Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 28 hrs into rome II what i think.

Default Re: 28 hrs into rome II what i think.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    so...enlighten me ... what game breaking bugs did you encounter ... and please keep in mind that game breaking means it keeps you from continuing to play.
    Game breaking bugs ARE ones "only" spoiling fun. Like non-existent AI. Sure- it's not crash to desktop, but what's the point of playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    LOL! Are you on some kind of quest to prove to the people in here that the game is not broken? Give it a rest dude, you are making yourself look like a fool.
    +1 Under every thread with complaints You are there with Your "what's Your problem "dude" game is fine, You're over exaggerating!"

What's wrong with the dde. It's been explained whats game breaking about Rome2. Do you dissagree?

Flags in open field battles? You are fighting and a randomly generated flag pops up and you have to rush to it before a timer goes off? You don't find that game breaking? Im not giving you a hard time im just asking how you can ignore that.

the naval battles are so bugged they need to be autoreolved. No problem?

The Ai won't even defend a city properly. Do you actualy feel you earned a victory?

Where are the enemy armies? How big a stack do you ever have invade and how often? doesn't bother you the lack of fear you have of your oponent?

See any super powers steamrolling to crush you? Cool with that?

The list goes on and on. I mea alot of this game will get fixed...because it's presently broken.

But dude do none of those things take away from the game to you? It's a real bummer to me man. Great the timer when off in the middle of the field so one side was victorious. The potential of this game is so huge that they have to get to work and make this release ready. But do you think they will adfmit they were wrng and actualy remove the flag and capture point aspects of battle? Because they make battles realy pointless with no tactics involved and no fear of losing. The Ai on top of all that and you don't find it game breaking?

I still have hope for this game about 4 months from now or longer. But s of now? The game is clearly broken. Battles are the main feature and they are a mess.

I think the game has great potential for expansion. I really like the provincial/regional system. I like the massive increase in faction numbers (even if the vast majority are unplayable).

I do hope some good modifications spring up.

It has its bugs and issues, but I assume patches will be released to fix them soon. I haven't experienced any "game-breakers" myself. The only negative is the capture points, combined with AI stupidity. Seriously where do they get these AI coders? They genuinely have no clue when it comes to military strategy of the age. I would have thought there'd have been some improvement since the original Rome game in AI strategy/tactics.

I look forward to getting myself a new laptop very soon so I can see it with optimal graphics.

Triple post
    Last edited by CatoTheYounger; September 06, 2013 at 07:55 AM.

CAI on Legendary mode is gonna win the Peace nobel price...There´s no patch on earth to fix this game

Foederatus

Did any of you try Empire: total war on release? Imo it actually got fixed with patches and mods. If they can fix that then this should be easy, at least I am not crashing like I did constantly in empire.

played about 10 hourse so far, no crashes and only about 20 seconds wait on end turn

Foederatus

Did any of you try Empire: total war on release? Imo it actually got fixed with patches and mods. If they can fix that then this should be easy, at least I am not crashing like I did constantly in empire.

played about 10 hourse so far, no crashes and only about 20 seconds wait on end turn

@Pedalos ETW was never fixed by patches...I believe is gonna happen again with R2TW

Quote Originally Posted by CatoTheYounger View Post
    What's wrong with the dde. It's been explained whats game breaking about Rome2. Do you dissagree? etc.
    Yes. Everything you describe classifies as fun-breaking, not game-breaking. The_Dude merely chose to take the term "game-breaking" to mean what it actually means, while you're trying to magnify your gripes by putting as big a label on them as you can. Because this is the Internet, where negativity is king, and the harder you rave the more of a tough guy you are, right? So when someone tries to put things in perspective even a bit, you counter with an ad-hominem attack, which is real big of you. Bravo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12