Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to attack city if blockaded by another faction?

Default Re: Unable to attack city if blockaded by another faction?

Technically speaking, a crappy 'I-want-it-all' player can blockade a significant number of cities to make sure no other factions take them until he has the forces to do it himself. It's lousy and an impetus breaking problem
    Stupidity is the natural state of human beings; brilliance is when we fail at stupidity.

Speaking of which...

I am ever more reminded of this guy when browsing certain threads.

I dislike this too.

Yes very frustrating waiting 30 turns for the blockade to end. It's quicker to just attack the nation doing the blockading. It's so silly.

Yeah i want to finish taking corsica but they have been blockaded for about 40 turns now..

This needs to be fixed ASAP, it's getting on my nerves too. I had to declare war just to whack the other navy off my targetted settlement.

Does it really need to be fixed? you can attack if you have military access. This feature isn't bad because it means you can't just swoop and take territory in serious trouble. I played a game as Rome where I was able to take Lilybaeum from Carthage's rebels by have a military access treaty with Carthage.

In the new patch, I believe blocking is the same as a siege , so you will have to fight or support the blockading army.

wanna know whats worst- the attacking faction requests the help of my army nearby; when my units capture the settlement on the battlefield, the other faction gets control of it on the campaign map.

You are unable to attack a blockading navy? Have you tried clicking on the city being blockaded and they attacking the ship icon which is blockading your city? I was able to attack in that way and my garrison in the city boarded several ships and I ended the blockade.

I wonder, if you're an ally to their siege, if you take the flag points, does the city fall to the AI's possesion or yours ?

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

it goes to the ai as per beta patch notes

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by alstl View Post
    You are unable to attack a blockading navy? Have you tried clicking on the city being blockaded and they attacking the ship icon which is blockading your city? I was able to attack in that way and my garrison in the city boarded several ships and I ended the blockade.
    You don't get it, I guess. It's about ci.. just read SP.

Same in my game - thats unplayable and boring.

H.balck

Seems a good place to add - and ask if others have seen the problem?

Syracuse (E Sicily) - lost by the hosts (who now only have Apollonia) to Hellenic Rebels and thus they have now blockaded it. Lots of other nations, including the Romans (me!) would quite like the place. However, no one can attack it.

One of the reasons seems to be that the Rebels get a large army and expand it - but suffer no attrition when blockaded/besieged; thus no one can ever get an army big enough to defeat them. Blockading ships suffer attrition and (as I had a similar experience blockading and then be-sieging Karalis myself) and so do be-sieging armies - but the Rebels in the settlement suffer nothing.

So - Syracuse has been being blockaded (and the Syracusians themselves keep replacing their blockading fleet) for well over 50 years. Is Rebel armies not suffering attrition an issue/bug?

More and more settlements fall to the Rebels - and no one can ever take them back.......
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Yeah i want to finish taking corsica but they have been blockaded for about 40 turns now..
    same here, very annoying. Same for thapsus here. They are both occupied by rebels so really annoying that i can't march in and conquer those regions because some minor tribe blockades the port , been going on for 30+ turns i think and they just don't move

Yeps, having the same problem too... the etruscal league is blocking the port of karalis.... 80 years.....

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    that is just an oversight, I hope it is easy to fix with the next patch.
    An oversight?? How could CA not oversee such a grave bug? All players experience this fairly often and I can for the life of me fathom how their playtesters didn't notice this happening?? DId they play their game at all?? sigh

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

this is still a problem occasionally so the oversight argument is moot. They've had plenty of time to oversee this by now

I haven't really noticed it in a few months. Is it still a problem? Maybe the mechanic is still a problem but the AI just isn't blockading as much as it used to?

Or maybe I've just been either lucky, or unobservant.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
    I haven't really noticed it in a few months. Is it still a problem? Maybe the mechanic is still a problem but the AI just isn't blockading as much as it used to?

Or maybe I've just been either lucky, or unobservant.
    it happens much less frequently and it helps that sometimes(I'm not really sure when) that the blockading fleet takes attrition but it doesn't happen all the time. I've only seen it once or twice in the past month. It still does happen though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast