mannish faction south of Harad, east African culture, good faction but lower tech and isolated from Numenorian influences

- Bavor's Folk, dwarvish faction in mountains south of Harad, generally good faction
    - Red Orcs, orcish faction in mountains south of Harad, evil faction aligned with Mordor

- Anballukhor, apostate Adunaic faction SW of Harad, mixed Numenorean/west African culture, evil faction aligned with Mordor
    - Bellakar, mannish faction SW of Harad, Near Eastern culture, good faction friendly relations with Gondor
    Last edited by Spice Master; May 06, 2013 at 11:50 PM.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Spice Master View Post

Planned releases (no promises on dates for any of this):
    no planned release dates..

Quote Originally Posted by Spice Master View Post
    0.1 (later this week)

0.2 (a week or so later)
    then proceeds to give rough estimates

silly question here , do i just add these over vanilla when they are released?

also i admire your ambition +rep just for that

They are just that; estimates rather than promises. About 50% of this is done already really just need to put the parts together.

Also, yes it will all be based on vanilla 3.2. Install them over your vanilla install. Each successive module will include all previous material.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

+ version 1.0 for fixes...

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

I have a few Ideas to add to the unite the clans portion of this work.

I noticed when reading the unit descriptions that the Rhuns engage in Dragon worship, would it be possible to add in a religion and instead of having rhun be followers of melkor have them labled under Dragon Worshipers.

And to simulate their allegiance to Suaron(spellcheck), just have them allied to Mordor.

Also theres a few other units you could add to Rhun such as the heavy swordsmen Loke-Shah-Rim, the halberdmen Loke-Lar-Rim, and the heavy archers Loke-Tudnas-Rim.

Just a few ideas.
    Last edited by Evalation; April 24, 2013 at 03:26 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Will you be including all the armor upgrades mentioned in the third age expanded thread?
    because I do like Alhimiks gondor upgrads.

1) T&D: Exactly what I was thinking, and thanks again for you Angmar orcs models. Very useful in making news units for Angmar, OOTMM, Isengard, and my new desert orc faction.

2) Evalation: Yes, some of the AUM Loke Rim units are included in the Rhun module and the religious aspect of the cult of the Dragon is developed further, though I'm not changing the game religion since this would prevent Rhun from participating in invasions.

3) TimR: Any material mentioned in the previous threads for the various submods for which I got permission already will be included here including visual armour upgrades. Now that I have learned how to 3-d model units myself though, I will be relying less on these kind of sources.

2) Evalation: Yes, some of the AUM Loke Rim units are included in the Rhun module and the religious aspect of the cult of the Dragon is developed further, though I'm not changing the game religion since this would prevent Rhun from participating in invasions.
    Sounds great, I really like those heavy swordsmen. I actually wouldnt mind missing out on the invasions scince they impede me from accomplishing my own goals, besides ill be destroying mordor eventually to forge the empire so staying on as followers of Sauron when your destroying his armies doesnt sound logical.

But its just my constructive criticism, the submod looks really good and I cant wait to give this version a go

+rep
    Last edited by Evalation; April 24, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

I think it was you who suggested the idea of a Dragon Throne or something for Rhun, right? That's definitely come up.

Yes that was me, thank you for listening to some of my suggestions and putting up with my constant posting regarding this mod. I just like to throw things out there that may sound appealing or improve some things.

Though I would hope you reconsider about the dragon religion, but if you dont its kool ill still play it with or without it.

But its looking great, keep up the good work man.
    Last edited by Evalation; April 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM.

Really Nice Spice Master .

Planning release of 0.1 in the next day or two, once I get the final mapping done and add back in forts/settlements/resources that Geomod doesn't like.

Contents:

- My dynamic garrison script
    - Expanded Middle Earth map (not really useful yet, but you'll get to see the landscape anyway, and give feedback)
    - New AOR Rhudaur roster/subfaction for OOG/Eriador/Arnor
    - Interactive campaign script that allows player as OOG/Eriador/Arnor to renew relations with hillmen of Rhudaur to gain access to new units and generals
    - New and improved AOR Angmar Uruk units with visual armour upgrades
    - Interactive campaign script that allows player as OOG to rebuild Withking's throne and bring him back to the North as a general for OOG with a stack of Angmar Uruks, plus a chance that the AI will do so if the Arnor is reunited
    - A couple other new units such as dual wielding Veteran Rangers and undead Barrow Wights

Here are some unit previews (credit to Taro_M, Absinthia, the Rusichi Team, and T&D for original work upon which these are based):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Angmar Uruks.jpg   Cultirith.jpg   Dunedain Veterans.jpg   barrow_wight.jpg  
    Last edited by Spice Master; April 29, 2013 at 01:37 PM.

I like how you call this "Minor" faction enhancement submod ^^
    Way too much modesty mate!
    "GB2/HoME"
    I have deduced, from your knowledge of Middle-Earth background, that you read scrupulously History of Middle Earth. Given your close-minded opinion on various aspects of Tolkien lore in detriment of TATW interest and gameplay, I believe that
    you are better suited to that reading activity, and suggest you go back to it.
    I guess it could work for some guys with Battle of Middle Earth as well...

Thanks. The compilation is quite an undertaking, granted. By "minor" I refer to the "minor" factions - other than what I consider the big three of Gondor, Mordor, and Eriador/Arnor. So, fleshing out Rhun, OOG, Dale, Harad, etc are the center of this project. I'd like to do something with the elves I think too, maybe incorporate some of the FROME mod (which I have discussed with koulturas previously) or other lore enhancing elf mods.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast