Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Public Release

Default Re: Countdown to Public Release

Is that General's unit card one of the portraits from M1TW? Cause it looks great (Certainly in comparison to the stupid barbarian general cards RTW gave us)

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Yes, general portraits are from Viking Invasion, but also some RTW portraits, those of the barbarian diplomats (so without woad and bronze helmets).

COUNTDOWN 1 DAY

In one day, Arthurian: Total War will be your. The mod isn't yet totally perfect, you will see some stuff such as cards are sometime missing, you will expect better behaviour for one faction, or a nicer model for one unit. However, this won't be a final version so expect a patch or even a new version in the following weeks. At least, I hope you will be still satisfied by ATW!

Aesc, the son of the mighty Hengest and now king of the Jutes, has just decided to show you a demonstration of his power... by taking Londinium itself!

Time to attack.
    Like most Germanic armies, Aesc's host is composed of levies and accompagned by a small elite. Levies are however not all bad warriors: if the Gebures got very bad equipment, the Hundredmen have better morale and javelins, and the Ceorlas got medium quality gear, including helmet and leather armor.

The Hundredmen lined up.
    Hundredmen form a good part of germanic armies. They are not among the best fighters, but they can hold a line correctly when supported by better troops, and they got javelins. However, let on his own, a Hundremen unit won't last long facing archers, better infantry or even heavy cavalry charge.

Assault is launched.
    Here we can see the Geoguth ("Youth") attacking the Brythonic Aulue on the remparts. They are equiped with a seaxe and javelins. While not very well armored and vulnerable to missile, they got good morale and can do lot of damages.

Berserk!
    The Wulfbyrnan have taken the wall. Elite of elite, those warriors dedicated to Woden are among the best units of Arthurian: Total War. Even if they are few, they can won a good part of a battle by themselves. You will fear them.
    Wulfbyrnan aren't the only "berserker" unit in ATW. They are however not madmen, but closer to monk-warriors. You may also have to fight sometimes religious fanatics of Picts, Britons or Gaels, but by no way they can match the wulfbyrnan.

Longbows
    Germanic missile troops are not as versatile as the Briton Rhyfelwyr, but those Longbowmen are a good addition to any germanic army. Anglo-Saxons have also access to the Lideremen - slingers - and to the Frameamen and Angonmen, throwing javelins.

Duguth entering the city.
    Duguth are a formidable weapon. Those spearmen have excellent morale, and they will fight to death to defend their king. They can face almost everything. Their great shield and armor protect them from arrows, their pikes can easily get ride of cavalry, and their experience make them able to stand by most ennemy infantry.

Last stand of the defenders.
    Aesc and his horsmen have entered the fight. Unlike other Germanic factions, the Jutish generals got mounted bodyguards, giving them more mobility on the battlefield. Germanic cavalry isn't as bad as often believed, but they do not have access to lot of mounted warriors. The Eored is simply mounted ceorlas, and they can also train gesithas on horseback. But the main strenght of germanic armies is their levies available in very large numbers, supported by excellent elite warriors.

Caer Lundein has fall!

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Real nice with those Viking portraits

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Tiro

If slightly possible, will there be some static download link, please? For those of us with unstable dialup (not that it is that slow, but it is really unstable, which makes file sharing sites hard-usable, as downloading tools with pause option are not usable without paid accounts).
    Thanks in advance ;-)

Ill first upload the mod on megapupload then probably some testers that have their own forums will mirror it so it will be ok

Sarge_Scot's Avatar Foederatus

Great job Agraes! Those skins are excellant, and I love the names of all the units, especially the Gaelic ones. Most of all though, You can't begin to imagine how pleased I was to hear that you are releasing the campaign mode as well. I was devestated when I downloaded Crusader TW and Napolionic 2 TW and found out there was no campaign yet, and actually none ever for N2TW. Thanks so much. Excellant work.

Oh and a question- what country are you from? Your english is good but I can tell you are not a native speaker.

Im a Breton, so even if I don't live in Ynis Prydein, my far ancestors came from there

Sarge_Scot's Avatar Foederatus

You're a Breton? That's awesome. Then you speak Brezhoneg? Then I say salud deoc'h, trugarez, ha kenavo! Don't bother writing any back...thats all I know.

Now I reply in my language- Latha math, tapadh leibh, agus mar sin leibh an-drasda!

I got basics of Breton, but not very much than what you did said

A little bonus... fresh skins I just finished.

They look fantastic! Will they make it into tomorrow's release?

Yes, and Im currently playing with them. They will only lack cards

Gavmundo's Avatar Senator
    Morecambe, UK ... in the realms of the North!

I have to say i'm a bit of a lurker here but have followed the mod since it first appeared and am really looking forward to tomorrow's release. I play a number of mods but this has been the mod that has generated the most excitment from me (this and the Crusades). I really miss playing MTW:Viking Invasion (as my comp won't play it in Hi Res and i can't live with the low res graphics) and this is the closest thing to that although, clearly, far superior. So much background is put into the preview posts as well. It's a joy to visit the forum.

My only disappointment is I'm off on holiday to Tunisia on Sunday so only have 5 days to play

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Very nice interface.

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

Quote Originally Posted by Gavmundo
    I have to say i'm a bit of a lurker here but have followed the mod since it first appeared and am really looking forward to tomorrow's release. I play a number of mods but this has been the mod that has generated the most excitment from me...
    This is THE mod to have for BI.

content de voir que tu arrives au bout du tunnel !!
    je l'installerai avec grand plaisir !!
    Hegemonia's historian, coder, skinner, 2D work... and all the rest too !!

loet66's Avatar Senator

Can't wait.

Again a great mod for my favourite game.

Thanks a lot.

Can't wait !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agraes
    Im a Breton, so even if I don't live in Ynis Prydein, my far ancestors came from there
    A Breton? I think that by helping making this mod portraing the struggle of your ancestors, you are making them proud. A great hommage if I ever saw one.

Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

So, what time is this mod going active???? Ive been in work all day selling cars and need to do some serious Saxon bashing!!!! Hope you aint hit a problem mate. Good luck with the mod

I gladly announce you that I just started to upload a wonderful baby of an approximate weight of 164MB.

I spend most of the day testing and doing last changes with Swabian. It won't be perfect, but I hope you will like it

Depending on the upload rate, the file will be ready in several hours. So it maybe not out the 5th September GMT time, but maybe good for other inhabitants of the world

I need a fresh beer!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast