Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What is Islam? Ask a Muslim

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: What is Islam? Ask a Muslim

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas Veneratio View Post
    That is the reason, why Muslims will never be accepted in the West. They treat their women like slaves and disrespect our women. Women should be allowed to live their lives as independent individuals!

Raw strength is not a needed tool to protect yourself these days. Do you by any chance know of a thing called a weapon? Especially the weapons known as firearms, which can be used by anyone, no matter their physical strength.
    I wasn't talking about Muslims saying that. Westerners themselves call women like that, especially the youth.

Yes, I know of them, but not everyone owns them, they aren't available in every situation and do you think that using a weapon is the only way? We shouldn't solve all the problems with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff Dog View Post
    If you're a fully Westernized Muslim who sees men and women as entirely equal then we're going to agree. We came up with gender equality first though, or we gave into women who demanded it perhaps.
    I'm not fully westernized Muslim at all. The west leads humanity to destruction with their lifestyle and media, I'm trying to escape from it. Since Islam exists since Adam's (pbuh) times, and Christianity came after Jesus (pbuh) I don't think you came 1st with it. I consider them equal because it's said so in Quran.

Deleted by author
    Last edited by Shamshir; May 17, 2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Personal

Quote Originally Posted by L-Burna View Post
    And how Hijab makes them irrelevant and as slaves?
    Because they all look the same with hijab. Hijab, türban, burqa, niqab... they all serve the same purpose: being a sign that says "this woman belongs to a Muslim man".

They dress properly and cover up, because they have dignity and honor.
    More like delusion and fear.

Do you want them to run around half naked like westerner women who use alcohol, party and don't respect marriage at all? They are a sex object.
    You know little about Western women, it seems. Only a small percentage of them is like that.

Now tell me who have more honor and dignity and who actually deserve to be called real women?
    Perhaps the ones who are allowed to get an education and are not only used as birthing machines?

No wonder why many men call them as ******* and show no respect to them.
    Yes, the number of rape and murder of Western women at the hands of mostly Muslim men is truly staggering compared to population sizes. What fine "brothers" you have there.

Nesimî's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It is wonderful that you all know everything you need to know about my religion. Since everyone already knows everything, and are actually at a point where they can teach me, then this thread is redundant.

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I wasn't talking about Muslims saying that. Westerners themselves call women like that, especially the youth.

Yes, I know of them, but not everyone owns them, they aren't available in every situation and do you think that using a weapon is the only way? We shouldn't solve all the problems with guns.
    What Westerners? Got a source to back that up? Immature boys might blow off some steam, when a girl turns them down. That's an outburst, not an expression of some general consensus of all women.

So, physical strength is the only way to defend your family according to you? Physical strength, please just go back to your cave...
    Last edited by Aeneas Veneratio; May 17, 2013 at 05:11 AM.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

All religions are ******. Islam is no different. We're learnt religious studies from early grades of schools and it continues even in university. Not just islam but also a little about other important ones like Christianity. and I found nothing useful in them , Only a series of restrictions which should be done in the name of human values ! Many of those so called values I was familiar with them even before learning about religion and actually somehow all of us know.

Conclusion : If We human beings want to advance to the next phase of evolution and make a better future ( the real human one ) ,We must get rid of all these ideologies that basically say "I and my followers are the right ones "

regards

Would the proposed eradication of other schools of thought for a better future not be the same thing as what you are opposing? What you said is self contradictory as you seem to think you have a truth that we do not have.
    shum

Deleted by author
    Last edited by Shamshir; May 17, 2013 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Personal

And how Hijab makes them irrelevant and as slaves? They dress properly and cover up, because they have dignity and honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Because they all look the same with hijab. Hijab, türban, burqa, niqab... they all serve the same purpose: being a sign that says "this woman belongs to a Muslim man".
    I can't decide which view is the most stupid, borderline mysoginist BS. That women who don't wear a piece of cloth over their heads are somehow devoid of dignity and honor, or that women who do wear a piece of cloth over their heads are little more than "irrelevant slaves".

Under the stern but loving patronage of Nihil.

I don't think women who don't cover their heads are devoid of dignity any more than a man who doesn't pray/fast is devoid of temperance or faith.

And Shamshir, I do not know what you are trying to accomplish here, you have been insulting from your first post, and if you really have an aim beyond trolling I can not see it.
    shum

Head coverings are really just a fashion as there is no mention of it in the Quran. They may insist that it's an essential religious item of clothing if they're told to take it off for say a school uniform or something but it isn't essential in Islam at all.
    Last edited by Scruff Dog; May 17, 2013 at 09:46 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

The Hadith mention their use though.

Hadith that were written after the Quran but they're still grab offable unlike say a Sikhs turban which they do have to wear.

Head coverings are really just a fashion as there is no mention of it in the Quran. They may insist that it's an essential religious item of clothing if they're told to take it off for say a school uniform or something but it isn't essential in Islam at all.
    It is mentioned in the Qur'an and even if it wasn't mentioned, so what?

It only says women should dress modestly in the Quran. The hijab pre-dates Islam in Arabia and is essentially a fashion. Muslim women don't have to wear it and many don't. It's the same kind of thing as Muslim men growing themselves a beard, they don't particularly need to but it's fairly fashionable within the Islamic context.
    Last edited by Scruff Dog; May 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM.

It only says women should dress modestly in the Quran. The hijab pre-dates Islam in Arabia and is essentially a fashion. Muslim women don't have to wear it and many don't. It's the same kind of thing as Muslim men growing themselves a beard, they don't particularly need to but it's fairly fashionable within the Islamic context.
    Changing subject won't help. You are still wrong.

It's the same subject and where's the passage that says women must wear the hijab?

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Quote Originally Posted by Chanyu View Post
    Hello, I enjoy reading Islamic philosophy, and would be happy to answer any of your questions regarding Sunni Islam. If I do not have the answer close at hand, it may take some research, but I will try and get to everything, if anything is posted at all.
    According to Sunni tradition, why didnt Mohammed choose a clear successor? He was ill for a while but still had his faculties for thought and speech, why not go out and announce who the next top model is going to be?

Follow up question: have you apologised for 9/11 in this thread?

Happy everybody draw Muhammad day. Here is my abstract take on Muhammad in Medina.

Do the muslims in this thread find depictions of Muhammad offensive? Would you like people punished for blasphemy?

I would like you punished for drawing a picture like that on a site with so many good PS/GIMP tutorials, honestly...

To tell the truth it was just said not to care/look at pictures of him, I personally don't give a damn who draws what, but days/movements like that seem to be needlessly provocative.
    shum