Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Public Release

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Default Countdown to Public Release

Greetings followers!

We finally decided to set the release date the 5th September. This is not 100% sure, team members and testers have all real life, but I hope meanwhile we will get the little remaining tasks done.

So now, each day, Ill present you some new screenshots of Arthurian: Total War, taken by our team members or testers.

COUNTDOWN 7 DAYS
    For this first countdown, screenshots of a battle between Powys and Saxons.

Saxon Billweras and Wulbyrnan runing to action.

Charge!

Dense melee between Powysian Campwyr, Rherel and Saxon Ceorlas.

A Saxon Gesith attacked by Brythonic Marca Contwn.

Hack Attack!

Powysian cavalry fighting Gebures, Saxon levies.

Saxon Duguth facing fanatic monks.

Saxon Heorthgeneats harassed by Brythonic Marca.

Default Re: Countdown to Public Release

Very good you have done an excellent work

Damn! Cant wait! looks promising.
    Hybris

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Sure looks nice!

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

Looks like lots of smashing, bashing and slaughtering to me, I'll download it for sure!!!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this one too

Musopticon?'s Avatar Tiro

Yesh, something original yet traditional and funnily fitting to my English Philology studies. I bet the British history phase is just starting when this mod gets out, so even better.

I'll download it surely.
    I lied when I said that honesty was dead
    - NoMeansNo

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

niice! the mod looks beautiful!
    looking forward!
    5th september sure are far away now
    proud norwegian

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Well thats something to plan into the calendar

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The "charge!" pic is great! I would **** my pants if I were on the opposite side of the battle. Those untis charging are scary. Speccially in the dense grass.

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Well im sure gonna mark my calender

Those skins now are great. Gonna Download it for sure!
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Great stuff, i better go read something of this period because im totally oblivious to it.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

can you post some screenshots of the wolf warriors??? carachs picture in the POTW was great and i want to see more screenshots of those guys in action

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

You guys are amazing, the skins look wonderful. I can't wait for the release of this mod. Saxons shall be destroyed!!

Thanks people for your support! I hope all will be ready the 5th for the release

A special thanks to Prometheus for letting us use his wonderful grass mod
    You can also recognise some EB animations by Alin, for the Billweras (two-handed sword) and Marca Contwn (two handed lance).

COUNTDOWN 6 DAYS

Screenshots taken by Antagonist, one of our testers. A dramatic battle in a thunderstorm. Dal Riada (mostly mercenaries) vs Ui Neill.

Dal Riadan Arras and Briton mercenaries.

Laigini spearmen, supported by champions, beeing charged by the Ui Neill claiomhnaghta.

The Arras charging.

Ui Neill Curadha attacked by the Dinuadda-Claiomhnaghta.

Hurrah! Being from Ulster myself (and seeing as it's absolutely lashing down here in Ulster right now) this battle is most appropriate. The units seem
    vastly improved since the Ui Neill preview, and they were good then.

COUNTDOWN 5 DAYS

Today I will show you some screenies of the battle of Dunnichen, one of the 4 historic battles the mod will feature, with Anderita, Brank Aleg and Cathraeth. No Badon Hill you will say? Well, Badon will require an intensive work, as the major battle of the era, and probably the major battle of the mod. We already plan to release several battle packs as mod updates, and one of them will be 'The Battles of Arthur', featuring Badon, Camlann and the other battles featured in the Historia Brittonum, but also some less renowed battles such as Din Eydin, against the "Dogheads".

The Battle of Dunnichen - 685 AD

The battle of Dunnichen, also known as the battle of Nechtansmere, was fought on the 20th of May 685 AD. Of all the battles of Dark Age Britain it is one of the best reported, most notably by the English chronicler Bede.

By 685 AD, most of the Northern Briton kingdoms had fallen to the growing power of the Angles of Deira and Bernicia, now united under the kingdom of Northumbria. The Gododdin fell to them around 638 AD, and the Northumbrians grew strong enough to take control of southern Pictland and Dal Riada, defeating the Picts and even sending an expedition in Ireland to seize slaves.

But a new power rose in Pictland. Bridei III was the son of Beli, the king of Alcluyd, and grandson of king Nechtan of the Picts. He rose to the kingship of Fortriu, and after several successful campaigns he controlled most of Pictland and became a threat to the Northumbrian power.

Ecgfrith, the Northumbrian king, decided to invade Pictland with a strong force to stop Pictish raids into his own kingdom. The two armies met near Dunnichen, in Angus. Bridei divided his army in half, the smaller waiting for the Northumbrian army near a swamp, the bigger part hiding in the Dunnichen hills nearby.

When the Northumbrians were enough close, the smaller part of the Pictish army feigned a retreat. This was the moment Bridei had been waiting for to attack with the other part of the army. The Northumbrians, trapped in the marsh, were slaughtered, their king slain and the survivors enslaved. The Picts, and their allies from Alcluyd and Dal Riada, were totally victorious.

This victory was decisive for the future of Scotland, and it has been argued that Scotland may have never existed had the Northumbrians been victorious at Dunnichen. It definately freed the Picts, the Dal Riadans and the Britons of Alcluyd of Anglian power, and laid the groundwork for their future union.

Anglian army marching.

Pictish chodaoer awaiting.

Bridei in ambush.

The fierce Duguth.

Gai Aurmahr clashing with Northumbrian cavalry.

Picts and Britons ready to fight.

Bridei charging.

Caithdaoer standing unto the Duguth.

Campwyr fighting Wraeccan.

Dense mélée.

If you're doing daily previews you might want to make them each a separate thread, because they're a bit tucked-away in this thread, especially as you didn't make it clear in the first preview that you were going to have daily updates on the same thread.

That said, todays preview is even prettier than yesterday's. In the early previews from a few months ago, the quality of the unit skins wasn't spectacular, but recently they've become among the best out there. I especially like the worn, chipped wooden shields. They give a 'dirtiness' to the units that is absent in a lot of skins. (most notably CA's)

Those heavy cavalry look incredible too. Can't wait for the release!

It's a countdown, so, one thread

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast