Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attempt to increase/change the unit size. Anybody has any suggestions? What other files can I use to mod? Thnx

Default Attempt to increase/change the unit size. Anybody has any suggestions? What other files can I use to mod? Thnx

I was messing around in the startpos.esf file in the data/campaigns/main_rome folder and i got to change the size of the units which were actually existent in the campaign already, to double (COMPRESSED_DATA----CAMPAIGN)ENV----CAMPAIGN_MODEL----
    WORLD----FACTION_ARRAY-0------FACTION_ARRAY-----ARMY_ARRAY-----ARMY_ARRAY-0------MILITARY_FORCE------UNIT_CONTAINER------UNITS_ARRAY-----UNITS_ARRAY-0-------UNIT). Lol, did only change the unit size already existent in on the map. New units just came out with 160 (hastati) instead of the 320 of the ones already on the map at the start.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Attempt to increase/change the unit size. Anybody has any suggestions? What other files can I use to mod? Thnx

try main_units

it seems that the base size of units is set there.

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Attempt to increase/change the unit size. Anybody has any suggestions? What other files can I use to mod? Thnx

Everybody knows how to do that. Also there is a tutorial that allows you to mod the newly recruited units through a multiplier (I set mine to 2.5).

However the problem is exactly that: Unit multipliers. I am eagerly waiting for Daniu to finish the new PFM for Rome 2 and hopefully if we dig in to the database files, we can find a table in which we can actually mod the # of men in a unit for all units.

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

If I may ask where is the main_unit located at?

Im for MASSIVE battles i love that. but i think do NOT increase the legionary unit (Manipulae) because the game will be not accuracy for a Roman légion and Roman army cohesion is more strong than barbarian army cohesion ect.... BUT... Barbarian (320+) will be nice and Phalanx (252 soldiers) too ect... The best way it's a mix of increase soldiers (for some factions) AND increase units slot for one army, if possible (i dont know the REAL limite) more than 40 units/army exepct Roman because a Legion = 34 romans units at 161 soldiers each + cav (approximatly) and the orther units is Artillery, auxillary, Gauls mercenary ect..
    Dont forget too and it's important, than design of city (poor design some time) do not accepte (maybe) a patchfinding of unit at 320 soldiers...

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    Everybody knows how to do that. Also there is a tutorial that allows you to mod the newly recruited units through a multiplier (I set mine to 2.5).

However the problem is exactly that: Unit multipliers. I am eagerly waiting for Daniu to finish the new PFM for Rome 2 and hopefully if we dig in to the database files, we can find a table in which we can actually mod the # of men in a unit for all units.
    Love the 2x modifier. So many pila...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by BeastG33 View Post
    Love the 2x modifier. So many pila...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    LOL

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

I cant find where to change unit size in Preference file anyone know how??? or where to find it??
    Last edited by stradar1; September 08, 2013 at 05:28 AM.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    I cant find where to change unit size in Preference file anyone know how??? or where to find it??

This!

It would really help if someone could guide us.

a) over -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618297-How-to-Double-Unit-Sizes
    b) over packfile manager (which I haven't tried out yet)

The system to calculate this needs a strong CPU, enough VRAM and RAM.
    Last edited by NogaOsibisa; September 08, 2013 at 11:31 PM.
    "Tests with Photoshop CS4"

C'est la petite Gilberte, Gilberte de Courgenay,
    elle connait trois cent milles soldats et tout les officiers.

mazel is mer wi gelt

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

main_units schema is already working and unit sizes have already been modded in some mods (eg mine ) not by the multiplier but by adjusting individual unit sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    main_units schema is already working and unit sizes have already been modded in some mods (eg mine ) not by the multiplier but by adjusting individual unit sizes.
    What changes does your mod contain. What have you done with the men per ship numbers? Do you have a link?
    "Tests with Photoshop CS4"

C'est la petite Gilberte, Gilberte de Courgenay,
    elle connait trois cent milles soldats et tout les officiers.

mazel is mer wi gelt

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post13224346

a whole bunch of changes and im still adding to the list.

I made max men per ship = max unit size. other wise there is 2 ships per unit that act as 1

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post13224346

a whole bunch of changes and im still adding to the list.

I made max men per ship = max unit size. other wise there is 2 ships per unit that act as 1
    Thanks for your work Magnar!

Could you please explain where you managed to make the "max men per ship = max unit size" - this is an issue for a many players at the moment, where the AI cannot disembark all its unit fully due to the 2 ships per unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, naval invasion battles from the AI are being hindered by the second ship of the unit refusing to disembark.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

in maint_units there is a column for Num_Men and one for Max_Men_Per_Ship I just entered the same number in each. however i've only increased the unit size by 50% so not sure how it would go with larger numbers.

in maint_units there is a column for Num_Men and one for Max_Men_Per_Ship I just entered the same number in each. however i've only increased the unit size by 50% so not sure how it would go with larger numbers.
    Thanks v much mate. +rep

I haven't looked at the unit details yet - all I have done is set the multiplier to double unit sizes. Will I have to set all the units and their transport ship capacities individually? Or is there a way of setting a universal limit to transport ship capacities?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

i set all units individually but had only tested it on custom battles so far.

Double unit sizes in one ship work in custom battles.

Will check campaign now.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

works fine on campaign. only prob is the starting armies and garrison troops sizes have not been increased. i'll have to have a look for which tables their stats are in

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

double post
    Last edited by Magnar; September 09, 2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: double post

In what file can I find "main_units schema"? Could you please tell me? Thnx.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast