Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Racist biased differentiations between cultures units

Default Racist biased differentiations between cultures units

This is something I had adviced way befoure the release of the game .

Notice how The romans and greeks ara portrayed all like short little hobbits all with hairloss problems and tiny bodies ...

While the Germans and all nordic cultures celts etc are portrayed as might master race hairy strong and Conan like !

This is pure crap of the Unit design !

Took out of the deepest stereothypes and racistic offensive portray of actual cultures .

wich me as Italian and many others find it offensive .

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Default Re: Racist biased differentiations between cultures units

1. Looks like those are levy troops from the mediterranean, as opposed to professional warriors for europeans.2. Possibly an organized army required haircuts, like today.3. I totally agree with you though. This is the last straw and I'm uninstalling.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    This is something I had adviced way befoure the release of the game . Notice how The romans and greeks ara portrayed all like short little hobbits all with hairloss problems and tiny bodies ... While the Germans and all nordic cultures celts etc are portrayed as might master race hairy strong and Conan like ! This is pure crap of the Unit design ! Took out of the deepest stereothypes and racistic offensive portray of actual cultures . wich me as Italian and many others find it offensive .
    Its not racist because its true. In this age before interacial mingeling Celts would have been much bigger on average than italians mostly because of dietary reasons. Germans should be smaller though, but hairy like they are in game. Italians wouldn't need much hair in sunny italy now would they? Also the unit of romans you have in the picture are running and bent over while your germans are standing up not moving. Kind of stupid comparison though if you ask me. What the romans lack in height they make up for in retarded armor and discipline bonuses in game, there are plenty of other problems between them besides looks.

this denoes only the High Ignorance of some people and in particular the design decision of the unit making them like so ...
    I picked thesame unit I am Italian and I am taller than most of the germans I have met .
    Those units are both javelinmen youths , but the roman look all old tiny fragile hairlossed and dwarves ...

This is pure **** , if they knew actually history woudl know that the hiperbolic description of tgermans as monsters tall are pure invention to impress the public and win a propaganda and has no reality in modern day findings as well as moder day genetics , most of the differences were of about few cms not like 1 m difference!!!

This is probably the biased decision of the unit design to portray intentionally a racistic and incredibly biased offensive portray .

Caesar himself was 1,80 m the whole Legio Italica was made of 1.80 minimum height Italic men ... so this is pure **** ... considering also that There was not a "roman Race" but that Romans levied the legionaries even from Celts and Germans , what made them all of sudden short wearing armors? Only Ignorants of history do not know that the height portray were pure fictional hiperboles .

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Italian soldiers and such were farmers and very sedentary. Poor diets = poor nutrition = low life expectancy + hair loss + short.Celtic warriors were mostly hunters and fishers from my understanding so would have a varied diet and would always be active.

Of course, the Italians should be even taller!

Best to check the definition of racism.

dom385's Avatar Senator

I knew this would be a good thread as soon as I saw it...

JGL's Avatar Miles

I hope you enjoy creating these pointless threads Prom, because the rest of us just find them extremely tiring.

If your going to show screenshots as evidence at least have the 2 units which are the same type. Some how I doubt CA have a racist bias against Italians.
    The Moralizing Empire.
    "When my lovely tribe invaded other land it was for bravery and pride, if Rome invaded other land it was because Romans were the evil." Courtesy of Romanheart
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I don't think it is intentionally racist. For example, the Roman's lack of hair is probably a reference to Julius Ceasar, who was balding himself. They clearly just went off of stereotypes that people expect to see. However, I agree that the height difference is ridiculous, and obviously not all Romans should be bald. I find it amusing how they made the Germans/ Celts like a master race (tall, etc) but shied away from giving any of them blonde hair and blue eyes.

Some units in a videogame are taller than others???!!! MARTIN LUTHER KING DIED FOR NOTHING

I do believe you are using the term racist incorrectly.

The Great War Mod for NTW!

The amount of silly is astounding its also fact that North europeans are taller in avrage height, and back in those days the diffrnace was probobly bigger.

lol this is a great thread, and let the fun begin.

Of course, the Italians should be even taller!

Best to check the definition of racism.

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

Let the hilarity ensue!
    Support Russia!

temporaryname1's Avatar Foederatus

Prom I'm Italian too and I feel like wee man when I'm in a touristic area full of Germans ,Dutch ,etc despite being 183cm tall.If you are going to complaint about race complaint about the west african looking Berbers.That is indeed racist and shameless pandering.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Prometheus, when Italy was invaded by Germans, Italian and German races mixed up, and that- along with enough food etc- is why you are so tall. Modern day italians are less than 1/10 heirs of Romans.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

this denoes only the High Ignorance of some people and in particular the design decision of the unit making them like so ...
    I picked thesame unit I am Italian and I am taller than most of the germans I have met .
    Those units are both javelinmen youths , but the roman look all old tiny fragile hairlossed and dwarves ...
    The Germans of today are not the same ones of 280 bc....
    This is pure **** , if they knew actually history woudl know that the hiperbolic description of tgermans as monsters tall are pure invention to impress the public and win a propaganda and has no reality in modern day findings as well as moder day genetics , most of the differences were of about few cms not like 1 m difference!!!
    It has very little to do with genetics. It has to do with the fact that Celts and germans had much more portein in thier diet due to hunting. Romans/Italians hunted less and farmed more.

This is probably the biased decision of the unit design to portray intentionally a racistic and incredibly biased offensive portray .
    It was intentional but it is not racist. Its simply being factual
    Caesar himself was 1,80 m the whole Legio Italica was made of 1.80 minimum height Italic men ... so this is pure **** ... considering also that There was not a "roman Race" but that Romans levied the legionaries even from Celts and Germans , what made them all of sudden short wearing armors? Only Ignorants of history do not know that the height portray were pure fictional hiperboles
    All good Propaganda has a hint of truth in it, so it was most likely true that the Celts were taller, but not more than a foot

http://www.interbasket.net/news/4385...es-20-years/oh look, norther europeans top the chart..poor italy is not even near the top.

Next hes gonna tell us that italians are white!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast