Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long till a medieval III ? let CA drop Rome II

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: How long till a medieval III ? let CA drop Rome II

Wow prometheus is at it again? every single week its posting something new to complain about, in general the responses have been "Ok we get it you don't like it... we don't care anymore"
    I mean really man, you are absolutely relentless and you are making blanket statements about the game and how EVERYONE is responding to it.

Bugs? umm, i have had no crashes, no graphic glitches, no lag spikes, no problems at all. I have yet to run into any problems that anyone has posted about.

AI being stupid? They actually use navies, have come to my aid in combat more than once and use harassment of smaller armies to attack my trade lanes and lower my income. They have out flanked me and attacked where i don't have an army more than once. is it the best AI ever? nope sorry it isnt but i have seen small improvements here and there.

I am actually enjoying myself with Rome 2 and you just want them to drop it and start working on the next game so you can complain about that one too? I really just dont get why you have to absolutely bash, criticize, and attack CA every single time you post on here. All i think anymore when i see your name is "What is the complaint now?" that's it!

Sorry Rome 2 is not a failure as you so lovingly put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawire View Post
    Prom, first you complain about "racist" units for being too tall or short, then you complain about hair... and now you just want to throw down on the floor and throw some childish temper tantrums.

Shiga you should start to learn to differentiate from the usual mob of trolls , I used to respect you more but reading this comments really drops my arms , I won't answer at tone for the old posts I knew of you but your behaviour has levelled to really low quality with that post .

All of the complains I have rised are valid and legit , then if the trolls spam init throwisn stupid racist crap in it is not my fault , I expect more smartness from you than flattening to their level .

The units are too tall and too short indeed, just make a measurement , confrontate them in world I amnot only the one to say that , but since the trolls like me , they make so much fuzz about any thread I post . the disproportions are unbelieavable and unrealistic , Just watch them ingame over 35% increased buffed size . then the hairs , check how 90% of them are bald or no hairs and yes is another rightfull complain , and I have complained about other things as well and way befoure the game come out and all about Valid and sensitive points that actually now reveal for the crap decisions that they were , from the wrong testudo , to the flags arcade on battlefields, no walls , no seasons , arcade gameplay buttons , and so on , you really want to lower yourself to the level of the mob or use the brain and see the rightfull complains?

I have complained in the past yes and I have been right so far . I tried hard to advice CA and players here to Open their eyes and help me to voice out the problems , instead I had only and crap throwed at me with bad insults, personal addressing harrassing and sentences like "CA knows what to do" ," the game is still Alpha ", and other unrepeateable ones ...

the result of their blindness is not in front of the whole world , I tried to advice with what you call " Childish tantrums " nobody listened and now here we are , the most epic fail of TW game .... I 'd like to say that perhaps is what the community deserves for having so much rowed against their interests and that I tried to advice , but no the trolls won it good job to the trolls!

This game is so bugged and so badly designed with so many even missing features of the many promised that its completely trasheable and non recovereable not even with a massive free DLC!

So better admit that it was a failure of game design by the campaign and battle and AI departments and put it aside , move on and start hard working on not make a second fail with Medieval III .

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Victoria first. The CA do whatever the Hell they want as far as I'm concerned
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

Civis

Speak for yourself dude, you seem to be one of the few people I've seen that has outright called this game a failure. The game is the second-most played on Steam almost a week after release and the vast majority of problems you seem to be bringing up don't concern many people other than yourself. You are discrediting the people at CA who worked hard at this game saying they are liars and racists and calling anyone who disagrees with your statements as 'trolls'.

As for Medieval III, I think that would be a great game to make that after a Rome II expansion. Possibly a Victorian-era Total War would be great too, especially since it has worked so well with the Warscape engine (assuming they will still make the next Total War with that same engine).

Quote Originally Posted by TrizzyG View Post
    Speak for yourself dude, you seem to be one of the few people I've seen that has outright called this game a failure. The game is the second-most played on Steam almost a week after release and the vast majority of problems you seem to be bringing up don't concern many people other than yourself. You are discrediting the people at CA who worked hard at this game saying they are liars and racists and calling anyone who disagrees with your statements as 'trolls'.

As for Medieval III, I think that would be a great game to make that after a Rome II expansion. Possibly a Victorian-era Total War would be great too, especially since it has worked so well with the Warscape engine (assuming they will still make the next Total War with that same engine).

that was a joke right?

I am

one of

the

FEW????

people

???

you living on mars dude?

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Every comment I see by you Prometheus is extremely offensive. Seriously? Abortion? How are you in the position you are on this site? Please control your language.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Quote Originally Posted by HolyRoman View Post
    Every comment I see by you Prometheus is extremely offensive. Seriously? Abortion? How are you in the position you are on this site? Please control your language.
    From the Latin Abortus : " An immature and nonviable fetus"
    Its clearly a metaphore for the premature birth of Rome II , so I am not offending anyone , not you , not others , I have addressed the game and in technical terms its an abortion . I don't see how you can call this offensive by any means .
    So you please moderate your language when addressing others or inform yourself on the meaning of words neither is up to you to question my position on the site by personal addressing and direct insulting .

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Medieval 3 would be only game i would buy from ca after rome 2, god that was a mess.

“I am in fact, a hobbit in all but size”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Have you guys not learned anything? Med III will be for a more 'wider audience'. It will be on consoles, PS4,XONE,WII and ofc PC. Gameplay would be a little more complex than Mario or Pacman. Battles would include selecting your blob and clicking on the other blob and winning after 14 seconds. OR capture the flag for auto win. CA & Sega will just make shiny trailers and gameplay vids and everyone will buy it like brainless zombies. The term "Voting with your valet" will be removed from English dictionary by then.

Quote Originally Posted by ma_251 View Post
    The term "Voting with your valet" will be removed from English dictionary by then.
    So presumably this will all take place sometime after that phrase is added to the dictionary?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Talbot View Post
    So presumably this will all take place sometime after that phrase is added to the dictionary?
    Haha. Right you are sir.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

I don't think it's a good idea to ask CA to immediately move to M3TW, even if R2TW had proved to be very disappointing (as expected, should I say).
    As expected, having no answer from CA when the subject "1TPY" was raised, I didn't find yet how graphic environment is defined and if it is possible, or not, to add a new one to create season.
    Having found no db tables linking campaign environment and campaign turn, I doubt it is possible.
    On the other hand, why CA would have take care to create such db tables when the game is designed to allow only 1 turn per year... it could have impacted performance I suppose (Yes, I know, it's a very bad joke, sorry).

If they want to regain confidence, they have to fix all this mess and add features that are lacking here.

All the problem is that CA should heard peoples here, not only those who praised them, but also those who send them constructive critics.
    They can move to a new M3TW, but do you really think they will learn from their mistakes ?

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    ...and now here we are , the most epic fail of TW game ....
    Of course everyone is entitled to have his own opinion, but after that statement, I just can't take you seriously anymore.

If you seriously claim that this release was worse than ETW, I am forced to conclude that you had high expectations of R2, are disappointed and now overreact in a very emotional and immature manner.

I have played every TW game at release day (except shogun which I bought after reading a review) and every single one of them except S2TW had more problems at release than R2.

Granted, some design decisions like capture points in field battles are downright stupid. Who needs motion captured kill moves when everything is running on fast forward, ending up in a cluster and there is no time to watch any of them? Getting rid of family trees etc... - Seriously CA - what were you thinking?

- However, people complain about 1 turn/year (which can be fixed in under a minute using editsf) - well - M2TW had 2 years/turn whith character aging out of sync with the rest of the game.
    - People complain about bad diplomacy, praising all titles prior to ETW at the same time, whereas none of these games didn't even have a diplomacy system worth mentioning.
    - You complain about bald romans and giant germans, and claim this is the worst title, so I assume that must be worse than britons throwing armor-piercing heads at their enemies? Rrrright...

I could go on and on, but I think it's quite fruitless in your current emotional state, so I guess I'll just do the same I do when my wife goes into hyterics and slowly step out of the room tom play some total war...

under the patronage of Belisarius

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli View Post
    - However, people complain about 1 turn/year (which can be fixed in under a minute using editsf) - well - M2TW had 2 years/turn whith character aging out of sync with the rest of the game.
    If it is possible to add more turns per years, I don't think someone had found yet if it is possible to add new graphic environment linked to turn.
    For example, creating a 2TPY mod with winter and summer, each season with its own graphics and characteristics.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    If it is possible to add more turns per years, I don't think someone had found yet if it is possible to add new graphic environment linked to turn.
    For example, creating a 2TPY mod with winter and summer, each season with its own graphics and characteristics.
    I've changed my game to have 2 turns/year as I think it feels about right in regards to character development - otherwise adding skills etc. to a character was just a chore because you knew he'd die in 5-10 turns anyway.

I can't say I miss the seasonal changes all that much - in the regions where someone would campaign during winter, it wouldn't have much impact and in the northern regions, armies would have put up a winter camp, not go out on campaign and even less fight battles in blizzards like in M2TW. In fact I critized M2TW for having winter maps at all, because there were no medieval battles taking place during blizzards - winter was a logistical nightmare even for mechanized armies in WW2, and even more so in the ancient world.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

So how many of you people shouting out for Medieval III love Medieval II for its vanilla? I sure didn't like Medieval II's vanilla. I only liked Medieval II because of all the full conversion mods, which is something you will not have in a Medieval III.
    But, what I am saying will likely fall upon deaf ears just like when I told people two years ago not to overhype Rome II. I predicted the amount of disappointment following the release of Rome II. TBH, I thought I was overestimating the disappointment, but I was wrong.
    If Medieval III is the next TW title, here is a warning for those who are choosing to overhype a potential Medieval III, your disappointment will be greater than the disappointment for Rome II.
    The best thing for CA to do is not another sequel. Do a Victorian TW, Renaissance TW, Dark Age TW.

Renaissence TW would be proabably a too focused time for CA ... but it woudl be good actually as it might even be reviving the style of Shogun II that wasmuch better ...
    Victorian? That's just how English call their little part of recent decades history so no thanks , while Dark ages is also another focused time but that has more probability to be merged into a medieval III together with the renaissence perhaps .

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Not on this game engine brah!
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

There will never be a Medieval 3.

Let's all accept this now and move on with our lives.

​Scoodlypooper Numero Uno

Quote Originally Posted by ptoss1 View Post
    There will never be a Medieval 3.

Let's all accept this now and move on with our lives.
    Thanks for reviving that thread but why you say so ?

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast