View Poll Results: Does Rome 2 run acceptably on your rig?

Voters
269. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it does

114 42.38%
  • No, it does not.

155 57.62%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 performance issues poll

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

Default Rome 2 performance issues poll

In the interests of SCIENCE, please vote in this poll to indicate whether or not you are experiencing performance issues with Rome 2. I want to get a feel for how widespread the problems are.

Note: that's performance issues. Nothing about the AI or how the game sucks/is great. Just whether it runs acceptably or not. This includes frame rate, turn processing times and graphics quality, as compared to what you feel your PC should be capable of.

Also, feel free to reply with your machines specs and some kind of pithy comment about the performance you're getting (Ex: "both runs and looks like dogshit", "awesome!" "barely acceptable", "it's like actually being there", "runs smooth but looks like crap", "smells of wee" etc etc).

For SCIENCE.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

Default Re: Rome 2 performance issues poll

i5 4670K at 4.2ghz under Corsair H100i cooler 2x GTX 680 2gb in SLI16gb 1866 DDR3 Samsung 840 Pro 25GB SSDWin7 Extreme present w/ ultra unit detail and shadows. Campaign map: looks good, stutters, random big stutters. Battles: looks... pretty bad. Units appear dark and tiny on screen. Everything stutters once melee is joined, not even zooming in. This game runs much, much worse than any previous TW title for me, ETW-S2TW. UI: This is the worst part... all the faces and maps etc. just look aboslutely ancient without MSAA. Dear god they look cut out in MS paint.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Blargh, don't remind me.

ing 2 second pauses every minute-or-so.

Can barely pull 30 frames on a 20 vs. 20 battle on lowest settings. (when fighting is occurring)

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

i5-3570k standard clock
    XFX Radeon 7850 2GB
    16 Gigs of RAM
    1024X768 Monitor

Playing on Extreme (with the exception of Shadows which are on low, and Vegetative Alpha which is off). Performance is really good actually. Better than Shogun 2 for me.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

AMD 64 X2 dual core 2.9, 4gb of ram, and an Nivida GeForce GTS 450.

can't top that beast.

Anyway, it's run acceptable in battle, but the campaign has these few second of random lag; which, totally pisses me off.

So I pick, "kinda"

Oh what? That's not an option?

So, I will not vote, FOR SCIENCE!

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
    4 GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    On a MS-7346 Motherboard

PERFORMANCE INFO: Looks like a absolute pelican . Runs even worse.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?

[dp]
    Last edited by Tim_Ward; September 05, 2013 at 06:23 PM.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

intel core i3, gpu 2.1ghz, 4ghz ram

won't say it exactly looks that nice. But other than the units i barely notice it.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

GeForce Experience recommends these settings for my GPU: Low-medium graphics.I have a GTX 780, the second most powerful GPU on the market.

Irishman's Avatar Let me out of my mind

i5 4670, GTX 770 16g ram. Runs very well until you get very large battles, then some stuttering (on full extreme). Wouldn't expect stuttering with 4-5K men, so not quite there.
    The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Under the perspicacious and benevolent patronage of the great and honorable Rez and a member of S.I.N

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

i7 3840MX, 680GTX SLi, 32g ram and 4x256SSD in Raid0 and I need to play on Medium if I want to have stable 20+FPS...
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    i7 3840MX, 680GTX SLi, 32g ram and 4x256SSD in Raid0 and I need to play on Medium if I want to have stable 20+FPS...
    Christ.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Mostly it running well, but one time I got hugeeeee fps lost when I played in rainy weather.

i5 4570s, 8gb ram, GTX 760 2gb.

Ultra settings, except large units, medium textures and low shadows.

Laggy campaign map (laggs all the time!). Big laggs once the units clash into each other in battle. Laggfest in battles with 20 and more units (my + opponents). Playable, but pain.
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

I have a fairly dated rig (almost 2 years old, I7 3930k @3.2 Ghz, 16 gigs of DDR3 ram, 2x GTX 680 in SLI) and despite this game not even supporting SLI, I can run it just fine at 6000*1080 on extreme settings.

The problem is that a lot people have fairly old computers because due to cross-platform titles, all they needed was xbox/PS3 performance and any mainstream title would run perfectly and with better textures even on a discounter laptop.

Compared to a proper PC at the time, these platforms were outdated at release. People apparently got used to buy a dirt-cheap computer at wall-mart and expect it to run anything better than a console.

I understand the gripes - 500$ may be a lot of money for a kid, and most of them are confronted with a title purely designed for PCs, and not for 8 year old dirt-cheap consoles for the very first time.

Yes - the game is poorly optimized, but most people complaining are just running terrible hardware.

under the patronage of Belisarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif de Bodemloze♔ View Post
    Mostly it running well, but one time I got hugeeeee fps lost when I played in rainy weather.
    Hmm. Interesting. Try bringing your PC indoors.

i5 4670k, 560ti 2gb, 8 gigs ram.

Getting 30+ fps on extreme minus shadows on low. Frames drop on end turn and when I go near smoke on the battlefield.
    Finally got muh sharks.

AMD FX-4100
    GeForce 550GTX Ti
    8 GB DDR3

This setup is an upgrade from the rig I had when I played Shogun 2 (AMD Athlon II X2 250, GeForce 250 GTX, 6 GB DDR2), which ran well on mostly medium to high settings across the board. It's a misnomer when CA claims if you're able to run Shogun 2 on a low to mid-range rig, you'd be able to run Rome 2 without difficulty; but when people with better rigs than mine are having serious lag issues, CA needs to go back and tweek something.

Aside from Unit Detail and Texture Detail, most everything has to be run on Medium settings to avoid serious lag, and Unit size has to be set to Large to avoid any undo stress.

i5-3570k standard clock
    Gigabyte HD 7870 2GB with latest Catalyst Drivers
    16 Gigs of RAM
    1920X1080 Monitor Resolution

Playing on Extreme settings. Smooth as silk - no stutters - no graphics artifacting or tearing. Looks friggin' amazing.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

AMD Athlon X2 250 Dual Core (3.2ghz)
    8gb RAM
    ATI Radeon HD5850 (1gb) graphics card

I know its not a perfect rig, but the game stutters like mad for me, even on medium-high settings (with medium unit size). I could run Shogun easily on these settings previously.

I dunno, what do you lads think?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast