Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hegemonia Script Suggestions!!!

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: Script Suggestions!

My 3 cents on everything.

- I like the idea of savaging ships, realistic, although I don't know if its capable of working. After battles where one side possesses an overwealming force could claim its opposing forces ships. Also when a city is under seige by land and that city has its own ships in the dock, might it be possible for those ships to result to the owner ship of the beseiging forces when that said city falls. Realistic as in the case of Athenian rescue of corcyca circa 380 BCE from the beseiging forces of sparta on land and by sea, however,sparta had already taken the port and but not the city.

- I also like the suggestion to limit full stacked forces by increasing maintaince and training cost. Armies at the time only campaign in the late spring to late summer seasons, in the winter armies were usually disbanded to return to their farms, excluding beseiging forces, who usually left behind detachments during winter season to continue the seige. Potidai by Athens in the pelopennesian war.

- Factions that can reapear: Theory- Athens conquers Boetian cities, corinth, and argos, just for fun. Sparta instead of taking each city instead goes straight to athens and in a few turns takes the city. What if after Athens fall, corinth, argos, and all those boetian cities, like thebes, return to its original owners, realistic, in terms of cities regaining their indepence, but is it possible in this game to allow cities conquered in war to revolt back to its original owners when the capital city of its new owner falls.
    Also if Athens did fall is there a way to allow that player say its a human player to remain in the game by allowing athens to keep those cities that it started out with, or to create a stack somewhere like in BI. Exiles?

-Alliances and treaties were highly common in Greece. After battles truces were declared to recover the dead, when generals fell in battle sometimes the two forces either retired under truce or fought harder. When ever one city in greece gain too much power other cities always rose up in alliances against it. Question is can those alliance ideas proposed by pelopidasbe adapted to the rtw engine.

About the career system for a character, it is one of the ideas brought about from the community, and quickly became a fun.
    It is true that the idea of emerging as a sole commander in your faction e.g when playing sparta for example, advancing from the agoge to the rank of dekarchos and after several years commanding an army or governing a town can be tricky in many ways but i believe to be one of the best there is.
    It will call for a great in realistic terms representation of the condition any individual faced at the time.
    And it will end up boosting the portrait of history from micro to macro lvl. It will both prove challenging and nervy.

Many times the success or failure of a battle was in hands of individual commanders, and it was through success that they rose to comand the fate of their nation/ faction or to save them in dire situations. Imagine also the possibility of battles, on which the survival of your faction depended, and you get to command a small part of the army.

Many times the individual didnt agree on his faction's politics but he had to obey nevertheless, particulry if you play as sparta. In many cases he was raised to obey..
    Errors and false decisions on the behalf of AI' policy would even further make the player's outcomes more significant, but in terms of realism that had and still happens.
    It would still be in the player's hands to chane the route of events, and that would only become each time he grows more immense, as the command of his faction's fate would increase.
    Its one of those ideas aiming to spice considerably the gameplay of the game and to bring forth another dimension. This would not change the whole idea of the game, it will expand to an extra challenge. And if you think about it its a rather simple idea. I think on of the goals of the heg team is to strive for balance. Having that in mind, i think and only hope that the idea can work and have a great effect.
    Although if implemented it should be kept to an "optional" level.

If it was optional I could go for that. But no matter what you did some factions would still get hammered. And that would get frustrating as hell. You know how it is on RTW. There are always those few factions that ALWAYS get killed off early. Controlling one unit in that faction is not going to save it. No matter how well you do. Maybe an entire stack. That would improve your chances drastically.

Again though if it was optional that would be ok by me. lol, like I am the Grandmaster of Decisions or something.
    Member of S.I.N.

Great work Hegemonia !!!

There are a posibility, in the diplomatic options to make a league how the ancient Peloponesian league, the Athenīs maritime league, the Calcidian league (Olintos), the statesī confederation in Tesalia or Epirus.... In the which the aliances between cities states will be a more durable...etc ???

In reference to Delphi, I come back to expose the posibility to represent "the amfictiones". These had votes (two for the dorians, 2 for the acheans... zero for the focidians jajaj) and they could choose a "Hegemon" of Greece. How the Senate faction in Rome Total War...

... In the 356bc, in central greece, the amfictiones of Delphi accused to the focidians. These must pay a fine, but the focidians movilized his troops (Mercenaries and peltast) and attacked and occuped Delphi. So, the third sacred war satarted... Filomeno (Focidians), Locrians, Thesalians... PIM PAM more late, the Tebans and Macedonians and Onomarco (Focidians) BIM BAM... . When the war over, the Focidians had lose his votes in the "Amfictiona"... Philip had four votes, so, he was named Hegemon for command the troops of greece....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE!!!!!!!

New Unit for the Spartans:

AGATHOERGOI: Veteran hippeis, selected for special misions.
    Last edited by Solon de Atenas; January 11, 2007 at 05:29 PM.

Hm... I seem to remember a script suggestion that was supposed to reflect a hasty garrison levy in a city under siege - most probably only for the capital city of the faction being attacked. The levy might also be insta-disbanded when the siege was over (the attackers withdrawn).

I don't know if you're going ahead with this suggestion, but I remembered this one from you Argive faction preview:

"The city itself avoided destruction when Telesila, a renown Argive poetess gather the women, children and the old men and gave them weapons from the sanctuaries, and placed them in positions where the Spartans would attack. The Spartans however, thinking that would be a disgrace to attack old women and children, eventually withdrew."

So, how about a including a "women-armed-with-rusty-broken-artifacts" () unit (non-recruitable of course) that may appear randomly in the garrison of the besieged capital (esp. if the siege comes after a bloody battle), in which case the attacking army will not be allowed to attack - eg no ladders, rams or "flaming pigs" () possible - since it's "a disgrace to attack old women and children". They'll either have to wait it out (like 10 turns or more, since it's the capital and probably has adequate defenses) or eventually abandon the siege...

It should complicate a bit more the process of eliminating a faction from the game...

PS: I know it's a silly suggestion, but hey... it happened - if only just once

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

What if you made it so that only important cities could get city lv 4-5 and could build walls? Some one did this for EB and RTR and it greatly adds to the game as it makes forts and garrisons much more necessesary. Also could you add historical battles into the campaign and script it so if you play as a certain faction, you fight the battle in a certain year, and have different effects if you win/lose?

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Walls will be rarer than they were in Rome specific factions will get some areas others wont etc. As for the historical battle in campaign Id love this but i have no idea if its possible im just one of the unit guys lol
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_of_rob View Post
    Walls will be rarer than they were in Rome specific factions will get some areas others wont etc. As for the historical battle in campaign Id love this but i have no idea if its possible im just one of the unit guys lol
    I know the historical battles idea is possible because it will be featured in the next release of RTR. And I'm pretty sure that EB has been pondering the idea as well. (btw if you get this mod finished and it is well done, I think it has the potential to be up there with EB and RTR)

is this thread dead ro something because no one has posted in like 10 days

Yes historical battles are possible but we haven't gotten to them... main game first huh?

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

well, i know the main game is the main priority as I'm well aware of, but will the team consider placing the historical battles in the campaign?

Baer's Avatar Laetus

I don't know if it is done in real but in movies you see often the generals first moving forward to see if they can change the mind of the other general.
    So what I suggest is something like a diplomatic tab before the battle takes place.

In the Netherlands it happend that a the dutch people fled to sea to be safe for a while and went gone piratiring (I dont know if the word exist but I think you can guess that it means being pirates). Later they returned to a city called Middelburg (the city was under control of the spanish) and the city let them just went in the spanish flag was burned and the dutch flag rised. A part of the army went to other city that often did the samething. Is it possible to let a city surrender when an army of the former ruling people arrives at the region? or when boats of that army arrives at the port or of course if the people see that the enemy army is much to big and no help is near.
    If not would it be an option to create in HCS

What about areaīs whit kingdoms I mean there the oldest son will be the next rule of the empire and areaīs whit democracy like athens there a leader wont be chosen by yourself but by the people so it must be there a suprise how will be leader. And Sparta had two kings because a twin where born and the Oracle said they had to be both king.

Also reformed a man of Thebe the phalax formation into at the left 12 men and at the right 16 men. Philippus II of Macedon to this formation into his own hoplites. So you could bring this new formation active in Thebe and Macedon around the time Philippus II ruled.

And something like copy units whould be fun. In XGM they had auxilia barracks but it didnt give much extra. You could do the samething but now use the stronger units like when you conquer Sparta you get copy spartan hoplites but of course not as strong as the originals.

Also an option to create your own units durning the game with specials for each faction, whit the idea above you could take copy specials from other factions and create your own super units the stronger they are the more they cost and the longer the need to be recuited. You could also say that you could just create one a turn. Of course the able defense and weapons depends on the status of your barracks, stables, archery ranges, temples, govenors houses and of course forges in town.

What I really hate in the vanilla folder is that greek cities can make only temples for 3 or 4 gods. I mean greek worship more gods than just those 4.
    Before people went to sea they went to a temple of poseidon to prey for a safe journey. So I think every faction must have the possibility to create one temple at one city but may chose from every god they know and the athenians had one temple for the unknow god Just in case they forgotten one.

I hope you can do something with this information.

sorry for the worse english.

Inspirational Leaders !

How about a script that randomly spawns a Leader with exceptional qualities.
    Qualaties to boost morale, happiness, loyalty, productivity etc. This special character should have abilities way above normal levels.
    Epaminandos, Alexandros, Leonidas, as examples if they are within timeframe or some such similar character.

lot of good idea, guys.
    but maybe can you help us more if you explain how to do it in script.

for exemple, i search how to make a trait "winter" which appear only in winter and disappear in summer.
    EB did it, but i don't understand really what i need to write for this script.
    Hegemonia's historian, coder, skinner, 2D work... and all the rest too !!

If I'm honest, I wouldn't know where to begin to write a script. If I could, I would be volunteering myself to the team.

If anyone can point me toward a beginners guide to scripting, I'll be happy to have a go, provided someone can help guide me on what I need to know before I start tinkering with the program.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by strikerjd View Post
    lot of good idea, guys.
    but maybe can you help us more if you explain how to do it in script.

for exemple, i search how to make a trait "winter" which appear only in winter and disappear in summer.
    EB did it, but i don't understand really what i need to write for this script.
    Canīt you find this out by asking one the guy who wrote it for EB?
    :hmmm: Iīm just wondering...
    "Most people are like a leaf which is blown and turning around through the air,and wavers, and tumbles to the ground.
    But others, a few, are like stars, they go on a fixed course, no wind reaches them, in themselves they have their law and their course."

Siddhartha in Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, Chapter Six

Well I thought I'd pm the script-man of EB, and went looking in their topic, but they have so man men out there...

maybe you can find him: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72119

Quinctius.

"Scripting (LorDBula): Task lead gathers and assigns scripting tasks and coordinates and tests scripts. Scripters write and test scripts for events in EB. Assisted by The Mark (semi-active), Atilius, Pritzl. Placement and scripted death of "Fog-of-War Spies" being worked on by Anallein."

I guess one of those guys can help you.
    "Most people are like a leaf which is blown and turning around through the air,and wavers, and tumbles to the ground.
    But others, a few, are like stars, they go on a fixed course, no wind reaches them, in themselves they have their law and their course."

catintheoven's Avatar Senator

permanent forts in strategically vital areas such as the isthmus of corinth and the pass of thermopylae would be good as a faction could block access to the peloponese or southern greece, passes were very important in the mountainous country so if you could capture the fort youd have an advantage

another idea is that when ports are blockaded the farm land around the sea is also ruined like an army was on it as the fleet would of raided inland as the athenians did

another idea would be plague breaking out when a city is seiged for 2 or 3 turns as happened in real life
    Last edited by catintheoven; May 09, 2007 at 04:13 PM.

In the UK we are a democracy one day in four years when we elect our oligarchy

Quote Originally Posted by catintheoven View Post
    permanent forts in strategically vital areas such as the isthmus of corinth and the pass of thermopylae would be good as a faction could block access to the peloponese or southern greece, passes were very important in the mountainous country so if you could capture the fort youd have an advantage
    I think that permanent forts are not necessary. Since your generals can build fortifications almost wherever you order them to there is no need to have extra forts even in certain areas like the Isthmus or the "Hot Gates".

I mean you can send a general and build there a fort. This will at least hold back the enemy for one round. If you need more time than you should probably work more on your reconnaissance...

What there maybe could be done is extend the time one needs to build siege machines... but I wouldnīt favour that either...

another idea is that when ports are blockaded the farm land around the sea is also ruined like an army was on it as the fleet would of raided inland as the athenians did
    Donīt you think itīs enough when youīve a trade loss soon as a port of yours is blocked?

another idea would be plague breaking out when a city is seiged for 2 or 3 turns as happened in real life
    Thatīs a good one. I would like this more when just the chances for a plague considerbly grew after two turns of siege instead of automatical suffering after the same time. This would make it less predictable and thus more exciting.

Just my opinion on your ideas.