Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Racist biased differentiations between cultures units

Default Re: Racist biased differentiations between cultures units

Prometheus... You're comparing light peltasts and mobs who are running in a hunching position with spearmen who are standing erect. It's like taking two straws of equal length, bending one at a 90 degree angle, setting them parallel to each other and saying the bent one's shorter. I want to see you bring a picture, comparing the heights of actual Roman Legionaries with the barbarians, not the roman civilians (who have never been bred or trained for combat) with warrior barbarians. THEN we'll talk.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Straight foward:

- Roman and greek armies are used to cut their hair out since Alexander.
    - Northern european people are around 5 to 15cm taller than italians.
    - The difference in game average is a half head with a full head at it max.
    - Barbarians looks like hungry somalians in they unit card. *laughs*

If think it's a good point to ask you guys if you all could take screenshots in game. I cant take any since the last patches. Are it working for you? I use Steam, by the way.
    Last edited by VektorT; September 07, 2013 at 08:17 PM.

Prometheus your white and your calling other white people racist for portraying ancient white people sizes inaccurately? Am I gathering this correctly or am I misunderstanding your mind?
    Last edited by Radzeer; September 07, 2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: language adjustment
    This signature is clickable

Quote Originally Posted by Petrobras View Post
    But, racism...? I really dont care about those differenteces. Also the romans and greeks armies was used to cut all of they hair out, being completely bald, since Alexander. That not only prevent pests like lice and fleas, but the initial ideas was to prevent the enemy from grabbing they by the hair or beard. So, the bald romans we saw are historic accurate.
    There's a difference in shaving and being bald.

Is this guy serious?

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I thought this thread got locked. Prometheus if you hate the game so much why don't you just leave the forums and not bother to play it or any other again I mean really. You said the other day your done with CA, but you'll still be there picking up the next copy and its DLC. You complained like hell before release too so why did you even get the game?

Your continued moaning makes your decision to buy a game you complained about before release seem illogical to me.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Is the really a topic. Are people so weak minded that they are offended by a video game??? I guess as a Black American I need to look at the African troops and find something to be offended about!! Get over yourself and pla the damn game..or, if its so freaking racist, delete it from your hard drive.

Marxism is evil.

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

I have tears in my eyes after reading through this whole thread.

BALD ROMANS TO A MAN!

Haha, he must get an Aneurysm everytime he pops in super mario^^

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post

Notice how The romans and greeks ara portrayed all like short little hobbits all with hairloss problems and tiny bodies ...

Froooooodo! Nooooooo! Frooodo! It's my one hundred and eleventeith birthday!

Took out of the deepest stereothypes and racistic offensive portray of actual cultures .

wich me as Italian and many others find it offensive .

Sorry dude, but hobbits aren't bald. I think you're more likely dwarves. Dwarves are fat and have hairy backs.
    Last edited by Megalos; September 07, 2013 at 08:47 PM.

The only thing that popped up in my head after reading the OP.

If you want to discuss moderation, there is a commentary thread for that. Here it is just off topic posting and will be deleted immediately.

lol at that screenie. That guy has huge hair.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Hahaha.. Always good for a laugh Prom...

Tacitus remarked in book 4; that the Germanic peoples had 'large bodies.' The fact he made such a sweeping generalization would indicate that Germanic people were noticeably larger.

Caesar commented on the diet of the northern tribes being mainly 'milk, fish, flesh.' A high protein/high fat diet which would have certainly been a factor in those people being in a physically healthy condition the addition of a largely active lifestyle also contributing.

As for the bald heads, is it not true the Roman's put high esteem in physical grooming. Clean shaven/hair cut short/body hair removed/skin oiled, were these not considered as much symbols of cultural/social superiority..

Didn't most Roman soldiers wear helmets or one type or another, wouldn't short hair be more appropriate..

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    I picked thesame unit I am Italian and I am taller than most of the germans I have met .

clearlly all​ Italians are prickly whiners.

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Prom, I find it insulting and offensive, your insinuation that being short is something bad. You have absolutely no idea what racism is, and you're playing the victim card, the race card etc.. lots of cards lol. Still, entertaining to read. I laughed out loud at much of your tirades.

p.s. you are just as much genetically related to Romans as to Barbarians.. so you shouldn't even be able to take offense on behalf of a people who have been dead for 2000 years. Taking offense on behalf of someone else in history has always been strange to me.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

I think the huge germanic tribes are racism. They are sooo huge and sooo muscular and still get a huge beating from bald hobbits covered in metal, who totally walk through their lines laughing and stabing then at easy.

[sarcastic mode off]

I would think "tall" back in ancient times was like 5'8-10 or something.

http://akinokure.blogspot.com/2011/0...1-inch-in.html

Read up. Celts and Germans would have had 4 times as many people over 6 feet tall per capita than Romans. It's exaggerated in game, but there is a factual argument for taller barbarians, whereas I noticed your post had none. It's also a game, lighten up.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast