Thread: Should i wait?

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Default Should i wait?

With all this negative site reviews and also negative player reviews, do you guys think i should wait for a patch or 2 before playing the game? I would really hate to start a campaign only to find out that the AI is terrible or the performance is bad(wich seems to be the case) i love the total war series and i've played every game day one but with rome 2 i am not sure...

✠Ikaroqx✠'s Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Should i wait?

Unless you have R2OD (Rome 2 obsessive disorder) I would recommend that you do. Having bought each total war game since Rome 1 months and years after release I've been fortunate to have had very few bugs and overall a polish user experience (even Empire!).

I think it is better to wait a few months for the game to improve and enjoy it more than if you were to be disappointed with a buggy, flawed game at release. Personally I've got plenty of games to satisfy me before I buy Rome 2.
    Signature loading...

Most people judge after playing for 2 hours, it has been this way on every total war release so far. Wait 2 weeks, and after that all problems should be patched and fixed. I really don't get all the fuss.

I myself want to wait,buying this right now is too risky and somehow stupid,maybe patches can't correct the game at all.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

My game disk is due on Friday.
    However I think I will wait a few weeks before I bother to install it.
    I tend to look at the general reports and take an overall assessment of good points and bad.
    If the game is good then I will be happy. If not well I shall bin it and continue with older games.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    My game disk is due on Friday.
    However I think I will wait a few weeks before I bother to install it.
    I tend to look at the general reports and take an overall assessment of good points and bad.
    If the game is good then I will be happy. If not well I shall bin it and continue with older games.
    That is crazy talk. You will be up all night lying in bed saying to yourself: "Don't play RTW, Don't play RTW". And then RTW is calling out: "magpieee magggggpieeeeee".

Personally I recommend to wait till steam winter sale and buy it with 75% discount because in current states this game is absolute crap and not worth paying $60. It need serious patching as well as a lot of modding.

Civitate

I'm strongly considering waiting too.

Unfortunately I'm not a casual Total War gamer, as you can probably tell by how long I've been here and how many posts I have. Granted, I haven't purchased any recent Total War games after Empire, primarily because I got out of gaming for a while, but when I play a Total War game I get really into it. Fortunately, I don't have R2OD so I do not feel the need to immediately purchase a product that many do not consider to be finished yet.

I didn't buy Shogun 2, and if the urge for a new Total War experience strikes me really bad I may consider it instead of Rome 2, since many have said it was pulled off excellently and has one of the strongest AIs of Total War to date.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

I think i will wait, there are other games i can play so i think my best bet is to wait

Definitely wait. It's a half-finished game at the moment.

Currently according to Steam stats there are 106,153 people playing Rome 2. Yet a few hundred complaining on the forums. What does that tell you? It tells me the vast majority are happily playing Rome 2. I'm currently about to install mine right now, then i too shall be off happily playing Rome 2. (I hope

Indefinitely Banned

Rome 2 is just fantastic. nuff said...

ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES

Yea if it is so fantastic why is it yellow on metacritic then and why so many issues posted on the forum? Some people have either zero taste or will just settle for pretty much anything.And metacritic is normally the best source out there hence why CA have thier own staff monitor and analyze metacritic.
    3570K 4700mhz cooled with Corsair H80 // Asus Z77 // MSI GTX 580
    16GB 2400mhz DDR3 // Crucial M4 256GB Raid 0 // Dell 2007WFP

I bought it and it's okay to have a look at.

However I personally feel I should be payed for beta-testing rather than paying to beta testing considering the stage of development the game currently is at.

Nothing new - TW games have always been terrible at release. Mods managed to fix MTW, MTW2 and Shogun2 - even heavily modded BI was fun as well.

Old TW games used to be like arthouse movies and compared to the general decline of the gaming industry thanks to cross-porting everything to consoles, CA deserevs financial support, but I rather feel like a donor as opposed to a customer.

under the patronage of Belisarius

ShadowAU92's Avatar Foederatus

It's got issues, many bugs, graphics problems, cut content or content that wasn't delivered as promised/show, lots of install problems for a lot of people, but after all that? I've got about 13 hours in and am enjoying the hell out of the game, it's up to you.
    Service Done
    Service Totally Unsung
    Nonetheless
    Is Service Done
    Now We Say Tallarook
    Goodnight, Shipmates
    Godbless
    And Bloody Well Done
    --------------------------
    HMAS Sydney II -
    Lest We Forget

depends on how badly you want to play it....

At the moment campaign is insanely sluggish......custom battles work fine though

I'd say wait though.....I did get it though and thankfully havent experienced the horror stories I've recently heard....well except turns take kinda too long.....lol

I'd wait. This is as bad as empire. Shogun2 was better, play that.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    If you ever lived next to a volcano, the fact that you had nothing to do with your neighbour failing to properly throw in his virgin daughter to appease the local deity doesn't stop the lava from engulfing your home.