Thread: Modding Traits

Default Modding Traits

Hello!

Long time lurker, infrequent poster here

First of all, Regions and Provinces is the only way I play MTW:2, and have for years! No ifs, buts or howevers! I just really like the mod

Now that I'm sort of looking to play different styles of games that are a bit more fantasy chivalric than realistic medieval, I'm just wondering if I could get some help in terms of editing traits?

Basically what I want to do is remove the Supply, Education and Loyalty traits from the game, so they can still have cool personality traits but don't have some of the ones I'd rather not have in, for preference sake.

I have extensively searched for modding traits, but what comes up mostly is about how to add traits, or use the console to mod them. There's nothing I can find that shows how to remove traits from the game. When I tried editing the traits file, the game crashes on starting up a game!

(If there are tutorials around, I am happy to be proven wrong and directed towards one! I just want to stress I'm looking for the way to take traits out of the game, not add new ones in!)

I thought I would post here because it's this mod that I'd like to change out of fussines rather than anything else. I want to stress again that I love this mod and I really think it's what MTW:2 should have been!

tl;dr Could I get some steps on how to remove traits from the game, specifically this mod? Thanks!

Thanks!

Default Re: Modding Traits

Follow the steps required to add traits in reverse. Also check descr_strat to make sure no characters start with them.

The game probably crashed because you tried reloading a save instead of starting a new game after erasing the traits.

Default Re: Modding Traits

Ah, brilliant! Thanks for the sensible advice