Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long till a medieval III ? let CA drop Rome II

Default How long till a medieval III ? let CA drop Rome II

How long do you think will take to realize to CA the big failure of Rome II and then revert back on the good path of Shogun II with a new Medieval III?

I really hope they start working on it now and not waste time on fixing that game with DLCs etc ... That game has come out as an abortion because of its broken design and its not worth to keep it still working on it .

So I really hope they give up on Rome II and start work on Med III .

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Default Re: How long till a medieval III ? let CA drop Rome II

Not sure if serious. I'm most likely done with Total war after Rome 2, which I am actually enjoying.

PROMETHEUS,

I disagree with you strongly on this. RTW II have so much potential so it would be wise for CA to fix RTW II and you can see how many modders are working on this game because they want to see this game fixed too? It would be so shamed to see this game being thrown away. I, wholeheartedly, hope CA keep working on it and release more patches like they did with ETW, NTW, and STW II.

Well I disagree with your opinions on Rome II. I think with regular patches and mods it could become a very good game. I dout they will drop the game.

I do think Medieval III would be good although I'm not sure whether it will be the next Total War game. Personally I hope it will be, either that or one set in China, Japan, Korea and definitly not a Warhammer Fantasy based game. No offence Fantasy players.

Regardless of whatever the next game will be, I assume we won't hear anything of it for at least a year or so.

Senator

Well I hope they use a new engine ... if they do a Medieval 3 .
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

There is an entire world outside of Europe and Japan, you know. Eventually, the Rome/Medieval/Shogun/18th century route will start to get just a little whee bit stale.

As much as RTW2 disappointed me, there is still room and time for CA to clean it up and spice it up with additional features with patches. That's if they decide to go that route which I believe would redeem them back to 75% trust rating.

That being said, if they leave Rome as is.. unfinished and unpolished, I doubt I will jump to buy TW:MIII like I did with Rome. They caught a lot of people with the Pre-orders off guard, get this and that if you pre-order. ect
    Last edited by ShadowMassa; September 08, 2013 at 07:18 PM.

I hope they years on Rome 2 instead of diverting resources away from it to make another game.

OP what makes you think the Medieval III would be any better than this garbage? The highly anticipated and desired Rome 2 turns out to be crap after having a massive budget and years of work and you think that Medieval III will be a success? Why?CA has shown that they are either taking the series in a different direction from its roots or it totally inept at retaining good features and implements new improved features. Granted some of the new features are nice, but most are not. Overall the good new features do not outweigh the removed or lost features simple as that.Yes patches will improve performance and AI, but many problems run deeper than that. The game looks great (well done to CA on historical authenticity and graphics, I am very pleased), but the battles are just sooooo bad.

I do believe CA did a very good job with the units, their research and the landscapes, the city architecture and layout. We can argue how accurate the units are for the era, but CA did a better job than Rome 1. Shogun 2 and Rome 2 CA did a good job with these features, everything else on is lackluster in Rome II. 1 turn per year, no seasons, terrible boring interface, list goes on. It only makes me think the next game on their lineup will be much worst.
    Last edited by ShadowMassa; September 08, 2013 at 07:35 PM.

Because Medieval is a more focused world with more shared units and reesources.

the most logical step woul dhave been for them do make a medieval III and not a Rome II yet , then use much more time to develope Rome properly .

the Rome II game is a big failure, Half of the promised features were removed from game and the other half mechanics are highly disapointing many players like no walls, flags on field , no season changes on map , stupid AI etc ...

Perhaps this time they will learn that is wise to listen to people that complain rather than just look at what they think steam stats tell them or just to the all praising people .

I really wished they make a Med III first because it was a less massive project with much less different cultures and a more focused gameplay that coudl also fit nicely with the avatar conquest they did for STWII etc ...

Rome II was beyond their possibilities to develop it in few time as the did .

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

i cant wait till MTWIII, however i really feel that they should first and foremost fix Rome II up,

after that they need to sit down with sega and let em know that they CA are only human and that any deadline set is to be set by CA so that they can polish and release the game with full features, without rushing anything and without cutting things out because i swear if this sort of debacle happens again with MTWIII then it will be sega, not CA, whose lands will burn and women will be enslaved !!!!
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Total War can die for all I care, but not before Medieval III. I really want to see this get made before the casualisation gets even worse.

Medieval 2 was absolutely the best Total War game.

Libertus

As my favorite TW game of them all, I would LOVE a Medieval III. That said...99% chance there will never be one. Look for an Empire 2 or Warhammer TW next.

ShadowAU92's Avatar Foederatus

I would love World War: Total War (either 1 or 2) but I doubt that'll ever happen as it would be too big of an undertaking and would require a much better engine. As for MTW3 I wouldn't mind seeing it but if they don't fix up Rome 2 and start adding in features that were left or taken out that the fans are asking for to be put in, I doubt many people will buy it.
    Service Done
    Service Totally Unsung
    Nonetheless
    Is Service Done
    Now We Say Tallarook
    Goodnight, Shipmates
    Godbless
    And Bloody Well Done
    --------------------------
    HMAS Sydney II -
    Lest We Forget

Semisalis

So let me get this strait. You and moan for months about Rome 2 making countless threads about the wrong hair colour or horse breed or some other pedantic piece of the game, and now that it's out you just abandon it as a total failure because the testudo is wrong?

I do not understand your motivations and reasoning...
    Last edited by Ishan; September 09, 2013 at 04:07 AM. Reason: censor bypass

Before CA runs off to make another game, I want them to sell me the Amazons DLC.

If they stick with similar features of 'Fall of the Samurai', they would be able to create a Victorian Era TW, 1850's to the early 1900's. I guess it can also be label it Empires II. The map can feature 3-5 large zones, Europe-North Africa-West Asia, Southern Africa, North America, Central Asia-South Asia-East Asia. The era contains the Anglo-Afghan war, the Boer War, the Zulu war, the Russo-Japanese war, Mahdist war, the Italo-Ethiopian war, the list goes on. I think it would be interesting..

Hhowever, after Rome 2 I simply don't know the route CA is going to go anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    the Rome II game is a big failure
    Exactly how are you measuring the games success?

It feels like you're being a bit dramatic, after the initial launch I've had a great time with Rome II. It's a big step up from Shogun 2, in fact the only negative is that the game isn't as pretty as i thought it would be, but they are fixing that.

I think many people over sold themselves and when the game is slightly different from their expectations they throw it in the colossal fail bin instead of actually playing the game and getting to like it.

I wouldn't mind seeing you back up what you've actually said, the 3 issues you've brought up are actually changeable by mods & a requirement to go on the steam forums is having a sub 80 IQ.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I would like a Medieval III. It's probably just nostalgia but some of my favourite memories of Total War have been Medieval and Medieval II despite it not being an era I'm particularly interested in. I think I'd be happier if it was focused more on 700AD-1100AD.
    Last edited by Radzeer; September 08, 2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: personal

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast