Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Also the Guardian Sinks Rome II

Default Also the Guardian Sinks Rome II

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...rome-ii-review

Rome: Total War is one of the most brilliant games I've ever played. Total War: Rome II inverts far more than the name. This does not channel the greatest military empire in history so much as the pale shadow of its ending; a bloated, technically corrupt and unfocused mess.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Default Re: Also the Guardian Sinks Rome II

Auch...

True story!

Phew phew good god!

What a punch line there Guardian!

That hurts!!! hahahah!! TRUE hurts

Very insightful review.

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Ops...
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Ye Olde Fahrt's Avatar Miles

It is an articulate and well written article, when you read it all, and begs the question: how on earth did the first reviews out there conclude in raving 91% ratings? Another quote:
    Rome II feels like an unfinished game. It is a cruel fact that if you pick this up in a Steam sale in six months' time you'll get a much better experience, and the people who were foolish enough to put their faith and money upfront get the worst of it.
    I remain confident there's a great game deep down there, but indeed CA project management should have flagged the company to allow a month or three of additional testing time...
    My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum. - Roma Surrectum III

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

yet the metro says its the best of the series, bah! at least we know what's true.

"Rome II feels like an unfinished game. It is a cruel fact that if you pick this up in a Steam sale in six months' time you'll get a much better experience, and the people who were foolish enough to put their faith and money upfront get the worst of it.The developers behind Total War: Rome II clearly have enormous talent; but this game as a whole is a failure of project management."So true

"Rome: Total War is one of the most brilliant games I've ever played." Hahaha can't believe that ****
    The only thing brilliant about RTW was its modability (and modding community).. game itself was 'bloated, technically corrupt and unfocused mess' with dead AI, 3 (4) roman factions (all broken), arcani-ninjas, uber-elephants, return of the mummy egyptians and purple-pajamas parthians..

I already see review of TW Rome3 in 2021.: 'After two previous Rome Tw games, both brilliant and legendary, TWRome3 is a huge disappointment with poor optimization, bad ai, fast battles and uber-elephants.. hope they'll change it soon.'
    Last edited by arthuros; September 06, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Payai Dunai's Avatar Libertus

Decent review. They clearly overrate Rome 1 though.

Icon6 Re: Also the Guardian Sinks Rome II

Quote Originally Posted by Ye Olde Fahrt View Post
    It is an articulate and well written article, when you read it all, and begs the question: how on earth did the first reviews out there conclude in raving 91% ratings? Another quote:I remain confident there's a great game deep down there, but indeed CA project management should have flagged the company to allow a month or three of additional testing time...
    Well the answer is pretty simple..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXd155v8Z5U Anyone, and I literally mean ANYONE who thinks that most popular gaming sites and reviewers are objective and not biased should read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gerstmann Ah it's not just about gaming.Remember this is first and foremost PRODUCT and if all everyday products we use were of the same quality as Rome 2 (food,cars,houses,machines etc.) we would all live like hobos. And just like some hobos are content with their life quality also some gamers are really easy to please and I can guaranty you that if all we got for 60 bucks was just Rome 2 icon and all other stuff was cut there would STILL be people praising it and calling it precious. One more thing to all these stupid,arogant pricks who call everyone who disagree with them children,morons etc. (aka fanboys) : Go play with your precious-one if it's sooooooo great.What the are you doing here on the forums if it's thaaaaat good and you like it so much.Jeesh, you are worse than CNN propaganda.Oh yeah, I completly forgot, silly me.For you it's just another 'objestive' mass media which is COMPLETLY unbiased just like IGN. Yo CA's employees in disguise,brainwashed or simply people with positive opinion about game.If it's everything so great,and if we are minority,and if steam numbers are increasing (nope they droped today and probably will keep doing so) leave us alone and play with your toy. If it's so great ofcourse.

Very insightful review.

I think the review was pretty good, but didn't go really into any detail. I agree with the issue with no consequences for losing an army and the technical issues, but those things are not enough to "sink" the game. The great new things about RTW2 are legion, but people rarely see anybody talking about them.

As a great example of stupid bandwagon hating on this game, I've seen a video on youtube where some mini-brain walks a testudo into melee and gets annoyed when it gets broken up. He then announces that the testudo is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by arthuros View Post
    "Rome: Total War is one of the most brilliant games I've ever played." Hahaha can't believe that **** The only thing brilliant about RTW was its modability (and modding community).. game itself was 'bloated, technically corrupt and unfocused mess' with dead AI, 3 (4) roman factions (all broken), arcani-ninjas, uber-elephants, return of the mummy egyptians and purple-pajamas parthians.. I already see review of TW Rome3 in 2021.: 'After two previous Rome Tw games, both brilliant and legendary, TWRome3 is a huge disappointment with poor optimization, bad ai, fast battles and uber-elephants.. hope they'll change it soon.'
    You see this is exactly the difference between Rome I and Rome II. If you have a polished game with working mechanics and propper gameplay, you have enogh room to complain about historical accuracy.Noticed that there is nearly no complaints now after the release about historical inaccuracy in the game? Before the launch it was very important for me, now not at all. With broken mechanics, interface, AI and balancing you don't really care about uber-elephants or things like that.

This is the best part: Rome: Total War is one of the most brilliant games I've ever played. Total War: Rome II inverts far more than the name. This does not channel the greatest military empire in history so much as the pale shadow of its ending; a bloated, technically corrupt and unfocused mess. YES!!

Campidoctor

The Guardian does video game reviews now?

Rome I was a total joke!

Rome means Europa Barbarorum to me. No more no less. Without mods like EB, RTR, Surrectum it was nothing. That's the truth for me.

Rome I was a total joke!

Rome means Europa Barbarorum to me. No more no less. Without mods like EB, RTR, Surrectum it was nothing. That's the truth for me.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast